Octavia 245 Owners Club

14 minutes ago, andygman said:

The truth is out there.....somewhere!

I think dealers are in the dark. 

At some point Mr Skoda in Czech will pull the plug on the Mk3.

Do they have a plan? Possibly.

Perhaps we need to trawl through old X Files episodes for the answer to this burning question.:nod:

• Haha 1

I was looking at a new 245 estate manual for around £21800. Cars2buy.com issue is availability. They only had 1 manual in the whole country. Worth a look and a call though? 

14 minutes ago, jonnyboy78 said:

I have just spoken to the dealership and a second salesman (the one I dealt with yesterday not back in until Monday) told me that he had the same issue with an Octavia order earlier today, they will be calling someone at Skoda monday to get confirmation of what is happening as its correct MY20 are now in production.

I may have to opt for a Demo or Pre Reg not alot of stock about with right colour etc, on the plus side these demos do seem to be loaded with options but trying to put a price on a vehicle with so many options is difficult, they want £25300 for a 245 DSG Estate with just under 2k miles on it (19 plate June), comes with £3450 worth of options inc Pan Roof, Digi Dash, Heated Seats, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel, Front & Rear Sensors and Winter Pack.

Without the options similar mileage & year are around £22500 so paying an extra £2800 for the privlege of £3.5k of used options, dont mind paying a bit more but they seem to be trying to claw back almost the full cost of the fitted options which does not feel right on what is a used second hand vehicle... thoughts?

I would say with the current unpredictable supply situation if you are happy saving £8,000 on a 2 month old 245 in the right colour and a great spec then go for it and get down there and slap a deposit down before someone beats you. A couple of weeks ago I missed out on a delivery mileage Karoq Scout for the wife because I delayed viewing the car in Marshalls Skoda Leicester dealership and someone in Essex rang up and bought it just from the online pictures because it was a nice spec at £6,500 under list.:nod:

14 minutes ago, jonnyboy78 said:

I have just spoken to the dealership and a second salesman (the one I dealt with yesterday not back in until Monday) told me that he had the same issue with an Octavia order earlier today, they will be calling someone at Skoda monday to get confirmation of what is happening as its correct MY20 are now in production.

I may have to opt for a Demo or Pre Reg not alot of stock about with right colour etc, on the plus side these demos do seem to be loaded with options but trying to put a price on a vehicle with so many options is difficult, they want £25300 for a 245 DSG Estate with just under 2k miles on it (19 plate June), comes with £3450 worth of options inc Pan Roof, Digi Dash, Heated Seats, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel, Front & Rear Sensors and Winter Pack.

Without the options similar mileage & year are around £22500 so paying an extra £2800 for the privlege of £3.5k of used options, dont mind paying a bit more but they seem to be trying to claw back almost the full cost of the fitted options which does not feel right on what is a used second hand vehicle... thoughts?

If you like that car do what I did with a car recently.

I asked the salesman if there was any movement on the price of a car.

He,naturally,said no,because all our cars are well priced.

I then said,look, my offer is X,here is my phone number,speak to your boss and get back to me,I'm busy now,can't wait,goodbye.

The next day my offer was accepted.

I your case I would offer £24k.

23 hours ago, jonnyboy78 said:

I went to look at a fully kitted 245 Demo yesterday and with all the options it was costing more than a new 245, so challenged the salesman on this and we went inside to see what he could get a new one down to with the current pcp contribution, he come back and said he could not put through a factory order on a 245 DSG Estate. He is ringing me Monday with an update, but that may be it for factory orders.

On this note if there are no further factory orders and the mark 4 is due to hit dealerships by early next year / end of this year is it worth holding out for stock clearance or sell off of demos, or does it normally work the other way and the vRS will better hold its value at least until the new vRS hits the streets. My thoughts are dealerships are not going to want a mark 4 Octy in the showroom alongside a mark 3 vRS, test drives on the Mark 3 will not be needed pretty soon if orders are not possible and so the sell off begins.

All this talk of different models I am getting towards the end of my 2 yr lease on my 245 (delivered may 18)  I waited about 7 months for delivery.  I want to start thinking of what ill get next soon.  Any ideas?  The new model octavia is out next year but I assuming the VRS wont be until late 2020?  ideally if I went for that id need it mid may 2020

Not sure this is the right place but here's my thoughts about my 4 week old 245 DSG estate.

TL;DR - meh.

The practicalities are great which I expected. I had a manual hatch 2006 VRS a few years back and it was great so I knew that the boot would be huge and it would be comfortable inside. Knowing DSG and the TFSI engine I knew what that would be like.

But there's a few things which are bugging me slightly.

1. The suspension. I did originally order a car with the DCC but it was going to take months to deliver and I couldn't wait. So I went for a stock car with 18" wheels and no DCC. It's just always hard. You need a really smooth road for it not to be constantly moving. It's meant to be a family car so not sure why they've gone so hard by default. A similar Golf GTI is so much more composed.

2. 2nd gear. It's pointless. Feels like it's restricted to about 200 PS. You're always trying to keep it in 3rd because it's quicker than 2nd. Sometimes it'll kick down to 2nd which actually slows down the acceleration. They're obviously trying to save the DSG box but it's bloody frustrating.

3. The tyre noise is deafening. You're having to shout to have conversations. 

4. Just assumed it would have the standard convenience stuff that all the Korean and Japanese cars have e.g. 12v socket in the back, reversing camera as standard (I've got one but had to pay as an option), wireless phone charging. VAG are really behind the curve on that stuff.

But everything else is good. I get 50 MPG on motorway runs. The driver's seat is creaking on the right hand bolster. I think it'll have to go back but I'm expecting a fight over it.

23 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

the neighbour is happy to lend me his fun car (ML63 AMG) for dump runs with my trailer.

:blink: has said neighbour been sectioned yet?

I mean, what could possibly go wrong, Postman Tony in a 500ish bhp 2.5 tonne tank WITH A TRAILER...? 

🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dirk1978 said:

Not sure this is the right place but here's my thoughts about my 4 week old 245 DSG estate.

TL;DR - meh.

The practicalities are great which I expected. I had a manual hatch 2006 VRS a few years back and it was great so I knew that the boot would be huge and it would be comfortable inside. Knowing DSG and the TFSI engine I knew what that would be like.

1. The suspension. I did originally order a car with the DCC but it was going to take months to deliver and I couldn't wait. So I went for a stock car with 18" wheels and no DCC. It's just always hard. You need a really smooth road for it not to be constantly moving. It's meant to be a family car so not sure why they've gone so hard by default. A similar Golf GTI is so much more composed.

2. 2nd gear. It's pointless. Feels like it's restricted to about 200 PS. You're always trying to keep it in 3rd because it's quicker than 2nd. Sometimes it'll kick down to 2nd which actually slows down the acceleration. They're obviously trying to save the DSG box but it's bloody frustrating.

4. Just assumed it would have the standard convenience stuff that all the Korean and Japanese cars have e.g. 12v socket in the back, reversing camera as standard (I've got one but had to pay as an option), wireless phone charging. VAG are really behind the curve on that stuff.

But everything else is good. I get 50 MPG on motorway runs. The driver's seat is creaking on the right hand bolster. I think it'll have to go back but I'm expecting a fight over it.

Perhaps the power comes in differently on the manual but on a rolling road my car produced (in standard spec) 100bhp at 2,000rpm, 166bhp at 3,000rpm, 216bhp at 4,000rpm and 249bhp at 5,000rpm. The manual does 39mph in 1st gear, 71mph in 2nd gear and 105mph in 3rd gear all at the rev limiter which is 7,000rpm. Yes it's noisy and the ride is firm but I rarely give anyone a lift and if we want comfort we take the family car, the wife's Karoq SEL which came with balloon tyres, front/rear parking sensors and a reversing camera as standard for people who can't park (SWMBO).

Edited by shyVRS245
SPELLING MISTAKE

1 hour ago, dirk1978 said:

TL;DR - meh.

I'm sure your comments are valid,but it's that old thing again,"you get what you pay for".

The large vRS discounts now mean you have to forgive some faults,competing cars which are better cost considerably more.

PS I'm happy to have ordered mine with DCC....but plenty seem happy with the ride without it.

1 hour ago, dirk1978 said:

Is the traction control cutting in? Sometimes it's quite heavy handed in second gear. Try turning it to Sport mode (hold the traction control button down for a few seconds)

51 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

Is the traction control cutting in? Sometimes it's quite heavy handed in second gear. Try turning it to Sport mode (hold the traction control button down for a few seconds)

Nah it's definitely limited. The grip is pretty phenomenal really. The LSD is amazing.

I managed all but £10k off my new 245.  Dealer subsidies are supported by VAG input as well.   I found a dealer close to target and offered my price and sat it out.  They rang with one day to spare and the deal was done.  They might not have made money out of my car but their Dealer bonus was reached on volume so they got their bonus.

IMG_2090(1).JPG

43 minutes ago, dirk1978 said:

Nah it's definitely limited. The grip is pretty phenomenal really. The LSD is amazing.

Can't say I've noticed a similar effect in 2nd, it absolutely flies, doesn't feel limited or restricted at all 

It's definitely not slower to accelerate in 2nd than 3rd, if yours genuinely is I'd take it back to get looked at. 

Edited by Kenai

26 minutes ago, Kenai said:

Can't say I've noticed a similar effect in 2nd, it absolutely flies, doesn't feel limited or restricted at all 

It's definitely not slower to accelerate in 2nd than 3rd, if yours genuinely is I'd take it back to get looked at. 

Quite a few people seem to be confirming it here as well

On 19/08/2019 at 10:34, dirk1978 said:

TL;DR - meh.

1. I've got DCC so I can't comment 

2. Its torque not power they limit & it's in 1st & 2nd. I revamped the DSG so, I don't suffer anymore

3. What tyres have you got, if it's the P zeros I feel for you, they're noisy, ****e in the wet & only any bloody good when you get lots of heat into them. Try Michelin cross climates if you've got 18"

13 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

1. I've got DCC so I can't comment 

2. Its torque not power they limit & it's in 1st & 2nd. I revamped the DSG so, I don't suffer anymore

3. What tyres have you got, if it's the P zeros I feel for you, they're noisy, ****e in the wet & only any bloody good when you get lots of heat into them. Try Michelin cross climates if you've got 18"

I think they're Bridgestone Potenza. Not sure which model.

I know the thread was originally started for those with "proper" (special) 245s, but from the recent comments it looks like you're letting "standard" newer ones in as well

Picked this up yesterday after saying goodbye to my Mk2 Blackline vRS.

From dealer stock, with just 140 miles on the clock when I got to it. (including my 12-mile test drive from last week 

Petrol, Manual, Pretty much vanilla, except for the addition of a spare wheel. 

(and yes, the parking is shocking :D ) 

(and yes, I wished they had cut those hedges a little bit lower to see the bridges better)

new.thumb.jpg.79347b1ec4c229dd0cfa103ddf72d2e9.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

I know the thread was originally started for those with "proper" (special) 245s,

A 245 is a 245 is a 245 surely? Unless I'm much mistaken all 245s have the VAQ diff which is what differentiates the "performance pack" VRS from the rest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, juan27 said:

A 245 is a 245 is a 245 surely? Unless I'm much mistaken all 245s have the VAQ diff which is what differentiates the "performance pack" VRS from the rest. 

No, in the UK the first available 245s also got other extras including but not limited to... 

Electric Heated Memory Alcantara Seats, Black Pack with black exhaust tips and gloss black Extrem alloys, bigger brakes at the rear (not sure if all 245s get these actually), front parking sensors, performance gauges on infotainment, black V badges... 

Effectively they were the same as the Challenge is now but without DCC and Kessy standard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

No, in the UK the first available 245s also got other extras including but not limited to... 

Electric Heated Memory Alcantara Seats, Black Pack with black exhaust tips and gloss black Extrem alloys, bigger brakes at the rear (not sure if all 245s get these actually), front parking sensors, performance gauges on infotainment, black V badges... 

Effectively they were the same as the Challenge is now but without DCC and Kessy standard. 

I know I've got one.  Is there anything significant on my car you couldn't spec on the current "base" 245?  

1 hour ago, Wet Kipper said:

I understood that what currently counts as a "normal" vRS, with 245PS is markedly different to the "special" 245s which were around when normal = 230PS

They all have the important stuff to us petrol heads, namely the 242bhp engine, VAQ diff, vented big discs allround and the wider rear track and faster 2.1 turns lock to lock steering which make them unique amongst all Vrs versions so far. Collecting a baby brother 245 (maybe the only person in the UK to own 2 Vrs245's at the same time, always been greedy) on 30/08/19 with just 12 miles on the clock. Fairly basic spec compared to my stage 2 Black Magic 2017 model in Corrida Red hatch with DSG, spare wheel and 19"Extremes because I didn't choose the spec. Will have to get used to folding the mirrors in manually as well as moving the seat without electric assistance.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
WRONG WORD

1 hour ago, Wet Kipper said:

I understood that what currently counts as a "normal" vRS, with 245PS is markedly different to the "special" 245s which were around when normal = 230PS

Where did this come from? 

8 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I know I've got one.  Is there anything significant on my car you couldn't spec on the current "base" 245?  

The seats are the stand out one, I don't think you could even option these on a normal one. Not the full alcantara, stitched logo, heated, memory, 4 way lumbar arrangement. 

The performance screen on the infotainment too, can't even be easily added via VCDS at the moment