I love my new Virtual Cockpit ..

On 5/7/2018 at 12:45, shyVRS245 said:

Audi tech in a Skoda, COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!:o

VW tech in a Skoda...

VW developed this for the Mk7 Golf but Audi wanted to showcase it, being the 'premium' badge in the group.  Apparently VW bosses weren't happy. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, penguin17 said:

VW tech in a Skoda...

VW developed this for the Mk7 Golf but Audi wanted to showcase it, being the 'premium' badge in the group.  Apparently VW bosses weren't happy. 

I think it first appeared in the Audi TT unless someone wants to correct me!:cool:

21 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I think it first appeared in the Audi TT unless someone wants to correct me!:cool:

Yes BUT it was meant to be in the Golf first.  Audi stamped their feet and it was 'showcased' for the TT but the whole tech was apparently developed by VW's R&D team 

In the golf the nav. doesn't make use of the full width of the display as rev. counter and speedo are retained, although at a reduced size. That Octy one looks superb. 

@Trust2k so how did you do it, what are the costs etc ?

You’ve got us all interested in a potential retrofit & you’ve gone quiet.......

Judging from individual retrofit costs i've researched in the last month, total cost would be somewhere around 3000-3500 eur.

The columbus mib 2,5 can be found at prices ranging from 1200eur to 1700eur

The virtual cockpit (which is the same as the one on the karoq) is about 1500 eur.

I've talked to a guy in germany that has them on stock and the problem, up till now it seems, was that the front cover was not available for the octavia.

Seems that trust2k found it :)

Just been on the CZ configurator and this is an approx £400 option on a new Octavia, although as always you may have to take a bunch of other other options to get it.

It also seems to be possible with an Amundsen head unit if the configurator is to be believed.

So retrofit cost to a FL VRS  would "only" be €1800 or about £1600 from the figures above

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, thesteelgrey said:

@shyVRS245 Can you help me out in doing this thing possible on my OCTAVIA VRS 230 MK3 FL ?

Are you talking about improving your economy? Custom re-map will give you more power and torque and therefore unless you drive like a loon all the time, economy should improve. My last tank before London trip was 38.78 litres (8.53 gallons) driven 373 miles at an average of 43.73mpg. I always use 99 octane fuel as well so running costs work out at just over 14 pence per mile. Hope that helps!:biggrin:

• Confused 1