Insurance

I don't have a vrs but this is massively subjective. Many factors are taken into account like age, mileage, previous accidents, NCB, where you live, where you work, where the car is kept overnight, how many other cars you drive............

He list goes on. I'm afraid asking another member what they pay will not give you an accurate guess on what to expect.

• Like 1

As above massively different depending on age, car, mileage, class of coverage, NCB, other drivers, occupation, gender (even though supposedly no more), accidents, convictions, postcode, where you park it etc.

Then you get into the silly stuff, I've seen it where people get higher quotes for using a Hotmail address instead of Gmail etc.

Mine's about £500 though.

Edited by ahenners

It's a subject which has always annoyed me.

One year insurer A is cheaper and insurer B is dearer, then year after year it swaps around.

From what I can understand, insurers like having a spread of customers over the country. When they start getting too many in the one area, their price goes up and when they've not got enough, their price goes down.

However from what I've seen, some insurers don't want you full stop

6 hours ago, tunedude said:

It's a subject which has always annoyed me.

One year insurer A is cheaper and insurer B is dearer, then year after year it swaps around.

From what I can understand, insurers like having a spread of customers over the country. When they start getting too many in the one area, their price goes up and when they've not got enough, their price goes down.

However from what I've seen, some insurers don't want you full stop

Some of the brokers like Chris Knott etc refused quite simply as “we don’t insure L postcodes”

Toxteth riots ended years ago mate and not all of Liverpool is a $ hole  

Im currently paying just over £500 with an accident, so should go sub-450 when that comes off next year. Can’t grumble though, I paid £1600 for my first fully comp 10yrs ago on a 1.4 Ibiza 

20 minutes ago, courty said:

Some of the brokers like Chris Knott etc refused quite simply as “we don’t insure L postcodes”

Im currently paying just over £500 with an accident, so should go sub-450 when that comes off next year. Can’t grumble though, I paid £1600 for my first fully comp 10yrs ago on a 1.4 Ibiza 

Called Chris Knott today , can't insure me as I don't have experience driving 'performance' cars even though I am an advanced driver.:)

Got a a more reasonable quote from direct line at £550. Will keep shopping.

Mine was £560 plus £45 cash back for the vRS which covers 30kpa miles, business use, parked on a street, mods declared (wheels etc), I’m the registrered keeper, but not the legal owner (finance company), 3 years NCB, no points, no accidents for me (23) and my OH (25) which I didn’t think was too shabby.

23 minutes ago, courty said:

Hear hear

I rang directline once (and I say once) and I was made to feel like I lived in a battle zone. 

Everywhere has it's bad areas, not just Liverpool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'm a bit older, never had a claim, less than £200 for me and Mr's G as the only named driver both Fully Comp.  No one else drives it..

Getting older has it's perks...:biggrin:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

Called Chris Knott today , can't insure me as I don't have experience driving 'performance' cars even though I am an advanced driver.:)

How can an Insurance Company say you don't have experience driving a Performance Car. If you have just passed your test will they say " You don't have enough driving experience. "

I tried to Insure MR's G with CK for a 1.2 Fabia MKIII, not interested 

12 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

That's up there in the "most stupid reason" league - how do they expect you to get experience driving performance cars when they won't insure you to drive performance cars?

Plus, the Octavia vRS isn't exactly a long way up in the "performance car" league (no insult intended, but compare performance figures to e.g. Audi RS3) so that makes their comment even more stupid IMHO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

2 hours ago, SWBoy said:

That's up there in the "most stupid reason" league - how do they expect you to get experience driving performance cars when they won't insure you to drive performance cars?

I agree.

I'm going to start a " Most Stupid Reason "  Thread.

Guess who's just gone to the Top Spot...................:thinking:

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I agree.

I'm going to start a " Most Stupid Reason "  Thread.

Guess who's just gone to the Top Spot...................:thinking:

THey said I will need to cough up more this year through one Of the comparison sites then they will do it next year with a 10% discount

I was paying around 260 a year until I made a claim and lost my full no claims. I'm 36 with a 2016 VRS TSI. After my claim my Mrs renewed her insurance and when she declared my claim they wanted an extra £45 for me to remain on the policy. I told her to take me off it and that put it up by £109. It's not meant to make sense this insurance game