Map update

9 hours ago, MartiniB said:

to able guess next filenames for Amundsen i need to know current (better previous too).

when i enter European VIN of Superb with Amundsen Škoda's portal offers 8 EU compilations and none ROW(MRM) as on VW portal

while after enter European VIN of Superb with Columbus there are EU and ROW

Thanks. As I have a Columbus unit, the post does not refer to me then.

On 08/11/2019 at 14:38, MartiniB said:

for

Skoda Columbus (MIB1/MIB2/MIB2GP),
Seat Navi Plus (MIB2),
VW Discover Pro (MIB1/MIB2/MIB2GP),
Audi MMI Navigation Plus (MIB1/MIB2 A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, Q2, Q5, Q7)

new ECE 2020 now also on Škoda's server

ECE 2020 26Gb
Version:    V03.959.806.GF 0184 ECE 2020
 VW portal:   http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P184_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z
Files inside:    2019.10.18
Downloadable:    2019.11.07
Publicized:    2019.--.--
 Škoda portal:   http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P184_EU_2020.zip
Files inside:    2019.11.22 (content equal)
Downloadable:    2019.12.03

Rest of World 2020 23Gb
Version:    V03.959.806.GR 0085 ROW 2020
 VW portal:    #-http#//vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P84_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
Files inside:    2019.08.06
Downloadable:    2019.11.07
 VW portal:   http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P85_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
Replaced:    2019.11.10
 Škoda portal:    - http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P85_MRM_2020.zip

Downloadable:    2019.--.--

Edited by MartiniB
  • Thanks 1

Check the speed of your Wi-fi connection first.

mine connects to my hone Wi-fi but with a weak signal so the speed is pants and I wouldn’t use it for downloading 24gb as it would keep the unit drawing power for an absolute age!

I have been trying to download the update from the Skoda portal but it keeps stopping part way through the download, is this a usual problem? I know the site was unavailable a few days ago. I have a Columbus in a MK3 SEL Executive, do I just download from one of these links instead? Any pointers much appreciated. 

I've had this a couple of times.  Stick with it and it will work eventually. But having lived with the update for a month or so I have to say it was actually a step back for me.  The directions are woolly (hard left is apparently "half left" and the fourth exit on a roundabout has become a u-turn). It's not great update and I would not do it again.

8 hours ago, ChrisRJ said:

stopping part way through the download

try with Total Commander, it has `Resume` option to continue unfinished downloads

or add parameters `-qc` for comand wget on some linux machine

QfAAAgGFyeA-1920.jpg

I have a internet account with a daytime data limit, so need to download overnight, I use Ninja Download Manager (NDM) to allow easy resumption should the download gets interrupted whilst it's unattended.

Tried it at work today and it downloaded in one go, about an hour. We have fairly good broadband. Maybe the home one didn't like the size of the download even though it's Virgin fibre and I plugged straight into the router rather than use the wifi. Am just extracting it to a SD card. Hopefully get the unit updated over the weekend.

42 minutes ago, ope126 said:

As everyone might now be aware, the ŠKODA update portal now has the P85 ROW 2020 maps available; https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

Installed on both my Superb and Passat (pictured)...

20191208_120841.jpg

Yes, I installed on mine from the link provided by @MartiniB. However the code on mine says V03959806GR0085, whereas the code in the image from @ope126 is V03959806FR0085 @MartiniB may be able to explain the difference?

IMG_2827.HEIC

5 hours ago, GWCTas said:

@MartiniB may be able to explain the difference?

can't explain, but have seen different letters also previously

maybe depends on device too

ECE 2017-2018 24Gb
Files inside:    2016.12
Version:    V03.959.800.QQ 0161 ECE 2017
Version:    V03.959.801.JN 0161 ECE 2017
publicized:    2017.06

ECE 2018 24Gb
Files inside:    2017.07
Version:    V03.959.800.QS 0166 ECE 2018
Version:    V03.959.801.JP 0166 ECE 2018
publicized:    2017.11

Right guys my 14 plate was written off now got a 66 plate SE L Executive but no memory card in the slots how do I update can it be done via skoda connect on the screen???or should I speak to the dealer for a genuine card???

6 hours ago, 2BeFrank said:

Just updated my Columbus to ECE2020 using a USB stick

28.1 Gb unzipped and about an hour to upload 

I found the USB stick to be the most reliable way to update. Tried many times with the SD cards but to no avail.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donkey001 said:

Right guys my 14 plate was written off now got a 66 plate SE L Executive but no memory card in the slots how do I update can it be done via skoda connect on the screen???or should I speak to the dealer for a genuine card???

Unless I'm very much mistaken the 2015/2016 SE L Executive came with Columbus as standard so any 32+ GB SD card or USB Memory Stick will work.

Either download the latest version of the maps from the Skoda update portal or use MartiniB's links posted throughout this thread.

Only the Amundsen requires a dedicated map SD Card as, unlike the Columbus, it has no internal storage (SSD) for the maps.

As to how... when you've downloaded and extracted the archive copy the metainfo2.txt and two Mib folders to your SD Card or memory stick, plug it into your car. It may already detect a "software update" but if it doesn't then choose system update in Menu - Settings (cog wheel icon) .

Edited by BillyJim
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GWCTas said:

I found the USB stick to be the most reliable way to update. Tried many times with the SD cards but to no avail.

Me too

I used a 500GB hard drive......!

• Thanks 1