What have you done to your Superb III today?

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

My alloys could do with a clean but the thought of standing in the drive in the rain is putting me off. At least the beading on the bonnet looks nice.

To be honest I have been thinking about cleaning it for a month .... Committing to cleaning takes a lot of .... Thought ... And planning... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_H said:

To be honest I have been thinking about cleaning it for a month .... Committing to cleaning takes a lot of .... Thought ... And planning... 

If this helps the weather looks fine next Monday for car cleaning if that's enough time to organize the bucket, sponge, microfibre and shampoo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

If this helps the weather looks fine next Monday for car cleaning if that's enough time to organize the bucket, sponge, microfibre and shampoo.

Going to dealers to fix DSG switch fault on Monday... They will clean ! 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Going to dealers to fix DSG switch fault on Monday... They will clean ! 😆

Car also sanitized........not sure about the owner though.........perhaps you can sit in there while they spray it.

• Like 1

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Car also sanitized........not sure about the owner though.........perhaps you can sit in there while they spray it.

naw I’m clean... Mrs Sanitizes me every time I walk through the front door ☹️

• Like 1

Nice cleaning job ! 👍

Interesting solution this "multimac 3 seater" product. I didn't k now such a thing exist. Is this approved all over the world (e.g. TÜV certified)?

However, awfully expensive.

I have currently in my Estate version 3 Recaro baby seats on the back seats: 1 Young sport model + 2 Milano ones. Costed me around 600 € (compared to ~1300£ for the Multimac 😮). 

• Like 1

Took my Superb to Mansory gave them a wad of cash and told them to paint it a different colour, make it lower, wider and louder. Oh and while it was there they dropped in a 3.5 litre V6 twin turbo turned up the boost and now it’s got 710bhp (720PS). Pretty happy 😃 with the result and there are only 6 like it in the World.

8A7E754E-D983-4C7F-9FBB-16F6DA92D10F.jpeg

18 hours ago, Q102 said:

more pictures as promised @Colin170CR no issues with electric boot opening or closing

2020-07-03 13_49_49-Window.jpg

2020-07-03 13_50_16-Window.jpg

2020-07-03 13_50_36-Window.jpg

Looks to be a decent fit. 

I'm going to give my stainless version a second chance. Spent the day yesterday removing all the original double sided adhesive tape which was stuck well to the protector - but not to the bumper. Smoothed the edges & polished the stainless in readiness to apply some new 3m tape & re-fit today. Also need to ensure that the bumper is free from any polish to get best adhesion which was the problem last time.🤞

16 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Also need to ensure that the bumper is free from any polish to get best adhesion which was the problem last time.🤞

Try some IPA (or nail varnish remover) to remove any trace of oils and polish on both surfaces before using the tape.

9 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Nice cleaning job ! 👍

Interesting solution this "multimac 3 seater" product. I didn't k now such a thing exist. Is this approved all over the world (e.g. TÜV certified)?

However, awfully expensive.

I have currently in my Estate version 3 Recaro baby seats on the back seats: 1 Young sport model + 2 Milano ones. Costed me around 600 € (compared to ~1300£ for the Multimac 😮). 

They are expensive but they also hold their value for resale (worth checking ebay if you're interested). Yes there are some seats that can fit 3 across, but there's always a sacrifice in terms of space - these are super comfy for the kids, and the baby seat doesn't get in the way of the other seats. Also these go all the way through to 12 years old, so will never need to buy another child seat again. On top of that, they have a standard seat belt buckle installed (tucked away under the seat), and for short journeys, it's fine for adults to sit on the seat using the standard seat belt. The crash testing on these is also pretty remarkable. They are approved everywhere in Europe, but not in the US or Australia due to different regs (the EU regs are stricter, but different). They are also a really great small family company, so I'm very happy to support them despite the high cost (but I'd argue that if you add up all the money you'd spend on car seats for 3 kids through to age 12, this does represent good value). I also like that it blends in really well with the car - looks much tidier than 3 individual car seats. 

@plantpowered Thanks for the feedback and sharing your own experience.

The thing is... That I didn’t even know this kind of kid seats exists. If I did, I would probably had seriously considered this option. Currently I only have one year left, before I can resale one of the 3 Recaro Baby seats, since the older will be soon able to seat in regular car seat. Thus... too late.

Additionally, I don’t know what about UK, but in France, I guess people would definitely be skeptical, since no one know about this type of this 3 seater... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Try some IPA (or nail varnish remover) to remove any trace of oils and polish on both surfaces before using the tape.

I thought I had some meths but no luck.  White spirit will probably leave an oily residue so I'm reluctant to use that as a cleaning agent on the paint & I don't have any panel wipe either. The wife might have some nail polish remover but will this be safe on the bumper paintwork? Might have to try a bit on a small test patch first.

Pic below is of the underside of the SS protector all taped up ready to go having first removed all the old tape with white spirit & washed many times times with washing up liquid to remove any residue. Originally it only had two strips of tape on it so I think I may have over done it a bit. I'll dry fit & see how it goes. However, I have a feeling & might have to reshape the back edge (nearest front of bench) as it does not fit the bumper profile particularly well. The grinder might well be in use tomorrow so I'll put my GCSE in metalwork to the test! 

1258395742_IMG_03811.thumb.JPG.27989a0033044d9d5a89b9def673ae52.JPG

Actually got to drive it :biggrin:.  Client meetings, c70 mile round trips.

I have to say I'm really impressed by how the car has handled lockdown. Driven on average 12 miles a week for 3 months, yet no flat battery (KESSY door opening stopped working a couple of times but there was never a hint that it wouldn't start). No error messages, no problems. 56mpg average on what may well still have been winter diesel. Filled it for the first time since early March earlier today. 

COVID (and the resultant lack of mileage) means I will be keeping the Superb at least another year. I'm delighted at the prospect 👍.

• Like 1

Finally cleaned the Superb's and wife's Karoq alloys in the sunshine this morning then celebrated with a pint of Guinness down the local pub in the afternoon during a 6.3 mile walk (11,000 paces according to my phone). Now watching the football on the BBC.

On 04/07/2020 at 09:21, Gizmo said:

I used Autoglymm tar remover liquid, didn't fall off or cause the bumper to melt on my old car

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing the new steering wheel. I know it’s more of a vanity item, since there was nothing wrong with the old one, but the Sportline steering wheel does feel quite a bit nicer to me.

All in all, a surprisingly easy swap, especially with the maintenance manual ready for consultation.

F30CEB08-19C3-4369-9836-97CEBC1FBD0A.jpeg

Edited by kriva
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, kriva said:

Finally got around to installing the new steering wheel. I know it’s more of a vanity item, since there was nothing wrong with the old one, but the Sportline steering wheel does feel quite a bit nicer to me.

All in all, a surprisingly easy swap, especially with the maintenance manual ready for consultation.

Looks lovely - do you mind me asking where you sourced it from and the cost? My L&K has a round steering wheels - I'd like to change for the Sportsline with the paddles. 

FG

55 minutes ago, freeglide said:

Looks lovely - do you mind me asking where you sourced it from and the cost? My L&K has a round steering wheels - I'd like to change for the Sportsline with the paddles. 

FG

+1

I'm also keen on changing mine to the Sportline flat bottom steering wheel too.

Did u use the existing airbag @kriva?

3 minutes ago, JR RS said:

+1

I'm also keen on changing mine to the Sportline flat bottom steering wheel too.

Did u use the existing airbag @kriva?

JR RS How much have you spent on upgrades so far? :)

I ordered it from maxidily.cz

While their website didn’t offer shipping to my location (Belgium), a quick back and forth email exchange AMS everything was settled.

Great customer experience.

The part number of the steering wheel I installed is this: 3V0419091AFBGW

• Thanks 3