What have you done to your Superb III today?

1 hour ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Finished tidying up my subwoofer install!

Theres a thread over in the audio section if anyone is interested....

51E5EF59-0DF1-420A-A84E-883D9C25FF66.jpeg

I know the boot is massive but that takes up a lot of space. 

1 hour ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

Interesting, how'd you do it? Wouldn't this be something that would get done during a service?

Also curious as to what improvements or changes there are.

And i don't know exactly what changes were done by VAG because i don't have TPI or change LOG, but as per my opinion ACC now more comfortable, and hardly VAG waste time and resources just to make new SW without reasons, so i prefere updated it.

48 minutes ago, Redboy said:

I know the boot is massive but that takes up a lot of space. 

You really think? I had the same one in my last superb and almost never ran out of boot space.

when I first got this one and did the weekly food shop without the sub there was so much room it was ridiculous :D

On 15/10/2020 at 19:42, Chet said:

Try this

There isn't much to see. I was going to stick up a seperate thread but was too lazy 🤣

I did some more looking at this today. When you select a colour on the screen the MIB sends a CAN message to the BCM with 6 bytes, 3 of them are the Red, Green and Blue values. My hope was I could just send packets with my own RGB values and have the lighting set to any colour but it seems that the BCM will only change to a colour that is already programmed, either standard or added by vcds/obdeleven. It doesn't make much sense to me that you'd send the values if you're not using them so that's a bit disappointing. 

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

No 2.0TDi 150PS 360NM seems to be good so far with 1,002 mile range. Fitted boot rubber mat, rubber rear carpet protector and rear tablet holder today.

3DEBF952-10E7-4E0B-9005-C8E374E26CD6.jpeg

350D633D-E511-4258-AD91-380A0D59D7CA.jpeg

So is this a replacement for the 363 Sportline?

Just now, Colin170CR said:

So is this a replacement for the 363 Sportline?

Correct Colin. Thinking about working part time in 5 years so started saving to have enough to live off working 120 hours per month (no more nights) instead of my current 60 hours per week which I've been doing for 29 years already.:thumbup:

39 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Correct Colin. Thinking about working part time in 5 years so started saving to have enough to live off working 120 hours per month (no more nights) instead of my current 60 hours per week which I've been doing for 29 years already.:thumbup:

363 to 150bhp  will take a bit of getting used to. That said the extra economy helps.

Did you trade the 363 fo9r the new one or sell it privately?

Just now, Colin170CR said:

363 to 150bhp  will take a bit of getting used to. That said the extra economy helps.

Did you trade the 363 fo9r the new one or sell it privately?

Traded in to the local Skoda dealer in Leicester with full disclosure of the modifications plus the printout from the mapper if any issues arise (I doubt it). Yeah when I push the throttle I have to keep checking I haven't left the electronic parking brake on by mistake LOL. One thing that annoys me is that the gearbox will change down from 7th at 60mph (1,300rpm) when going uphill but will stay in 7th on the flat or going downhill but that may be corrected with a stage 1 map in the spring filling in the small window in the torque curve or I may have to drive it faster to stay in 7th. The petrol 363PS car would easily go uphill in 7th at just 1,200rpm or 39mph due to having 514nm at 2,800rpm. Ironic that my petrol car was torquier than this diesel but a map would lift it from say 246lb/ft to around 315lb/ft so watch this space next year to see how I proceed.

14 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Traded in to the local Skoda dealer in Leicester with full disclosure of the modifications plus the printout from the mapper if any issues arise (I doubt it). Yeah when I push the throttle I have to keep checking I haven't left the electronic parking brake on by mistake LOL. One thing that annoys me is that the gearbox will change down from 7th at 60mph (1,300rpm) when going uphill but will stay in 7th on the flat or going downhill but that may be corrected with a stage 1 map in the spring filling in the small window in the torque curve or I may have to drive it faster to stay in 7th. The petrol 363PS car would easily go uphill in 7th at just 1,200rpm or 39mph due to having 514nm at 2,800rpm. Ironic that my petrol car was torquier than this diesel but a map would lift it from say 246lb/ft to around 315lb/ft so watch this space next year to see how I proceed.

Years ago I had a re-mapped 1.9TDi Audi A6 the torque on which was insane. I can't remember what it produced but enough to easily spin the front wheels in the dry & take out the std manual clutch after only 15k miles. My current Superb will probably be my last car but I have been looking at possibly changing my wife's car (Fiat 500) for an EV of a similar size. It seems Skoda have stopped selling the Citygo IV & they have no plans for any other small EV cars or an EV version of the Fabia which would probably have been the  size we would have gone for. That new Enyaq model is far too big & far too expensive which means I will have to look elsewhere. Currently I'm looking at Pug e-208 or possibly an e-2008. Another possibility is that if the wife packs in working in the new year we might look at selling both current cars & dropping down to a single EV car in which case that Enyaq or something similar could be an option. At least that would give decent performance & cost a whole lot less to run than our current two cars.  No decisions until the new year as the wife is still undecided about retiring. Decisions decisions!!

On 12/10/2020 at 10:58, Martin201 said:

I managed to slip out for a couple of minutes and did this! 
The 4X4 to me means Off-road which isn’t what I got the 280 for.

E0C1BEA6-8709-4D07-86E1-0CCF71DCBF3D.jpeg

6EA937F2-6100-4D50-A569-822A17A5E26F.jpeg

Hi Martin,

Did you replace the whole selector, or just the inlay?

Where did you get it?

1 minute ago, Colin170CR said:

Years ago I had a re-mapped 1.9TDi Audi A6 the torque on which was insane. I can't remember what it produced but enough to easily spin the front wheels in the dry & take out the std manual clutch after only 15k miles. My current Superb will probably be my last car but I have been looking at possibly changing my wife's car (Fiat 500) for an EV of a similar size. It seems Skoda have stopped selling the Citygo IV & they have no plans for any other small EV cars or an EV version of the Fabia which would probably have been the  size we would have gone for. That new Enyaq model is far too big & far too expensive which means I will have to look elsewhere. Currently I'm looking at Pug e-208 or possibly an e-2008. Another possibility is that if the wife packs in working in the new year we might look at selling both current cars & dropping down to a single EV car in which case that Enyaq or something similar could be an option. At least that would give decent performance & cost a whole lot less to run than our current two cars.  No decisions until the new year as the wife is still undecided about retiring. Decisions decisions!!

Agree the Peugeot 208 e is the only EV that I would buy at the moment for the commute having seen various video's and if we both retired then the Enyaq would be ideal. We need to get back on topic so set up my Canton in the SEL last night and it was awesome to turn up the volume tonight and appreciate the 12 speakers and 610W output. Just perfect for music lovers on a budget. Missed it when I sold my 2016 Superb SE.:)

59 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

It’s hard to beat a big chunk of lazy low down torque. My last diesel had just under 400bhp and 1017Nm of torque. 

44 minutes ago, Shugmo said:

Did you replace the whole selector, or just the inlay?

Where did you get it?

Hi Shugmo

Its an original part 5E0 713 146 D

I bought it with some other parts from skoda-parts.com for around €18 with €8 delivery.

It’s only a two minute job, put the lever in drive for more space pull the lock button back and with a thin piece of plastic/ screwdriver inserted in the front flick it out (the go round into the back seats and retrieve it :-) ) 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

OK a HPV then. Heavy Passenger Vehicle. 1000nm, I bet it nearly ripped the rollers off when tested.

It was tested on a heavy duty 4wd RR. The boys mainly only use it for checking and setting up big Jap builds. 1000bhp Supra’s and really heavily modified Evo’s etc. 

Bought and installed an ambient lighting pack from Amazon, too cheap to resist!  

Took about an hour to install, used the rear power outlet as it is out of sight for the driver. 4 strips, under back seats and in front footwells, all the cables are hidden. Loads of colours plus a music mode.  Can be controlled via app or controller.

I know this is borderline tacky, but thought I'd try it out for the laugh. Will see if I can live with it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QBMRQST/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C-EJFbP3JNDHB

Edited by Steviedakota

1 hour ago, Steviedakota said:

Bought and installed an ambient lighting pack from Amazon, too cheap to resist!  

Took about an hour to install, used the rear power outlet as it is out of sight for the driver. 4 strips, under back seats and in front footwells, all the cables are hidden. Loads of colours plus a music mode.  Can be controlled via app or controller.

I know this is borderline tacky, but thought I'd try it out for the laugh. Will see if I can live with it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QBMRQST/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C-EJFbP3JNDHB

It's a nice change from the white; a nice option to have. Do you have kids? I bet they'd love the colour change too!

Picked up the Sportline after the four-year service and MOT. Face masks on the train ride to Croydon. Mask on to enter dealership. Log in with the NHS Covid app. Hand sanitiser at entrance. Follow the one-way system. Stand spaced out while we all wonder how long this is gonna take... Hand sanitiser at exit. Find car washed and hoovered. Nice.

Sat in the car and thought I was going through the bottom! Mechanic must have been a very large man and did not reset the seat. Press button 1 to restore equilibrium. Must check tyre pressures tomorrow am – seems like he must have added a couple pounds of pressure all around. Car feels great.

Not too bad, really. MOT passed. £39. (Since the last MOT, I put a whopping 1,913 miles on the car.) Major service = £329. Oil, air & pollen filters, spark plugs. Original battery tested: voltage measured, 12.24 V, 250 A (DIN); rated temperature, 360 A (DIN), 20°C (but I don't know what all that means). Don't know how long this battery will last, but car sits idle for a week, then fires up first crank after four years...

So, all set for another year.

• Like 4