What have you done to your Superb III today?

On 21/04/2024 at 22:08, Colin170CR said:

TBH I've not used the ventilated seats in her car so I can't say. I'm driving it on Tues so I'll do a test.

Well I tried to listen to the ventilated seat noise level in the Kona but TBH I couldn't hear them over the background hubbub coming from the 3 other passengers en-route to our monthly breakfast meet up. Failed test.

On the plus side, the remote control of the heated seats via my wife's phone App worked well though. All 4 seats & steering wheel nice & toasty when we got into the Kona on what was a chilly day. 

As I said earlier I don't use the heated seats in my Superb & it doesn't have a heated steering wheel either. Just not something I've ever bothered with. My wife on the other hand uses the passenger heated seat in the Superb all the time. 

I had a few hundred km on the road today and I used the time to play with the ventilated seats ... you really have to be paying lots of attention to hear them ... in any case a great addition.

I remember as a teenager toying with the idea using a PC fan installed somewhere and put it in my dad's 405 🤪

Then I read in a magazine Saab put them in the 9000 (I think it was) and I thought they stole my idea 😝

• Like 2

Another MOT pass today but only after a fail! Supposedly one of the LED brake lights wasn't working. Mechanic asked which one and of course they were working fine! Seems it was a one man MOT and he was using the mirrors to look for reflections, in bright sunlight!!

Timing belt and water pump changed, rear discs and pads changed, whatever service it was due done.

I'll adopt the required position when the bill arrives!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

Another MOT pass today but only after a fail! Supposedly one of the LED brake lights wasn't working. Mechanic asked which one and of course they were working fine! Seems it was a one man MOT and he was using the mirrors to look for reflections, in bright sunlight!!

Timing belt and water pump changed, rear discs and pads changed, whatever service it was due done.

I'll adopt the required position when the bill arrives!

From experience of a water pump + rear discs & pads + a service you will be royally 🔨  

32 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

From experience of a water pump + rear discs & pads + a service you will be royally 🔨  

🙉

🎶 LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, leolito said:

Finally I've fitted the mud flaps! No pics yet, will do.

Did you take the wheels off or leave them on? 

I did mine with the wheels on & used a 90 degree screw driver attachment. A very handy tool.

Milwaukee 4932471274 SHOCKWAVE Right Angle Attachment x11 Pcs

• Like 1

Ah! I was going to refer to the 'mudflaps guide' topic, not to cross-thread (still tiptoeing my way around here), but since you asked here, here it goes ...

rears: my socket wrench would be 'tight' against the 19s, so I lifted the car lightly to gain space. No need to remove the wheels. No surprises here, except a lot of dirt ... I suspect removal of the wheel arch liner will be in the list of things before next winter ....

front: here it was a bit more tricky, the space was really limited but I was determined NOT to remove the wheels (I was also tight on time), so again combination of lifting and full lock on one side and another, plus the use of a right-angle (which took me like 20min to find I had not used it in ages) for the cordless was sufficient, especially using some acrobatics over the wheel 🤪

note: press well the flap against the bodywork to make it flush as much as it can, is not really really a perfect precise fit.

note2: I decided against a 7mm as indicated in the instructions, used a 6mm instead and 'played' a bit on the edges. This made the plastic stud harder to enter, but less prone to eventually fall loose. They are one-time use in any case.

All in all, I am pretty satisfied, it was a fairly simple job and hope they do their work 🙂

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 20:34, leolito said:

All in all, I am pretty satisfied, it was a fairly simple job and hope they do their work 🙂

Actually, they do.

Especially the rear ones. They significantly reduce dirt projection on the bottom of the rear bumper, which has a long overhang.

• Like 2

Have to agree with @Bap33 had mudflaps fitted recently and cant believe how clean the car keeps even through all this wet weather. Will definitely always fit mudflaps in future

Another vote for mudflaps - really useful in keep most of the crap off the sides of the car.

I initially had AliExpress mudflaps, however I replaced them as they were much smaller than the Skoda original mudflaps, which I have on now.

PXL_20240228_015435897.thumb.jpg.c2e4f9dc11af9bbb439b5e49c11cd90e.jpg

IMHO all vehicles should come with front and rear mudguards as standard to reduce spray from tyres in bad weather, regardless of whether they keep the car cleaner or not.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, petrolcan said:

You realise the issue now is that the dog hair has nothing to stick to and it'll end up in the cabin!

haha, yes, especially as he has a fan in the boot just for him too (still wish more cars had rear A/C vents for dogs etc) with the odd flying hairs they're a lot easier to pick up.  With the old knackered boot liner where it didnt really cover the carpet bits properly the hairs really stuck on because he rubbed into as well, boo

10 hours ago, numskull said:

That liner is a-ma-zing! Link please.👍🏻

Hey up, it's this one https://www.premierproductsltd.co.uk/product/skoda-superb-estate-2015-2019-fully-tailored-boot-liner

It took around 3 weeks as they make them, if you have an estate without variable boot like mine, don't velcro the bottom bit where the bottom of the back seats folder, you'll have no problems then after tucking bits in, makes it nice and tight.  I also used some good double sided velcro on other bits on the back seats as I felt like it needed them.

Everywhere else is fine with the standard velcro thats stiched there.

One side of the velcro is like sticky tape, which goes onto the carpet, the other bits are sewn into the fabric.  You can then remove the whole bootliner for cleaning if you want keeping the velcro attached to the car.

If you get it and run into any issues let me know and i'll be able to guide you, if you can't work it out like I did. Had to get the misses involved and makes sense now :D

options I used was 1 piece quilted, 40/60 split, bumper flap extension and anti slip on the base

Edited by Danoid

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it won’t fit our 280, as they only fit hatchbacks with two open side pockets; the sub is in the left one with a door and the right pocket also has a door. ☹️

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, numskull said:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it won’t fit our 280, as they only fit hatchbacks with two open side pockets; the sub is in the left one with a door and the right pocket also has a door. ☹️

eh ? Those pics show the quilted liner in an estate with doors over the side pockets

EDIT:

Oh I get you , doh

You have a hatch with 2 side pockets.

May be worth contacting thenm anyways as they do make them to order and they do say "If your model does not appear please contact us as we still may be able to help".

EDIT EDIT:

poop, they also do say

Please note: This boot liner will only fit if you have pockets on both sides of the boot.

😞 😞

I need morning caffeine!!

Edited by Winston_Woof

Today  I had a quick trip in which ~200km were with a bothersome drizzle and I really can say the mudflaps were a worthy addition, even actually I was having the rear wiper which goes once every tot seconds to kind 'scrape' so dry it was the rear window.

A difference with my earlier trip without them ... good, one more thing done! 😊

• Like 1

After 3 years of ownership - this weekend coming will be the first fully loaded holiday. 
5 adults and a boot full of luggage driving down to Isle of Wight for the weekend.

Should be a fun trip!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

After 3 years of ownership - this weekend coming will be the first fully loaded holiday. 
5 adults and a boot full of luggage driving down to Isle of Wight for the weekend.

Should be a fun trip!

Ah, So the game of Tetris begins. 🤔

I have fond memories of packing my car up for 2 week camping trips to France (including tents, tables etc). Just when you think you've shoehorned everything in & onto the roof, my wife produces two more bags of something that need to go in. :sadsmile: I found clothes in bin liners were much easier to squash into a roof box than suitcases.

• Haha 1

🤪😝

Well, having space is always better than not to have it!

Mine game of tetris is always made even more challenging by the fact the usual "bigger size" suitcase is the last my beloved wife has ready, which means I am circling around the house and car with a half-organized luggage space, as I want to start the load by the larger issue. Thus the added factor 'time' versus the already known 'space', as by the time the (last) suitcase is ready, the family women are ready in like milliseconds and then waiting for me to load up quickly .... 😬

Luckily, we got better with the years so we do not press each other and it works much more smoothly ....

My full loaded holiday came one day the car arrived - and it was superb, as expected. If you have it, the vario floor is very useful.

Enjoy the trip!!

• Like 1