Sportline suspension upgrade

What’s people thoughts on makes of replacement springs for a sportline estate, H+R, eibach etc, I realise the lowering figures these companies are stating are for standard Superb, so I know it’s possibly only going to lower a sportline by approx 15mm, if anyone has any photos of there sportline on lowering springs I would appreciate a photo or two. thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Sportline any lower than the standard Superb and by how much? 

I understand the lowering comes from the "Sport chassis" which is firmer and/or lower springs?

There was also a mention elsewhere that standard Sportline has the Sportchassis which sits 5mm lower (compared to standard Superb I assume) but that the DCC Sportline does not have the Sport Chassis. Is it true? Because in my order sheet it mentions Sporrtchassis as standard equipment on the Sportline. Does the DCC delete the Sportchassis?

31 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Is the Sportline any lower than the standard Superb and by how much? 

I understand the lowering comes from the "Sport chassis" which is firmer and/or lower springs?

There was also a mention elsewhere that standard Sportline has the Sportchassis which sits 5mm lower (compared to standard Superb I assume) but that the DCC Sportline does not have the Sport Chassis. Is it true? Because in my order sheet it mentions Sporrtchassis as standard equipment on the Sportline. Does the DCC delete the Sportchassis?

Hi!

According to the Swedish price list, the sport chassis on the SportLine is 15mm lower than the standard car. According to the same document, the DCC suspension is 10mm lower than standard. I would assume the DCC overrides the sports suspension, but I’m certainly not certain. 

F32C06DA-4A7B-4594-BD89-6C37698D5907.png

Edited by Malakim
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Malakim said:

Hi!

According to the Swedish price list, the sport suspension on the SportLine is 15mm lower than the standard car. According to the same document, the DCC suspension is 10mm lower than standard. I would assume the DCC overrides the sports suspension, but I’m not certain... 

Thanks for this, it actually makes sense. I originally interpreted that comment from @ewlmr as: "Sportline standard" has 5mm lower springs (I thought compared to standard Superb) while DCC is not. But he was comparing Sportline standard vs Sportline DCC obviously and they are both already 10mm lower than standard Superb it seems, with Sportline standard moving down another 5mm to15mm in total, clear.

Maybe this 10mm is ok to not bother with slight lowering, let's see how I like its height and handling once it arrives... Otherwise something mild like Eibach -15mm would be just fine, nothing too silly.

Yeah - Thats right. If it helps I found these number (on here i think) when I was looking into it:

-

Normal ride height: 149 mm (+/-20 mm)
DCC ride height: 139 mm (+/-20 mm)
Sport suspension ride height: 134 mm (+/-20 mm)

-

Might be worth reading this thread if you haven't already:

Not sure if he means his car is 30mm lower than a std superb or 30mm lower than the stock DCC ie. 40mm lower total...

In the Australian market (MY18 Superb for reference), the suspension is as follows;

Running Clearance (mm) 148 (standard suspension) / 133 (sports suspension)

Sports Suspension is standard on 206TSI 4x4 (Sportline adds Adaptive Chassis Control (optional on 206TSI with Tech Pack))

Standard Suspension for the 162TSI and 140TDI (unless optioned with the Image Pack - which adds Sports Suspension)

All the above info direct from a sales brochure...

No comment on Adaptive Chassis Control being any lower...

25 minutes ago, ope126 said:

In the Australian market (MY18 Superb for reference), the suspension is as follows;

Running Clearance (mm) 148 (standard suspension) / 133 (sports suspension)

Sports Suspension is standard on 206TSI 4x4 (Sportline adds Adaptive Chassis Control (optional on 206TSI with Tech Pack))

Standard Suspension for the 162TSI and 140TDI (unless optioned with the Image Pack - which adds Sports Suspension)

All the above info direct from a sales brochure...

No comment on Adaptive Chassis Control being any lower...

The Tech Pack adds DCC, which drops it to 139mm.

The Tech pack includes the Image Pack minus the Sports Suspension.

based on my research thus far, these are part numbers i've found for H&R and Eibach Springs.

Couple of key notes when looking for springs:-

- 3v3 = Hatch/Lim/Sedan/Saloon

- 3v5 = Estate/Wagon

H & R for Skoda Superb Saloon/Lim/Sedan 2.0 TSI (3V type), 162 kW / 220 hp
SKU 28784-1, to 980 kg FA load
SKU 28784-2, from 981 kg VA-load without 2.0l TDI
SKU 28784-3, only 2.0l TDI
Lowering front / rear: 30 / 30 mm from standard height

Eibach ProKit (35 / 30mm from standard height)
E10-85-041-04-22 (1070kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi
E10-85-042-01-22 (985kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.4 TSi
E10-85-042-02-22 (1100kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-85-042-03-22 (1180kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi

E10-79-012-01-22 (985kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 1.4TSi
E10-79-012-02-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi
E10-79-012-03-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-79-012-04-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi

happy for others to add part numbers to the list :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

based on my research thus far, these are part numbers i've found for H&R and Eibach Springs.

Couple of key notes when looking for springs:-

- 3v3 = Hatch/Lim/Sedan/Saloon

- 3v5 = Estate/Wagon

H & R for Skoda Superb Saloon/Lim/Sedan 2.0 TSI (3V type), 162 kW / 220 hp
SKU 28784-1, to 980 kg FA load
SKU 28784-2, from 981 kg VA-load without 2.0l TDI
SKU 28784-3, only 2.0l TDI
Lowering front / rear: 30 / 30 mm from standard height

Eibach ProKit (35 / 30mm from standard height)
E10-85-041-04-22 (1070kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi
E10-85-042-01-22 (985kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 1.4 TSi
E10-85-042-02-22 (1100kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-85-042-03-22 (1180kg / 1220kg) - Superb 3V3 Hatchback AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi

E10-79-012-01-22 (985kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 1.4TSi
E10-79-012-02-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 1.6 TDi 2.0 TDi 1.8 TSi 2.0 TSi
E10-79-012-03-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi
E10-79-012-04-22 (????kg / 1250kg) - Superb 3V5 Kombi AWD 2.0 TSi 2.0 TDi

happy for others to add part numbers to the list :)

Great info there JR.  Given how I like to be technical about such stuff do we by any chance know spring rates? Of-course those would make sense only if they were to be compared with the stock rates.

Second question, are those items quoted above DCC compatible?

DCC is shock related, hence changing the springs only will not affect any electronics or sensors.

If u however want to change the shocks, and u have DCC - then the replacement/aftermarket shocks MUST b DCC compatible, otherwise u will get a myriad of errors from all the different sensors n controllers.

You can never code out the errors if the shocks r not DCC compatible.

As far as I know, there is only one aftermarket brand (I think is k&w) that sells coilover shocks that will work, and crazy expensive!!

So in summary (assuming u have DCC).......

Changing springs only (lowering by 30mm or less) is all good.  Just need to realign the headlight throw.

Changing springs and shocks is more difficult/problematic.  Unless u get the right shocks, u'll permanently have errors, and who knows Wat consequences down the track.

If ur car does not have DCC, then as per usual, u can change shocks to aftermarket or coil overs with no issues.

Edited by JR RS

• 1 year later...

Just picking up on this. I’m in the process of doing some subtle mods to my Sportline 272 4x4. I bought it as an ex-dem car, so couldn’t spec DCC.

Anyone changed all or parts of their suspension on a non-DCC Sportline? I’d like to reduce rolling a bit. Grip is phenomenal - but corners can feel a bit disconcertingly floaty sometimes.

It would be nice to achieve something slightly more sporty, while not chucking all of the comfort away... 😁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bejam said:

Just picking up on this. I’m in the process of doing some subtle mods to my Sportline 272 4x4. I bought it as an ex-dem car, so couldn’t spec DCC.

Anyone changed all or parts of their suspension on a non-DCC Sportline? I’d like to reduce rolling a bit. Grip is phenomenal - but corners can feel a bit disconcertingly floaty sometimes.

It would be nice to achieve something slightly more sporty, while not chucking all of the comfort away... 😁

This is something I want to do after lockdown is lifted but don't want to be the Guinea Pig and end up ruining the plush ride of my 272 just want less float on initial turn in. Unfortunately most who have done lowering/stiffer springs appear to be 280 owners and not sure if there are any differences between the early and later cars.:blink:

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word

7 hours ago, Bejam said:

Eibach pro kit and sway bars perhaps?? 

Tyre choice may help too. Something grippy with stiffer sidewalls. 

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Has it reduced the floatiness on turn-in? And is the ride still good or is it notably stiffer. Not sure whether the softness in the standard Sportline comes from soft dampers or soft springs (hopefully not both).

Yea no floatiness now and it’s a bit stiffer but not to noticeable tbh. Even loaded with snowboard and camping kit with the wife and kids it’s stil pretty good. The H&R are properly progressive 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. So just 4 springs, and leave the OE dampers in, right?

DIY or did you get some help to fit?

And the spacers - are they for cosmetics or does widening things improve handling? Numpty question, I expect - just that I’ve only ever seen spacer rings added to boy racer got hatches! 😁

This Skoda is bringing out my petrol head boy racer tendencies that have been dormant for 20 years!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bejam said:

Thanks for the info. So just 4 springs, and leave the OE dampers in, right?

DIY or did you get some help to fit?

And the spacers - are they for cosmetics or does widening things improve handling? Numpty question, I expect - just that I’ve only ever seen spacer rings added to boy racer got hatches! 😁

This Skoda is bringing out my petrol head boy racer tendencies that have been dormant for 20 years!

Haha I’m certainly not a boy racer anymore lol. Gone are the 205gti and vx220 days. However. I spend A LOT of time in the car so it needs to feel right. It’s mapped as well lol. 
spacers for me are a cosmetic thing really and the handling differences are negligible tbh. However i think if you draw it out on paper it could make the spring a little more forgiving because there a slightly more leverage to push the spring down maaaaybe lol. 
I did it diy because I’ve always done techy stuff but the fronts are a bit tricky. Rears are easy tbh. I’ve got the whole job down to about 3hrs now on the drive without a ramp.

yes leave the original shocks in. I will upgrade shocks at some point to koni fsd/specials. 

For another opinion ask @Markbro has done springs but his was done on a non sportline so maybe worth asking him too. I do know it made a huge difference for him  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

Haha I’m certainly not a boy racer anymore lol. Gone are the 205gti and vx220 days. However. I spend A LOT of time in the car so it needs to feel right. It’s mapped as well lol. 
spacers for me are a cosmetic thing really and the handling differences are negligible tbh. However i think if you draw it out on paper it could make the spring a little more forgiving because there a slightly more leverage to push the spring down maaaaybe lol. 
I did it diy because I’ve always done techy stuff but the fronts are a bit tricky. Rears are easy tbh. I’ve got the whole job down to about 3hrs now on the drive without a ramp.

yes leave the original shocks in. I will upgrade shocks at some point to koni fsd/specials. 

For another opinion ask @Markbro has done springs but his was done on a non sportline so maybe worth asking him too. I do know it made a huge difference for him  

Guess your H & R are 40mm lower than standard Superb but as the Sportline is already 15mm lower than standard the overall drop is 25mm.