Reversing Camera Retrofit

Finally managed to fit it. 

Works great. Although a higher res screen would make it really shine. B)

In the process I managed to dislodge the trim behind the rear door. 

Any idea how to put it back in place. The clips that holds it really look that the trim need to be fully removed before it can be reused again.  

RVC FItted.jpg

RVC FItted2.jpg

20 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes it will, but the handle is too big so you will have to cut the boot lid.

@SashaGrace Please can you recommend a camera that will fit the smaller boot lid hole (I've got a MIB1 Amundsen in an early 2015 Elegance estate)?

Edited by PetrolDave

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes it will, but the handle is too big so you will have to cut the boot lid.

Thanks! Funny enough, by measurements I'm pretty sure it will fit.

I ordered a GreenYI camera, which had the right measurements but it had two screw type fittings, not clips, which my previous button has.

5 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

@SashaGrace Please can you recommend a camera that will fit the smaller boot lid hole (I've got a MIB1 Amundsen in an early 2015 Elegance estate)?

One like this will do it, £15.36  16% Off | Auto Trunk Handle Car Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Camera For Skoda Octavia Fabia Superb Rapid Spaceback/Audi A1 A4L A6L Q3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BS9P3P any handle that’s 92x35 and NTSC will do it :) These handles have threads but there are two clips, think I got one with clips when I did my car. You can make a bracket though. Tbh since upgrading mine, I would cut the boot as the handle is so much nicer and it looks much tidier.

• Like 1

Hi

Finally managed to fit my camera for my 2013 octavia

Bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867335459.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.503f4c4dxRmCn4

It was the correct size and the electric connector was also the right one.

I took power from reverse lamp.

Everything works fine.. Until i turn the engine on

The image goes to weird mess in few seconds.. When i turn engine off everything works just fine again

See the video https://streamable.com/rdf3uc

So is it faulty camera or any idea ? 

Changed the power to the camera from reverse lamp to rear tail light and still the same.. 

Do i need to code anything else than that 5f byte 19 bit 4 ? 

my camera is really weird.. picture stays good and everything ok for as long as i keep power up.. When i start engine it goes to mess.. So i dont think it is wiring because why would it stay ok when engine is not running ? 

9 hours ago, Jankku said:

my camera is really weird.. picture stays good and everything ok for as long as i keep power up.. When i start engine it goes to mess.. So i dont think it is wiring because why would it stay ok when engine is not running ? 

Could it be a lack of shielding somewhere on the signal line. In guitar stuff noise is most often caused by this.

Steve

Does anyone have suggestion where to get power to the camera ? its an saloon with no rear wiper or no power socket on boot. Or is the only option to wire the cable to the front fuse box? or is there anywhere +12v in the rear that i could tap into.. Yeah from google i found out that reverse light is not the best power source.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know how now.

The central "pin" pulls out, honest.

Once that's out the clip is cable to collapse and comes out easily.

At which point, you realise that it does not really improve access that much.

:blush: