Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

What makes you think zny of them have a license?

Or insurance, road tax etc........................................

• Groan 1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, BTandSid said:

Just nicked this from tonight’s ‘Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing’ with their guest Lee Mack. LM asks PW if he knows the best joke ever made on a cookery show. Apparently it was at the end of one of Fanny Cradocks shows when her partner Johnny said “ so that’s it for tonight, join us next week when we’ll make doughnuts like Fanny’s” 😂

Rather like Prue's comment on GBBO about taking a look at your beaver. 😆 

1 hour ago, Arkaig said:

image.thumb.png.4b7d64b438709f348b2d078469dbfb93.png

These reminded me of Peter Moloney, a Scouse raconteur of yore who had a spiel about dockers' nicknames.  I've forgotten most of them but do recall "Bungalow - 'coz he hasn't got much upstairs" and "the idle sanguinary plumber - 'coz 'e never does a bleedin' tap".

On 06/09/2023 at 17:29, olduns said:

More of a WTF moment but...

BiL's Ferrari rear view mirror has decided it doesn't want to stay in situ, several attempts to repair but now he's bitten the bullet and dropped it off at Ferrari Le Mans and I've been the Taxi.

Guy looks at it, deep intake of breath and declares it needs a new screen  🤣.

The metal attachment, no bigger than a thumb, apparently comes with the screen and can't be re-glued 🤷

The good news is that they can re-use the mirror as apparently they are over 1k€...

Just to put this one to bed.....had word today that the Ferrari is back.....

Only 4500€  😳

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Crying 3

50 minutes ago, olduns said:

Just to put this one to bed.....had word today that the Ferrari is back.....

Only 4500€  😳

Not sure which emoji to use for that...   ouch...   more money than sense methinks 

• Like 4

Or boast about as most owners of those sort of cars do in my country, there is a thing called the Malus on first registration which can be tens of thousands of Euros for high CO2 rated vehicles, also the cost of the registration change (carte grise) on second hand purchases is equally punitive.

You need do no more than look at someones FerrarLamboWhatever when the owner is hovering and you can be sure within an instant he will have told you how much he had to pay for the malus, carte grise or windscreen replacement.

Edited by J.R.

I think it would sense for a total ban of all sales of new high rated CO2 cars, personally I really don't know why they weren't banned from the get go when they first learnt the CO2 was largely to blame for climate change. There should have been a worldwide ban on deforestation, as this been happening on a massive scale in some parts of the world.

How much CO2 have all of these massive wildfires been pumping out, some of which it is believed have been started deliberately and some accidentally by people taking portable BBQ's etc, and they got out of control. There are reports that the 1.5C rise has been breached unexpectably already and yet there are more EV vehicles in use globally, so they cannot no longer be putting the blame on cars as more older cars have been scrapped to get the grants for EV's and also CO2 levels of cars have dropping like a stone on cars made over the last 15 to 20 years, apart from the high performance or top end luxury cars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Butcher said:

I think it would sense for a total ban of all sales of new high rated CO2 cars, personally I really don't know why they weren't banned from the get go when they first learnt the CO2 was largely to blame for climate change. There should have been a worldwide ban on deforestation, as this been happening on a massive scale in some parts of the world.

How much CO2 have all of these massive wildfires been pumping out, some of which it is believed have been started deliberately and some accidentally by people taking portable BBQ's etc, and they got out of control. There are reports that the 1.5C rise has been breached unexpectably already and yet there are more EV vehicles in use globally, so they cannot no longer be putting the blame on cars as more older cars have been scrapped to get the grants for EV's and also CO2 levels of cars have dropping like a stone on cars made over the last 15 to 20 years, apart from the high performance or top end luxury cars.

Well the only thing there that made me chuckle was 'unexpectably'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

Well the only thing there that made me chuckle was 'unexpectably'

Agree the thread is wandering off "Chuckle of the day"

17 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I thought this bit was the funniest.

I feel Graham may have never actually witnessed a stone falling.

A bit more than 20 years but i agree on the stone analogy

1157506977_Screenshot2023-10-07at13-49-50WhatdoesEuro6dieselmeanforyouandyourcarRACDrive.png.31496264a35ec6821fc5b0e7a02fddc4.png

• Like 1