What did you do to your Octavia today?

Last week, refurbed wheels with gun metal grey all round - hugely preferring it to the diamond cut look - and new GY F1 Assy 3s all round. 

This week, filling the boot up to the max for a family holiday and still having space to pull the cover across! 

EF2B9D65-E97C-4772-B296-0E45ED7F09FA.jpeg

0876264C-77B4-4D7A-81AD-9F169F908C5E.jpeg

6FD8DEA3-314D-4E62-86CB-153E50307EFE.jpeg

C821E766-78FE-4C62-809B-4AD263F6AD54.jpeg

• Like 1

On 19/04/2019 at 22:50, Wangarai said:

All the bits needed for retrofitting powerfold wing mirrors with puddle lights have arrived today (excuse the children's playdoh table cover in the photo). Thanks to @SashaGrace for her excellent write up on how to do so.

I've gone for the Golf Mk7 door modules (5Q4959592E & 5Q4959593E) which I hope will allow the memory on mirror dip with OBD11 coding.

Powerfold mirrors now fitted and working. The Golf Mk7 door modules were no good, and I couldn't be bothered faffing about moving the pins. I picked up a cheap set of Octavia modules from a well known auction site (which is where the Golf modules are going next!) and fitted them with no problems. I doubt these will support memory function for the mirror dip, but this was a nice to do, rather than a deal breaker. 

I'm very happy with the new mirrors  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Went to Skoda for its fourth service.  Rear tyres starting to get low (25k miles on S001a's so not bad), so I splashed out on a pair of PS4's.  Told them I was a bit obsessive about cleaning and my alloys.  Picked it up lunchtime and found this:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

First comment was it wasn't them and it's kerb damage :worried: .  I could understand to a point, but if it's kerb damage (which I disagreed with), it wasn't there the day before when I last washed it.  To their credit, they have agreed to refurb it.

PS4's are a world apart from the well worn Bridgestones :thumbup:

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI

14 hours ago, Wangarai said:

Powerfold mirrors now fitted and working. The Golf Mk7 door modules were no good, and I couldn't be bothered faffing about moving the pins. I picked up a cheap set of Octavia modules from a well known auction site (which is where the Golf modules are going next!) and fitted them with no problems. I doubt these will support memory function for the mirror dip, but this was a nice to do, rather than a deal breaker. 

I'm very happy with the new mirrors  :biggrin:

I believe you need Superb 5Q4 door controllers to make the mirror memory work. They have to be Skoda ones to work iirc. If I find a cheap pair I may consider it down the line, see if it can be done.

Edited by SashaGrace

@V6TDI thats the exact reason I take photos and videos of my wheels when I drop it off, even better if you do it where they can see you doing it. My dealer damaged 3 wheels, replaced them no questions asked.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

@V6TDI thats the exact reason I take photos and videos of my wheels when I drop it off, even better if you do it where they can see you doing it. My dealer damaged 3 wheels, replaced them no questions asked.

How on earth did they manage to do 3 wheels?

@ScoutCJB the enterpising tech found a time saving way to remove the centre caps without removing the wheel first. It involved using some kind of sharp implement to pry the centre cap out using the laquered diamond cut alloy centre as leverage. He slipped a couple of times on one wheel. The other 2 were dented where he had pryed too hard. Wasnt his first offence apparently. 

On 26/04/2019 at 18:24, V6TDI said:

Went to Skoda for its fourth service.  Rear tyres starting to get low (25k miles on S001a's so not bad), so I splashed out on a pair of PS4's.  Told them I was a bit obsessive about cleaning and my alloys.  Picked it up lunchtime and found this:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

First comment was it wasn't them and it's kerb damage :worried: .  I could understand to a point, but if it's kerb damage (which I disagreed with), it wasn't there the day before when I last washed it.  To their credit, they have agreed to refurb it.

PS4's are a world apart from the well worn Bridgestones :thumbup:

Gaz

Hiq tyres scrawped and dented mine last month  when I had some new Goodyears fitted, damned annoying. Noit a mark on them previously in 3 1/2 years.

Fitted LED reversing lamps, coded interior lights not to come on when opening tailgate, recalibrated aircon to try and solve flap not opening now and then. Dressed tyres and cursed tyre fitters for damaging the wheels, fit ne rear washer jet, still spraying miles out to side of car and fit new rear washer jet cover.

5 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

@ScoutCJB the enterpising tech found a time saving way to remove the centre caps without removing the wheel first. It involved using some kind of sharp implement to pry the centre cap out using the laquered diamond cut alloy centre as leverage. He slipped a couple of times on one wheel. The other 2 were dented where he had pryed too hard. Wasnt his first offence apparently. 

Oh dear .... it's sad when people don't take pride in their work.  I took my Wife's old Zafira VXR to a main dealer for some work and it came back with a Kerbed wheel, pry marks where they had levered some bits of interior trim off and the drivers interior mat covered in oil.  Beggars belief really.

Changed the VRs badge on the front grill and tried to chipex fix some stone chips. 

Goes for paint correction and ceramic coating tomorrow. 

20190429_204610.jpg

8 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

looks kinda strange with one stuck on top of the other?

:giggle:  The top one is the one I removed.

I put them both there to show the difference. 

Went to Racingline HQ in Milton Keynes to get my (previous) Shark Stage 1 map reconfigured by Ben & co., and for them to more accurately identify how to delete the EMS (emissions) fault caused by the Scorpion sports cat (i.e. 'de-cat map').

Mine's special apparently, so it had previously been a right b4gg3r to get it sorted. All 3 solutions added to the map (i.e. increasing 'EMS checks' to 220+ MPH etc.), and all gravy :)

Guys, as always, were top professionals and highly praising of the car which ofc gave me the warm and fuzzies :thumbup:

Edited by Ads230
Hate repeating words in same sentence.
  • Like 1

So today I saw @wg100 and got some vcds work done. Traffic signs, cornering fogs, drls flash with indicators, indicators to 4 on comfort, fuel quantity enabled, high beam assist, both rear fogs and locking beep all activated. 

Then found a tracker/black box was fitted to the car by the previous owner. Only found out as part of it became unstuck and hit me on the foot while driving. 

Finally dropped it off at Veis detailing for paint correction and ceramic coating. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ACB52 said:

Then found a tracker/black box was fitted to the car by the previous owner. Only found out as part of it became unstuck and hit me on the foot while driving. 

What are you going to do with it? Use it to benefit insurance or bin it? Never known anyone to have one.

9 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

What are you going to do with it? Use it to benefit insurance or bin it? Never known anyone to have one.

It will go in the bin. 

Raised the question with Skoda around GDPR and that someone could have data about me.

2 hours ago, ACB52 said:

It will go in the bin. 

Raised the question with Skoda around GDPR and that someone could have data about me.

Take it to a secure IT equipment disposal centre (Google them). Unless the black box has personal data that can tie it directly to you, it won't necessarily touch GDPR - but from an information security perspective, best thing to do is get it securely destroyed (either incineration or shredding). If you can and are bothered by that sort of thing, get a certificate of destruction :)

Edit: I highly doubt that anyone at Skoda or the dealership will have any clue what GDPR is, or may actually give you misleading information if they pretend to know. So best course of action is destroying it.

Edited by Ads230

On 26/04/2019 at 18:24, V6TDI said:

Before:

IMG_1482.jpg

After:

IMG_1498.JPG

Smart repair rather than a refurb.  Happy with the results :thumbup:

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI