Slow factory orders

jinxgj

On 12/01/2020 at 11:00, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

I handed my car back at end of contract 14th November.  All was correct, car collected, car went to auction and was sold.  I tried to get my certificate for VED exempt and found out supposedly I had a motability car.  Called motability, they said I still had the car.  They checked and said yes I had, I told them that they had sold it 4 weeks ago.  They said dealers fault, I said bog off his pictures were on the auction site.  Next day a got an insurance certificate to June for the car returned to extend my use of it.   Finally this week they accept they got the car. Sold it, and still blame the dealership salesperson.  No money reinstated, but I did get the £600 CHEQUE, because of the cars good condition at hand back.    They can extend lease no problem.   And SKODA can also suck up errors from franchised dealers.  My dealer never messed up though.   In the past Arnold Clark have, taking 16 weeks to deliver a car they never ordered and that production of had stopped. 

So they still took the payments for December? Cheeky.

They should give you that back, surely?

They have agreed they had the car back and sold it. If you aren’t leasing a new car from them, then they owe you from the date the car went back, no?

£600? That’ll pay some off the advance then. Fingers crossed something nasty doesn’t happen between now and the new car arriving.

BTW, the email I sent to the general manager bounced back as undeliverable so I tried to get his correct email address from their live chat. They refused and suggested that I go through their customer services email, which I have done, asking them to forward the email directly to him. I sit and wait.......

• Like 1

Cheque finally arrived for 4 weeks money according to them but 3 days short actually, and still they have not informed DWP.  In the end I will get what I am owed. The £600 is nice and it is more for those that had a 5 year contract.  This is them reducing the 2.4 billion £ they have had in reserve. 

EDIT.

Just today i have finally managed to get the DWP to contact Mobility as they still had not told DWP i had no car. Payment coming in 3 days.

@CFB Any good news?

?

Is your Yeti worth buying,

i can watch for it coming up at BCA once you hand it back as i am looking for a good one for myself?

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

Good for you.

Not really any good news, except that I have cancelled the order and reordered. That saves me £100 as the advance payment has dropped that much since the original order.

I would love to keep the Yeti, but I need a bigger boot because of the essential stuff I have to carry around now.

The Kodiaq boot is twice the size with the 6&7 seats down.

• Thanks 1

I ordered a 1.5TSI SEL 11th Oct which had an estimated date of Jan 17th. It was at dealer by 11th Dec.  Perhaps I got lucky due to less orders over uncertainty of no deal Brexit looming on 31st oct.

Well I said I'd upload a couple of photo's when the weather improved! Ordered 12th August, delivered 11th January. Sportline 150 DSG, diesel. Oh and dash of Gtecniq inside and out!😁

IMG_20200121_114222.jpg

IMG_20200121_114038.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

Well I said I'd upload a couple of photo's when the weather improved! Ordered 12th August, delivered 11th January. Sportline 150 DSG, diesel. Oh and dash of Gtecniq inside and out!😁

IMG_20200121_114222.jpg

IMG_20200121_114038.jpg

You might want to change your username profile from Superb to Kodiaq to update your details.

38 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

It still says Superb Estate in your profile?

That's what happens when one tries to update ones profile on the mobile whilst walking the dog! Should be correct now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

That's what happens when one tries to update ones profile on the mobile whilst walking the dog! Should be correct now.

Argh Bisto that's better. You should know we can't multi-task that's why we leave it to the Ladies.

I`ve ordered on 3rd of January my L&K Petrol 190, Velvet Red, Beige sits, with some extras (Driver assistance package, Driver alert system with fatigue sensor, Electrically operated boot with kick activated boot (Virtual Pedal), Folding table on front seat backrests, Virtual Cockpit). Estimated time beginning of April.

On 13/01/2020 at 09:40, dx4100 said:

Ordered my car on Saturday and was told it would be 12 weeks.  Tick Tock 😛 

Be aware of the new car tax rules from April 2020. Any cars registered from April 2020 onwards will be charged based on WLTP emissions rules meaning that for a 1.5 TSI registered before April 2020, the first year VED rate is only £210. From April onwards the first year rate will be £855 (jumps up 2 tax bands)

Harsh treatment by your leasing company. They should have been aware of the pending price rises when you ordered.

Private purchases and PCP deals already factor in the first years VED into the road (OTR) price so it is already baked in.

Update...

had a conversation with the general manager for the dealer group. I now have a confirmed build date of 30th March.

Though he was sympathetic to my plight, he said there wasn’t much he could do in the way of moving the build date forward, but has said if there are some accessories that I would like, he was more than willing to throw them into the mix.

I’ve already bought the mats when I went to pick up the original car, but he is going to give me a refund on those.

I have been looking at the rubber boot mat, as I don’t like things sliding about in there.

A couple of questions about that. With the second row of seats folded, does it go all the way the the back of the remaining seats?

What do folks think about them? Pros and cons?

On 06/02/2020 at 16:14, silver1011 said:

Harsh treatment by your leasing company. They should have been aware of the pending price rises when you ordered.

Private purchases and PCP deals already factor in the first years VED into the road (OTR) price so it is already baked in.

I don’t think you should assume this. I had spoken to a couple of leasing companies and their prices were not adjusted and they were not aware (or chose to market at the lower price).

For the model my wife wanted (SEL 1.5TSi DSG) there were 25 in the country or In-build & available before 1 April at the time of ordering 3 weeks ago, so she went with one of those to secure the lower price. 

I didn't assume, it was more a criticism at the leasing companies / brokers.

They take your deposit, hide in their small print about passing cost increases on, and then wait until a few weeks before delivery to drop the bad news, by which time you've waited the best part of 6 months for the factory order and have little choice but to suck it up and pay.

It is their job to watch what the Government communicates regarding future emissions and VED changes, as well as monitoring price changes from the manufacturers and dealers they're liaising with on your behalf, this is why we use brokers, to take the hassle out of procuring a new car.

Most manufacturers increase their prices annually, usually at the same time of year. The Government issue plenty of notice about proposed policy changes, certainly well in advance enough for the brokers and leasing companies to manage their customers expectations and prevent disappointment.

Edited by silver1011

On 18/01/2020 at 11:18, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

Ordered a 1.5 TSI Edition on the 9th January. Confirmed build week 6. So hopefully delivered by end of March, which would make a lead time of approx. 12 weeks. 

Now confirmed as built and cleared for loading at the port of exit.

Any ideas how soon it could be with the dealer from there?

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

I didn't assume, it was more a criticism at the leasing companies / brokers.

They take your deposit, hide in their small print about passing cost increases on, and then wait until a few weeks before delivery to drop the bad news, by which time you've waited the best part of 6 months for the factory order and have little choice but to suck it up and pay.

It is their job to watch what the Government communicates regarding future emissions and VED changes, as well as monitoring price changes from the manufacturers and dealers they're liaising with on your behalf, this is why we use brokers, to take the hassle out of procuring a new car.

Most manufacturers increase their prices annually, usually at the same time of year. The Government issue plenty of notice about proposed policy changes, certainly well in advance enough for the brokers and leasing companies to manage their customers expectations and prevent disappointment.

Sure. Quite agree. The selection/handover process from leasing co.s and brokers generally lacks the quality of a dealer ‘experience’ but the expectation is that the information provided from them is accurate so you know what you are getting. These additional charges that creep in are unwelcome and create a great deal of angst when you’ve committed to something and the goalposts change and you need to dig deeper into your pockets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Also if you're paying less for something your expectations shouldn't be quite so high as say a Dealer collection/handover day especially true if you are collecting a BMW/Mercedes/Audi for example.

Dealer Handover Experience - don’t make me laugh 😂 

In 2017 my car was just parked in the yard. Here’s yer key. Oh, these buttons don’t work. Don’t worry, we’ll fix it later.

And last December, my wife’s new car wasn’t deemed fit to be handed over in The Bay either - again just parked out in the yard where the teenage (well he looked like a teenager) Tech Guru showed me the ropes.

All as exciting as buying cornflakes at Tesco (other breakfast cereals and supermarkets are available)