Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

still having trouble updating my Amundsen, fresh FAT32 sd card, loaded with MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0478T.7z which i understand is the latest version, press and hold menu, update from SD card, always get the same screen, is there a step i'm missing? presume just need the file on the sd card? 

IMG_9764.thumb.JPEG.78ef8085ae50ee1bd81cd81edc0b8e56.JPEGIMG_9765.thumb.JPEG.12521a0cfe69f55c62b40719ac2aee34.JPEG

3 minutes ago, cnoble87 said:

still having trouble updating my Amundsen, fresh FAT32 sd card, loaded with MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0478T.7z which i understand is the latest version, press and hold menu, update from SD card, always get the same screen, is there a step i'm missing? presume just need the file on the sd card? 

Looks like that file is some sort of zip archive. It's a big one :)

thanks for the download Pab567
I don't think I'm doing the update correctly

I tried unzipping the file to a fat32 format usb and put it in the Aux usb port

I also unzipped it to a fat 32 format sd card and tried both sd slots

in both cases it couldn't find the software when I did the following

menu > system information > update software

Am i doing something wrong?

8 minutes ago, MadDoctor said:

Yes, you are...

That's not how you update the firmware.

For that, it depends on the unit, but usually you have to press menu key for some seconds until the option to update appears...

OK, I'm going to play the idiot here.
I long pressed the menu to get the service mode activated and on using the update option shown i got the following;

"unable to read the Release Information file. Source not available. unsupported media."

I'm fairly tech competant but in this case assume I'm a total newbie as I'm clearly missing something after downloading pab567's .7z file

7 minutes ago, Stevejd58 said:

I long pressed the menu to get the service mode activated and on using the update option shown i got the following;

"unable to read the Release Information file. Source not available. unsupported media."

I'm fairly tech competant but in this case assume I'm a total newbie as I'm clearly missing something after downloading pab567's .7z file

Did you decompress the file and copy the contents of the resulting folder to the SD? Using slot 1?

29 minutes ago, Stevejd58 said:

Just read the other pages before your post ! Everything is described in detail ! If you need help, write pm to somebody.

• Like 1

for anyone struggling with actually doing the update, it took me a couple of attempts but finally managed to do it this morning

here's what I did:

Download file to computer

Format SD card in FAT32 format

Unzip the downloaded file to computer (it extracts it into a folder)

Open that folder and you’ll see a list of a load of other folders

Copy all those folders directly to SD card

then go to car, start ignition (wait a couple mins)

long press the menu button on the head unit, and it’ll say “starting service mode”

then from there go through the software update 

It also took me a couple of attempts but I followed the same process as above (read on another thread it has to be Slot 1 - not sure if that's true as I didn't try Slot 2 :)). It also logs a fault on the Infotainment system which can't be cleared without doing a little bit of coding. I followed the process here and cleared the fault successfully. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/486060-mib-2-high-and-25-high-sw-update/?do=findComment&comment=5458307

4 hours ago, philhon said:

for anyone struggling with actually doing the update, it took me a couple of attempts but finally managed to do it this morning

here's what I did:

Download file to computer

Format SD card in FAT32 format

Unzip the downloaded file to computer (it extracts it into a folder)

Open that folder and you’ll see a list of a load of other folders

Copy all those folders directly to SD card

then go to car, start ignition (wait a couple mins)

long press the menu button on the head unit, and it’ll say “starting service mode”

then from there go through the software update 

Realised my mistake, didn't move the data out of the main folder first

managed to get the process starting but I get this message and can't progress further, any thoughts?

227910168_363618062053566_9109222711610016884_n.jpg

Hi

I just update my Amundsen. Everything is OK but the bluetooth no longer works : the phone is not available.

I can't turn on bluetooth........ :sick: I even try a factory reset.... unsuccessfully........

Does anyone meet the same issue?

What can I do?

Best regards

Hello @pab567

Could you please send me download link for update? 

Device part number: 5Q0035840A

Hardware: H24

Software: 0241

Im having echo problem with my Carplay when having phone call. I hope that update would fix that problem. 

Thank you so much in advance!

On 06/08/2021 at 19:07, jay01600 said:

Hi

I just update my Amundsen. Everything is OK but the bluetooth no longer works : the phone is not available.

I can't turn on bluetooth........ :sick: I even try a factory reset.... unsuccessfully........

Does anyone meet the same issue?

What can I do?

Best regards

@jay01600 Have you updated with the correct version of firmware for your unit.  Is it a SOP2.x, SOP3.x or SOP4.x version of firmware?  It sounds like you've put in a newer version of firmware than your unit can cope with.

If (for example) you have a Amunsden with Version 0251 on it, you can only upgrade to 0253; (example) if you have 0347, you can only go to 0351, (example) 04xx can only go to 0478.

Edited by varaderoguy

3 hours ago, pab567 said:

@jay01600 looks like your unit is electrically broken now... As any SW update can go wrong this is one of the reasons why I do NOT recommend to make any SW update as long as unit works without any major issues.

3 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

@jay01600 Have you updated with the correct version of firmware for your unit.  Is it a SOP2.x, SOP3.x or SOP4.x version of firmware?  It sounds like you've put in a newer version of firmware than your unit can cope with.

If (for example) you have a Amunsden with Version 0251 on it, you can only upgrade to 0253; (example) if you have 0347, you can only go to 0351, (example) 04xx can only go to 0478.

This is a photo of my system before I try to upadate. Do you think It wan not the right version?

IMG_20210802_145238.jpg

3 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

From 132 to 490 --> do you think it's my problem?

Do you have an idea to downgrade my unit?

Best regards

Speak with @pab567 to make sure he can supply you with the correct firmware for your SOP version - in this case an SOP1.x version.

If it is goosed/cooked because of your firmware update, you could do a couple of things:

1) See if you can get the correct firmware and see if you can apply it (what have you got to loose).

2) Take this time and opportunity to upgrade to a nice shiny new Amunsden MIB2.5 system.  Again, speak to @pab567 as he might be able to assist there - for a fee.  This way, you will also be able to get map updates and the screen will be considerably bigger and nicer.

3) Go down the line of a third party chinese nasty.

• Like 1