Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

59 minutes ago, roottoot said:

OT, 

but for decades many Councils / Local Authorities have had bans on Employees being in Licensed Premises other than if required as part of their jobs, or consuming alcohol in the workplace, during working hours etc. 

Even bans on celebrations / events with alcohol consumed in Council / Government buildings unless there is 'Licensed Functions' etc.

The consuming of alcohol among Civil Servants in various Westminster Offices and building during their working day or at the end of it is really a bit much.

The fact that these offices and staff are involved in very important matters to the general population of the UK and overseas and should be sober and ready to make decisions and take actions with a clear head needs looking at. 

https://mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dwp-staff-drank-night-therese-25673214

As it is with Parliament i think MP's and Civil Servants should be having hair follicle / drugs tests each month, 

also that MP's should be required to take a breathalyzer test before they are allowed to vote in parliament. 

Good point re civil servants who generally remain in post regardless of changes in government...   It beggars belief that they can drink on the job!

8 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Oh shut up...   

Charming. I think we both know what you really wanted to say.
It wasn't a dig at you personally hence "therein lies the problem with a large part of the electorate". Not sure why you took it personally. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Groan 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:18, skomaz said:

^^  I do wonder at times where some of this 'reporting data' comes from...

It's either shoddy and **** investigation / reporting or very cleverly worded to encourage take up of the vaccine.

My wife, who is a molecular biologist and used to work for AZ in drug research despairs of some of the 'selective' messaging.

Either way i know what my preference is and would tell anyone to get vaccinated

There's a real push for everyone to be terrified of Omicron, but even Snopes has to admit (quoting WHO) that it hasn't killed anyone yet.

image.thumb.png.17c7ed597108f9424c9c1cce25bfad9e.png

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Charming. I think we both know what you really wanted to say.
It wasn't a dig at you personally hence "therein lies the problem with a large part of the electorate". Not sure why you took it personally. 

I didn't take it personally.

It was an 'oh shut up with your political posts...'

That was then followed by me explaining my original post to you and that you, true to form, posted yet another political point.

As I said I'm not bothered what your political bias or thoughts are...   I already know from copious previous posts.

Edited by skomaz

34 minutes ago, skomaz said:

I didn't take it personally.

It was an 'oh shut up with your political posts...'

It seemed like you did.

You're the one who brought the matter up today not me. You even expected to receive some flak for it so don't be surprised if people reply.

You said you don't care what they get up to at parties then say you do care so which is it? Are you bothered they had parties during lock down whilst everybody else stuck to the rules or is it you don't care what they got up to at the parties but you do care they didn't stick to their own rules? 
Even if some people did cut themselves a tiny bit of slack, I for one expect higher standards from those in power. Especially when it comes to sticking to their own rules. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Groan 1

Covid alert level has been raised to level four due to the high rise od omicron infections which now stand at over 3,000 (a 65% increase) and some estimates see it at 1,000,000 by the end of the year.
Johnson is to give a statement at 8pm (assuming he can get away from his wine and cheese platter)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59629916

(For those sensible enough to get vaccinated)

Edited by @Lee

^^^

Pre recorded. 

So a 'Statement will be broadcast at 8.00 pm'.

No idea when actually made.

No personal appearance in front of journalists who might have the bare faced cheek to ask the fellow Journalist & also the Prime Minister questions, maybe about his behaviour.

2nd in line Leader of the free world and leader of 'The best of everything in the world'. 

Back with nose to the grind stone and hard work and if he is sneezing that is just from the grind stone not the marching powder.

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

It seemed like you did.

You're the one who brought the matter up today not me. You even expected to receive some flak for it so don't be surprised if people reply.

You said you don't care what they get up to at parties then say you do care so which is it? Are you bothered they had parties during lock down whilst everybody else stuck to the rules or is it you don't care what they got up to at the parties but you do care they didn't stick to their own rules? 
Even if some people did cut themselves a tiny bit of slack, I for one expect higher standards from those in power. Especially when it comes to sticking to their own rules. 

Stop being a ****...

I'm not going to reply because I'm not an idiot and to  try and keep things on topic.

Back on topic, I switched to BBC1 at 8 minutes past 8 and missed the speech, what are the chnages if any, I am planning to return to France on Thursday & to return in January, if that could prove difficult as in Covid hôtel then I could remain.

I don't go to pubs or resturants etc, just food shopping & picking up DIY materials, British Passport, double vaccinated but no booster yet.

• Like 1

Not sure as I missed it too trying to extract my daughter's earing from the sink drainpipe...

But we have just had a text from school saying masks now required in all areas and classrooms and not just in corridors and communal areas.

• Like 1

Google found it, it was a very short speech encouraging everyone to have the booster vaccination and mobilising resources to meet the demand, as a result some NHS appointments will be delayed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Back on topic, I switched to BBC1 at 8 minutes past 8 and missed the speech, what are the chnages if any, I am planning to return to France on Thursday & to return in January, if that could prove difficult as in Covid hôtel then I could remain.

I don't go to pubs or resturants etc, just food shopping & picking up DIY materials, British Passport, double vaccinated but no booster yet.

2 hours ago, skomaz said:

Not sure as I missed it too trying to extract my daughter's earing from the sink drainpipe...

But we have just had a text from school saying masks now required in all areas and classrooms and not just in corridors and communal areas.

I posted a link to the BBC site earlier on Level 4 which contained this link explaining the Plan B restrictions https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52530518

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Sure that was "stolen" and not "stollen"?

Stollen is always a disappointment to me, a great hit of glucose powder (rather than icing sugar?) but the cake is rubbish, I've tried it all over Europe and been disappointed - bit like panattoni.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NJRJ said:

Stollen is always a disappointment to me, a great hit of glucose powder (rather than icing sugar?) but the cake is rubbish, I've tried it all over Europe and been disappointed - bit like panattoni.

I like the poppyseed version, but fresh not mass produced/packaged. It’s not easy to hold of fresh stollen in the UK but it is worth it. (OT)

I associate getting boosted with the cosworth getting nicked. This has morphed into cake/bread and poppyseeds, which are the source of another meaning of boosted. I wonder how many ways you could take the get boosted, please get boosted, oh do it please speech.

I do feel the 40-49 year olds have somewhat been left high and dry again, as they couldn’t even book until after it was their “responsibility” to save Christmas.  Most I know can’t get a slot before Christmas Eve and now they’re fighting with everyone else trying the booking system to get an earlier one asap.  
The two weeks before the 3 months announcement and the IT update to allow slots from 3 months seemed ridiculously slow too.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sister was trying last week position 300 in the online queue. She was position 19,000 last night.

I feel very lucky, partly as swmbo was on me to get booster. So was in the 8am rush opening a few weeks ago. Still had a 1 week bump in waiting as I got distracted and came back to it an hour later.

sis is looking at walk in today, or mid to late Jan if she gets through the waitlist system.

get boosters means I can get back to some of my training venues. First time since Oct 19. Although even with the booster now, I’m inclined to wait a few more weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColinD said:

sis is looking at walk in today, or mid to late Jan if she gets through the waitlist system.

When I got my booster last week I was pretty much straight in and out at St Oswalds on Abbeydale Road.

On Saturday they were queued out the building, down the long driveway and along the footway round the corner!

Just listening to the radio and lots of people phoning in saying they can't get through to book their booster jab. 
Also just heard and now read that people can't book a lateral flow test on the .gov website either. People who are double jabbed are being asked to take daily LFTs for seven days to slow the spread from tomorrow if they've been in contact with someone who's positive. They're being told on the website to go back and try and book a walk in test.

Edited by @Lee

To be honest Lee, you can you just have to queue. I’ve just done both and it’s no worse than the online shopping site queues.

IT systems can’t be sized to cope with almost nobody through a few thousand an hour through to hundreds of thousands of hits every hour without time for increased or without massively overspending on the initial system.

I do think the change from 6 months to 3 was handled badly and should have been an overnight change not a 2 week plus software change. That in itself had probably made the massive queue worse.

• Like 2

Yeah, it was a big ask to go from 0 - 100 from a standing start. Apparently though the promise to deliver boosters is to offer them before the end of December rather than deliver them. (BBC News Journo on Twitter)

Now just heard on the radio that Johnson has confirmed the first death from  with the omicron variant 😞 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59639007

Edited by @Lee