No internet connection.

5th day with No Internet. Will give it 2 more days to sort out on its own as the last few times... If not, then the fuse approach... 

Edited by SSA

in my case the icon turned white after 6 days in gray. This time it did not work for me to restore to factory values, the fuses I have not tried yet.

I have already had this same failure 3 times in a month and a half.

Next Wednesday I take the car to the official workshop so that they can look at the problem, I will tell you if they give me a solution.

I have noticed if i leave car in garage for longest period example for weekend, i always have problem with internet connection icon is grey, if i drive everyday i have no problem with it until again i parked car in the garage for the weekend🤦 fuses helps, bet its very annoying, maybe there is the different way to solve this problem 🤔

I got in touch with my dealer regarding my connection problems (do not have any other problems for the moment), there is a major update registred for my car/infotainment. Booked in for upgrade on May 28.
I have a D version with software 1788, however, the dealer said they never know what faults it will correct, the just do the update. Fingers crossed... 

41 minutes ago, Bial said:

I got in touch with my dealer regarding my connection problems (do not have any other problems for the moment), there is a major update registred for my car/infotainment. Booked in for upgrade on May 28.
I have a D version with software 1788, however, the dealer said they never know what faults it will correct, the just do the update. Fingers crossed... 

Most probably you will get the 1803 version. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Bial said:

Is it for free or do you need to pay them to do the upgrade?

7 hours ago, SManu said:

Is it for free or do you need to pay them to do the upgrade?

Since the car is only 2 months old it will be free of charge under the Skoda Sweden 3 year Warranty program.

I picked up my new vRS a few days ago, where internet connection was greyed out, SOS was red I think and Skoda connect didn't work either. I left it a day or so to see if it was minor and whether OTA updates could resolve (didn't obv). Courtesy of this thread, fuses 19 and 30 were taken out for 10 minutes fixed the connectivity issues, but now I have a airbag warning light on lol! 

PXL_20210519_152548641.jpg

13 minutes ago, Aarond said:

I picked up my new vRS a few days ago, where internet connection was greyed out, SOS was red I think and Skoda connect didn't work either. I left it a day or so to see if it was minor and whether OTA updates could resolve (didn't obv). Courtesy of this thread, fuses 19 and 30 were taken out for 10 minutes fixed the connectivity issues, but now I have a airbag warning light on lol! 

So...all in all it seems the problem still happens in 1803  :D We'll have to wait. I contacted today again Skoda Spain just to check how my case was going and still "under technical verification"

Hi, folks,

just to report, internet suddenly showed up few moments ago. It was quite a long period (2 weeks maybe), 3rd time since mid February when I got this car. This was actualy by far the longest No Internet period. I was tempted to go face-to-face to the dealer (here in Sweden), but as I need car these days, I was postponing the visit. 

In my case after the fuse removal it has being working for two weeks in a row and counting! 

On the other hand Skoda Spain contacted me to tell me that they are still waiting for an official answer from the technical department...

Have had my new car now for almost a month. After 2nd week internet connection dropped at one point. Talked to the local Skoda dealer, they booked my car in for OCU module reboot or something like that. I was tempted to pull the 19/30 fuses (have not yet been back to the dealer yet) but after reading some had airbag warnings afterwards decided not to do that.

Miraculously about a week ago internet connection came back to life on it´s own after 8 days of downtime?! Must note that prior to that did full factory reset on car settings, restarted infotainment, deleted my main user. Tried adding again main user, pair keys etc. without success (as the connection was down at the time). :wall: After the connection restored on itself I managed to activate car, add main user again and log-in to škoda connect services.

So far for the internet connection has worked OK for about a week now... MyŠkoda app also works finally (car stats are correctly updated, can remote lock/unlock etc.). Fingers crossed...

At least in Sweden we have a one year prepaid skoda connect. So after all the trouble with no internet connection I suggested Skoda Sweden to extend the prepaid year of Skoda Connect. They have not bothered to answer. Well tomorow I´m booked in at dealer for update, will see...

Edited by Bial

Hi, back from the dealer. Huge dissapointment. They had done some research and my update was only for Clima. Update is called 90Q9 and it did not included any firmware updates, still on 1788. However since the FW 1803 seems to have the same problem with connection to Internet I have to wait. 

2 hours ago, Bial said:

Hi, back from the dealer. Huge dissapointment. They had done some research and my update was only for Clima. Update is called 90Q9 and it did not included any firmware updates, still on 1788. However since the FW 1803 seems to have the same problem with connection to Internet I have to wait. 

I would says this internet issue has nothing to do with the general SW version of the cars. I have the 1788 version and since the last fallout about two weeks ago, my internet connection has been just fine.

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem.. after 2 days I decided to remove fuse and re-atach back and problem is gone..

There is no need to wait for 10 minutes - I waited about 30 seconds..

SW version 1803.

Screenshot_20210704-180210_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Related somehow: Since I got internet back ca. 4-5 weeks ago, I cannot log in as primary user. The moment I type in email and password it starts rolling Please wait, and then If I move car, it recalls Safety. This safety thing should be due to some update, at least this is my experience so far. 

As I do not want to sit in the car with engine on longer than 15min, this is going on and on... Tried 6-7 times so far, and every time is the same. BTW, update should be done in the background, so I am actually confused here...

What was the longest time you waited for the update/log in? It is too bad that there is no ETA or progress bar...

So far my OTA update experience has been that whenever it works, it "automagically" happens in the backround. I only get prompted once something was updated. I think once i was asked to stay stationary and not turn of the engine for the update to finish.

But whenever i manually check for updates in the infotainment I end up in the infinite "checking for updates"loop. I don´t think it was meant even but the VAG engineers for every owner to idle in the car with running engine for 30 min :D.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/04/2021 at 09:05, fguirado69 said:

I'm a little scared about remove the storage compartment and taking out the fuses.

I put what I have done to solve the problem, I have already fixed it like this twice

- Remove the car from the mobile app

- In the car restore to factory settings and wait 1 day or until the skoda connect icon changes from gray to white

- Get in the car as the main driver (even if we already are). This is where it will ask for the two keys

- Wait about 10 minutes and add the car again in the mobile app. So the app should work fine and refresh the data

I too am wary of removing fuses and after all, my car is only 9 months old so this really shouldn't be an issue.

I've had the car back to the dealers twice over the "SOS error - Contact your Dealer" message. First time they claimed they'd updated software, second time replaced a battery.

The MySkoda app hasn't synced for nearly a week now and like a fool I rang Customer Support from my mobile - cost an arm and a leg. Only noticed yesterday, after reading posts on here, that the Internet icon is greyed out - which probably explains the lack of synchronisation.

25 minutes ago, JoanneMason said:

I too am wary of removing fuses and after all, my car is only 9 months old so this really shouldn't be an issue.

I've had the car back to the dealers twice over the "SOS error - Contact your Dealer" message. First time they claimed they'd updated software, second time replaced a battery.

The MySkoda app hasn't synced for nearly a week now and like a fool I rang Customer Support from my mobile - cost an arm and a leg. Only noticed yesterday, after reading posts on here, that the Internet icon is greyed out - which probably explains the lack of synchronisation.

My car was only a month old when this first happened but I wouldn't worry about taking fuses out, you replace fuses if they blow anyway so it's not like you're not supposed to access them. 

I've now had to do this about 4 times, neither Skoda or the dealer give a ****, they simply tell you there's not a problem, the servers were probably down blah blah blah!

The connection drops so often that I'm even considering adding an extension so the fuses are in the glove box itself and they're easier to pull when needed.