Software

2 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

I used the Australian link and I got notice of an impending upgrade. Ok it applies to Australia. 🇦🇺

Australia has vast distances between dealerships which may explain why Aus has such a site and U.K. 🇬🇧 does not - our ‘local service partner’ may be the equivalent. 

That being said, many of us feel we are not getting transparency on software upgrades. So I feel that a U.K. version of the Australian on-line search facility 🔎would help by enabling U.K.  owners to book impending upgrades themselves instead of passively waiting for the dealership to get around to them.  

My car has no suffix. Does that indicate that it needs new HW before it can be optimised? 🤷‍♂️ If so does anyone know how people in my position can convert this information into dealership action? 🤔

If your car has no suffix, it most likely cannot change from mph to kph in the (units) settings (there is a long thread about this on the forum kph/mph).

If so, you need to contact Kate Laws at Skoda UK on [email protected] to tell her your car is one of those affected.

Several forum members are either currently receiving or will soon receive new virtual dashboard to fix this issue - but this must be coordinated between Kate and your Skoda dealer.

When the car is at the dealer for this change, it is usual practice that the garage applies any outstanding updates to your car. This should hopefully include the update to software 1810 and head unit revision F. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skody123 said:

If your car has no suffix, it most likely cannot change from mph to kph in the (units) settings (there is a long thread about this on the forum kph/mph).

If so, you need to contact Kate Laws at Skoda UK on executive.office@skoda.co.uk to tell her your car is one of those affected.

Several forum members are either currently receiving or will soon receive new virtual dashboard to fix this issue - but this must be coordinated between Kate and your Skoda dealer.

When the car is at the dealer for this change, it is usual practice that the garage applies any outstanding updates to your car. This should hopefully include the update to software 1810 and head unit revision F. Hope that helps!

That is really helpful, thanks.

In reply to TheWanderer's question; I used the Australian site to identify five (5!) software upgrades. Contacted my local dealer, who agreed they needed to be done. And so they were. Anyone attempting to use Skoda UK's useless checker, or not having an issue, would have been none the wiser.

Front desks response to my question about why the Skoda UK checker was so useless; "The UK recall checker does work but these are not classed as "safety recalls" so wouldn't be showing on that site."

So we are doomed to drive unimproved / unfixed cars until Skoda UK deigns to tell us.

Edited by inspectorman
spelling
  • Like 1

I'm kind of in a way glad it's not just me having these software glitches.

About 1 month into owning my car I had a few SOS faults which flashed up on the dash. It wasn't too bad as it would always reset if I left and came back to the car. Until one day it didn't clear and ended up losing pretty much all media and satnav functions and was stuck with a spinning loading wheel on the screen. 

Took it in to skoda for a software update and it has been better since but far from perfect.

I still get the clicking sounds others have mentioned along with the SOS alarm, but I am able to reset this by pressing the SOS button and then cancelling the call before it goes through.

The air con controls dissappear every now and then but this is usually cured by doing a hard reset on the display. Although it is F ing annoying when  it happen.

It also bugs me that I have to manually synconise the aircon setpoints for driver and passenger everytime. My last vrs was always synchronised unless you chose not to be.

Great cars but wish they would have tested thoroughly before production instead of making their customers do the beta testing. I'm now nearly 9months in and want to get it in to sort this bloody SOS problem out.

Anyone know if they are able to cure this yet?

• Love it! 1

Can anyone tell me what this means. It is the search result from the Australian site for my vehicle:

91CP 

W-Updates control unit

I believe I have seen 91CP on this forum somewhere. Before I contact my Service Partner (aka Garage) can anyone shed light on what this sw update is designed to address? 🤞

6 minutes ago, PoloPaul said:

Can anyone tell me what this means. It is the search result from the Australian site for my vehicle:

91CP 

W-Updates control unit

I believe I have seen 91CP on this forum somewhere. Before I contact my Service Partner (aka Garage) can anyone shed light on what this sw update is designed to address? 🤞

My dealer confirmed 91cp includes "software updates for the OCU (SOS Control Unit), A/C Control Unit and MIB (Infotainment system)"

I am hoping the MIB update is 1810 and that the SOS errors are addressed. I did see that a couple of cars couldn't accept the update because their OCU (online control units) had errors and needed replacing first...

Edited by Skody123
  • Like 1

My dealer confirmed 91cp includes "software updates for the OCU (SOS Control Unit), A/C Control Unit and MIB (Infotainment system)"

Very useful info. Thanks. Do you, Skody123, or does anyone out there know what MIB features 91CP updates. Bluetooth connectivity is my particular issue. But I also have inability to store PIN, settings being lost upon online sw upgrade etc. 

6 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

That is really helpful, thanks.

Is anyone going to email 'Kate'??

I am, would be good to see if I or anyone else gets a reply and a solution for getting theirs cars booked in and sorted once and for all!

18 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

Is anyone going to email 'Kate'??

I am, would be good to see if I or anyone else gets a reply and a solution for getting theirs cars booked in and sorted once and for all!

I sent an email to [email protected]    marked Fao Kate Ross. I received a sort of ‘undeliverable’ from [email protected]  So it appears this went to VAG in Germany. 

Can someone please advise on whether or not  I have used the correct email address please ?

Just now, PoloPaul said:

I sent an email to [email protected]    marked Fao Kate Ross. I received a sort of ‘undeliverable’ from [email protected]  So it appears this went to VAG in Germany. 

Can someone please advise on whether or not  I have used the correct email address please ?

I got the same message and another one saying we aim to respond within 48 hours.

Will see what happens.

2 minutes ago, PoloPaul said:

Yes, that is normal, but the email still goes through! Btw: should be Kate Laws.

Edited by Skody123

Yes, that is normal, but the email still goes through! Btw: should be Kate Laws.

Thanks Skody123, I did in fact use Kate Laws - updated using my (poor) memory. Believe Kate Ross is an actress (eg The Graduate!). Thank you

1 minute ago, Bial said:

This AU link works fine for a Swedish car, had an outstanding recall/campaign, so I will contact my dealer 😁

Hi Bial. Thanks for this.

Agree. I got an outstanding recall reference too.  I am awaiting the Dealer’s response 

On 20/11/2021 at 17:14, weehappypixie said:

I found the image here on a different Octavia site so it's not my picture so credit to the person who posted it originally.

Looking at this and it look's like there may be bigger issues here. I have 1804.

John

Skoda Update Warning.jpg

My experience has been as such.  Car booked into the local service centre in early Nov to try and sort the litany of problems as described by many and reported to them, Infotainment/satnav/climate/Skoda connect.  Probably the most annoying and dangerous being the adaptive cruise control issue and SOS fault.

They had the car half a day and called me to say they couldn't do any software updates and had to order a new E Call Control Module which was on back order and could be a few weeks.  I collected the car to find it was now stuck on the loading settings screen and I no longer had access to the sat nav, radio or android auto!! 

It's now had the module changed on Monday and I was given some feedback that supports the above picture from @weehappypixie after I questioned them about the lack of obvious updates 

Hi, 

I can confirm that we were aware of the listed issues as per your email and these were recorded on the job card.  

The SOS warning lamp and the clicking from the E Call speaker and the intermittent fault with the ACC have been rectified by replacing the defective E Call Control Module and updated the software for this unit to version 0142, which was causing numerous ethernet communication interruptions and putting various control modules into emergency operation. 

We are aware of the different software levels for the MIB3 (1788 / 1803 / 1804 / 1806 ) but installing any other software is not recommended by the factory for your particular vehicle and media unit updating to a version different than the current version installed may cause software incompatibility with the rest of the modules and the software levels installed in your vehicle. 

Some of the vehicles may run on MIB 301 Unit with software level 1804 / 1806, but this does not mean these software levels would be any good for your vehicle configuration.

The next software that is compatible with your vehicle would be 5E3035816D 1888 and is planned for release by the factory in Quarter 2 year 2022.

I hope this helps. 

I'm on 5E3035816D, hardware H56 and software 1803, H45, 2092

If the AAC situation is resolved then that's a big plus for me, on a journey on the M3/M35 and M4 yesterday it performed correctly but time will tell.  So roll on Q2 2022....

4 minutes ago, Octa_Geoff said:

My experience has been as such.  Car booked into the local service centre in early Nov to try and sort the litany of problems as described by many and reported to them, Infotainment/satnav/climate/Skoda connect.  Probably the most annoying and dangerous being the adaptive cruise control issue and SOS fault.

They had the car half a day and called me to say they couldn't do any software updates and had to order a new E Call Control Module which was on back order and could be a few weeks.  I collected the car to find it was now stuck on the loading settings screen and I no longer had access to the sat nav, radio or android auto!! 

It's now had the module changed on Monday and I was given some feedback that supports the above picture from @weehappypixie after I questioned them about the lack of obvious updates 

Hi, 

I can confirm that we were aware of the listed issues as per your email and these were recorded on the job card.  

The SOS warning lamp and the clicking from the E Call speaker and the intermittent fault with the ACC have been rectified by replacing the defective E Call Control Module and updated the software for this unit to version 0142, which was causing numerous ethernet communication interruptions and putting various control modules into emergency operation. 

We are aware of the different software levels for the MIB3 (1788 / 1803 / 1804 / 1806 ) but installing any other software is not recommended by the factory for your particular vehicle and media unit updating to a version different than the current version installed may cause software incompatibility with the rest of the modules and the software levels installed in your vehicle. 

Some of the vehicles may run on MIB 301 Unit with software level 1804 / 1806, but this does not mean these software levels would be any good for your vehicle configuration.

The next software that is compatible with your vehicle would be 5E3035816D 1888 and is planned for release by the factory in Quarter 2 year 2022.

I hope this helps. 

I'm on 5E3035816D, hardware H56 and software 1803, H45, 2092

If the AAC situation is resolved then that's a big plus for me, on a journey on the M3/M35 and M4 yesterday it performed correctly but time will tell.  So roll on Q2 2022....

Cheers Octa_Geoff

I am due an update shortly then f not successful Skoda Service will start a discussion around a replacement head-unit but they stress that this is at the sole behest of the Service Partner.  I am in month 14 of ownership and hope this is  sorted before month 36.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2021 at 15:31, Mynameslee said:

It also bugs me that I have to manually synconise the aircon setpoints for driver and passenger everytime. My last vrs was always synchronised unless you chose not to be.

Did you see this re. the AirCon Sync?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sneal said:

Did you see this re. the AirCon Sync?

Hi sneal,

No I didn't so thank you. Funnily enough I thought that's what happened the other day whilst I was having a quick play but didn't test again to confirm. So it's configured as if LHD. 🙄😂

Thanks again mate 👍

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PoloPaul said:

Mike Rutherford at Auto Express wrote this article in August. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/opinion/355800/latest-infotainment-systems-some-vws-arent-fit-purpose

He's not wrong..  I had a meeting this week and I noticed a key identical to my Octavia's on the desk but it turned out it was a Golf key.  We got talking and she told me all about the issues she was having with the SOS call feature where it had called the emergency services a number of times all on it's own.  She'd been told by VW that it was something to do with the 5G network in London which she didn't believe as it had happened on a trip down in Cornwall.  It's a short term lease car whilst she waits for her SEAT to be delivered so is now wondering if she's going to go through the same pain with that now that I've told her the issues are not limited to VW.

Mine has just had 2 and a half days back with the dealer for updates and this is where I am now.

Apparently some cars won't accept software version 1810.

Mine was registered at the end of March.

Only driven it home from the dealers so far so no updates as to any issues being resolved.

20211202_141820.jpg

9 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

Mine has just had 2 and a half days back with the dealer for updates and this is where I am now.

Apparently some cars won't accept software version 1810.

Mine was registered at the end of March.

Only driven it home from the dealers so far so no updates as to any issues being resolved.

20211202_141820.jpg

Ok so a March 2021 model will accept the latest updated but earlier models may not. Which indicates that older hardware maybe unfit for duty. Replacement could I guess cost £1000. I cant see a replacement being agreed under warranty without a struggle. Time will tell. I have 22 months of warranty remaining. In future I shall test drive any a new car MIB to my satisfaction before purchase. Any misgivings and I’ll walk away

So with all these continuing issues and no real end in sight. I have a VWFS lease and  as of yesterday complained and told them of my many woes and that they were not unique to me or the car. I said on the call that if i had even just one of these faults with say a new TV ( software) i would return the set to the store immediately. I told them that i have had the car at the dealers 8 times in the 9 months of lease and i believed i had been more than patient waiting for a successful outcome.

VWFS said , what be a successful outcome for you.

So i asked for a full refund of all 9 monthly payments emphasising that consumers are not the beta software testers for the goods they sell and in fact the car fails the sales of goods act on the point of fit for purpose.

I also asked for an extended warranty should the car get fixed. Finally saying if it cannot be fixed at the next dealer visit then it needs to be full rejection. I really dont want this as i love the mechanics and drive of the car and the attention from other car fans.

I await their call and the next steps. If i get to the point of rejection its onwards to full electric and for me that's sad as the VRS was to be my last petrol indulgence knowing that electric was the next car. 

• Like 1

Sadly having just got my car back the locag garage thinks the ACC fault is 'normal' behaviour and how its meant to work, staggering the lack of knowledge or staggering they think they can fob customers off with such dangerous rubbish. Latest software, latest MIB and still the ACC has issues 50% of the time. Its frustrating it will be fine for two wekks then half way through a journey it flips and thins it should be driving on the other side of the road!