Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

1 hour ago, Jugaroo said:

while it would make sense, the issue was not happening on the infotainments that came from the factory with the software lower than 1896.

for instance, mine was produced in Nov 2021, I have updated the infotainment in 2023 and the issues started after the 1896 update. I never had one single reboot until the update.

from 1900 to 1940? Highly doubt that we’ll see this version that early. If that is the correct one for our cars.

Both VW and Seat went from 1899 to 1940. Skoda follows the same path as it is the same system 

From what I can see the clever guys already updated the MIB3 Infotainment  to 1941 on  VW Mk8:

Is anybody aware of such procedure for SK too?

Related Article:
https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-hardware-and-software-updates.391952/page-72

Edited by djmartzian
  • Like 1

Just now, djmartzian said:

From what I can see the clever guys already updated the MIB3 Infotainment  to 1941 on  VW Mk8:

Is anybody aware of such procedure for SK too?

Procedure is the same but firmware is not available yet 

• Like 1

It will be very useful to get access to the firmware file and to do the update by yourself, like a normal smartphone, OR to received it via OTA update. If not, the remaining option is a trip to your dealer and loose minimum half a day there 🙃

• Like 1

Mine did an update a few days ago and has now started doing random restarts, not that it bothers me that much. Just a bit strange why it has started doing it puzzles me. 

Is there a way to do a system reset, like on the Mk3?

Ta. 

5 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine did an update a few days ago and has now started doing random restarts, not that it bothers me that much. Just a bit strange why it has started doing it puzzles me. 

Is there a way to do a system reset, like on the Mk3?

Ta. 

What is your current software version

So... ask me in 100 years what hasn't changed, and I'll tell you Skoda still doesn't bother to update software after doing changes to the car. Same as previous time (different workshop though) they changed my media control unit. Unsurprisingly I got the same part number, same H56 and... software 1668 :D So till next visit to a workshop I have no even wireless android auto and same all bugs with switching users and random errors popping up when car starts up. How tired I am of all this bs.

I just found this thread as my car (Octavia Mk4 2020) has the same restarting infotainment issues since I purchased it about two months ago. It went to the garage on Friday for diagnostics which they claim they fixed a hanging cable bundle near the rear parking sensors and performed a "software update" - they've not updated anything from what I can see, which is backed up by a before and after scans from VCDS which show the same software versions on everything - just fewer faults that presumably they cleared off.

On 31/05/2023 at 11:16, Rainesh said:

Do you know when the firmware will be available to us?

FWIW when I spoke to Skoda Connect in April about issues with becoming the Primary User they actually told me:

This issue is already known, and it will be fixed as part of SW 1940. Which will be released in the 25th calendar week of 2023.

They mentioned 1940, it's possible it's jumped by 1 since then - but if their time is valid, my reading of the calendar is the week beginning the 19th of June.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Melair said:

They mentioned 1940, it's possible it's jumped by 1 since then - but if their time is valid, my reading of the calendar is the week beginning the 19th of June.

Frankly, I have doubts they will upgrade 2020 cars to this version. Haven't seen one upgraded past 1896, while 1899 and 1900 exist. Might be that hardware won't support further SW versions.

So mine is back to restarting too so another one to prove the radio station logo workaround isn’t an actual workaround 🤦🏻‍♂️ mine rebooted twice the other day inside of 5 minutes of driving off. It’s bloody garbage really. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Actually something I wanted to ask others if they've seen - I'm pretty sure one side effect of the infotainment crashing is that Adaptive Cruise Control defaults back to right hand drive until the ignition is cycled.

This causes the undertake prevention to incorrectly kick in when overtaking on a motorway - it'll also undertake as a result. I don't know if it matters if ACC was on at the time of the crash, for me I always activated ACC after a infotainment crash.

• Like 1

Today I drove 3km to the store and the multimedia restarted 2x, it even restarted 2x on the way back.

Is this normal?  Of course I use Android auto wirelessly, listen to music and automatically use waze.

This evening mine restarted 3 times in the same journey.

Usually it's only once at the start of the journey but this time it was 3 times, about 2 minutes apart. The "Error Park Distance" message also displays on the virtual cockpit as the restart happens.

My passenger tried to video after the 3rd time but of course it didn't do it again!

• Like 3

I don't have so much statistics as you guys, since mine isn't my daily drive, but as I posted before: my system was fine for several months, until one of the updates this spring was installed.

Since then I'd say there's a 30-40% chance that the infotainment restarts right after the start of the engine. Yesterday I had a 100% record: 2 infotainment reboots for 2 engine starts. In some cases the infotainment reboot is accompanied by "Sound system error" on the dashboard; I don't remember seeing the "Error Park Distance" message.

10 hours ago, Combi_NX5 said:

yes, I also have an error about parking assistance, but it depends on how fast you drive at the time of restart. if I'm on the highway, then such an error does not appear.

That's a good observation; I think I see the same when it happens on the motorway but I'll keep an eye on it when it next happens at speed.

Mine started also to restart after the last update, but I have one more to add. It does it also when the car is locked. So the whole night it was rebooting or the radio was working. very strange.

Made videos, will send them to the service.

You can not even drive in quiet, it restarts all the time.(starts up, radio works for 2-5secs, then reboot again, shows the main user, starts the radio and then again reboots....)

Tried fuse 19. Fuse 19 and 30. nothing helps.

The feeling is like someone is always clicking on the on\off button on the radio\multimedia. 

Hope the update will come ASAP,

• Like 1
  • Crying 1
  • Groan 1

Just got mine back from Skoda after getting a software 'update' to apparently fix the rebooting.

Of course it's still doing it. I think they just clear the codes and so nothing just to get me out the door again.

Now Start Stop system failure too. Joy.

Really fed up with this car. It's been in 4 times now and it's an hour and a half round trip for me.

BTW, anyone had issues with the plastic trim where the seatbelt enters by the door? 

Had the drivers side fixed a while back because it detached and wouldn't clip back in and today the passenger side has detached and also won't clip back in!

Non stop issues. I just feel sad every time I drive it.

• Sad 2

I work in IT, and there is no way at all that if this was a problem with a fleet of kit I look after, I wouldn't be all over this. I am really concerned that dealers don't seem to know about the issue, surely many of them drive fleet cars with the same shoddy issues. I am so concerned that chip shortages and delays mean corners were cut, but I so hope it's just software glitches. But I feel like they would be sorted much quicker 😞 I have had at least 4 update notifications since picking up the car in Feb, none of them have helped. Mine incidentally also normally 'pops' the speaker subtlety, but almost always also shows the PDC warning on the virtual dash too before rebooting. I really don't want to go to the dealer so I hope this is SW and they get some proper developers in to fix this ASAP. My car has done less than 1000 miles to put some context to this, and I'd say 1 in 3 journeys I have at least one of these reboots.