Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

36 minutes ago, Rainesh said:

The new version 1941 has been released. I still need to install it on a car. Who ever wants to install it, sent me a pm. 

You mean released with SK code officially for Skoda? Or just taking over the VW one? Thank you! 

I have a feeling that ŠKODA doesn't know about this problem at all. There is probably no time to return to the problems of an "outdated" model. It is easier to draw new models and dream about income and profit. Maybe the staff is so old that they don't understand anything about modern technologies and their operation? I'm sorry, but this is not the service I want to receive. Yes, I am aware that I have not bought a premium segment car, but I'm sorry... 🤦‍♂️

It is the third day after re-connecting the phone to multimedia. 

These days I use BT, WIFI connection for AA and this morning the multimedia restart happened in the first minute of the trip.  How thin it is for me. 🤯

• Like 2
  • Groan 1

3 hours ago, Roman_K said:

I hope my experience how I solved reboots will be useful for someone. I had the problem within 1 min after start engine, sometimes 2 times one by one. I changed user settings from default to “not share my position), it’s mode after incognito with letter “i” on the picture. It disabled some services like traffic jams and parking positions but no restarts since that time.

Will this not affect the operation of škoda connect, where I can see the location of the car?

34 minutes ago, Rainesh said:

Official Skoda. You cant install original VW firmware on a Skoda or Seat. 

Ok, sound good! Thanks for the clarification! Really looking forward to know what the outcome after getting the 1941 sw update is!

1 hour ago, Rainesh said:

The new version 1941 has been released. I still need to install it on a car. Who ever wants to install it, sent me a pm. 

Any advice on how to get it via dealer's workshop?
I mean, usually no matter what you ask for, they 'know better' what to do. I'm supposed to come for an update, but my guess they will again install 1896 even if ask for 1941. So, perhaps there is a list of specific issues I'd need to mention for them to install this one?

5 minutes ago, Edela said:

Any advice on how to get it via dealer's workshop?
I mean, usually no matter what you ask for, they 'know better' what to do. I'm supposed to come for an update, but my guess they will again install 1896 even if ask for 1941. So, perhaps there is a list of specific issues I'd need to mention for them to install this one?

You will ideally want to go online on erWin, pay for 1 hour to locate to correct TPI document from the vast sea of them.

With that you will see "customer complains of...." to give you example.

Even then, sometimes you need to specify the TPI number, or print it out.

They might even moan that you shouldn't have it, but that's dealer bravo sugar.

Next issue is not every dealer/country has the release yet, it can take a while to filter down to each system.

I have mentioned to @Rainesh this phenomenon, of a week difference.  So best try to locate TPI now, or in a week, though I suspect TPI exists.

1 minute ago, varooom said:

You will ideally want to go online on erWin, pay for 1 hour to locate to correct TPI document from the vast sea of them.

That is what I will try to do, thanks. My problem is that since I'm connecting to erwin from Spain, all the documents are in Spanish which I don't understand much, and it doesn't switch to other languages. It is not that easy to find anything there, but worth trying, of course.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, varooom said:

Well someone will eventually go online and find this document

I just logged in and had a good search, there's nothing mentioning 1941 attached to my VIN.

2069590/2 - MIB OI – resets, MIB outages (15-May-2023)
2065556/8 - MIB OI various complaints concerning functions (SW17xx and 18xx) (26-Oct-2022)

These both mention 1896, which is what I'm running - but, this could also be related to the fact I'm on HW56, and there's nothing more recent available for it.

That said, it's my first time using erWin, and I was looking under "Repair and Servicing Information".

• Love it! 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Melair said:

2069590/2

That was the one following which they replaced MCU in my car. Did you download the document and could share it with us, by any chance?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Combi_NX5 said:

Will this not affect the operation of škoda connect, where I can see the location of the car?

It will. Personally, I don’t need them. For me stable car play and radio are more important

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Edela said:

That was the one following which they replaced MCU in my car. Did you download the document and could share it with us, by any chance?

I did and can - it'll need editing before I can share it, but it's not really that useful IMO. I just describes deploying a recovery firmware and 1896 IIRC. It doesn't mention switching out the MIB or any other unit - that was probably done talking to Skoda Tech.

1 hour ago, Melair said:

I did and can - it'll need editing before I can share it

I can edit to remove your VIN and any personal information if you don't have the tools.

PM the file if you wish me to do the surgery 🤝

But it does sound like it is not mentioning 1941 upgrade as you say.

• Crying 1

Short update from my side:
Today, I've been calling some dealers in my country, around my vicinity, and I can truly say that I'm very very disappointed about the VAG services. None of them was able to tell me if the MCU will receive an update or NOT, and which version it will be installed if any "available" (we all know better that the guys from the front office that the 1941firware is out of the door). They proposed the classic/standard procedure: bring the call to the dealer, the technical engineer is going to connect on-line with SK servers and proceed from there and in case of any failures the MCU will be replaced (covered by warranty). The next available slot is not early than next Thursday (so I still have time to decide if I'm planning to spent half of day in their lobby!).  What surprised me: some dealers where unaware of these reboot issues with the infotainments and one the them told me that I shall must be aware that extra taxes can be applied to my invoice with the pretext of diagnostics first when I bring the car to them (I just hung up the phone when I hear that).

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

On 14/06/2023 at 16:21, varooom said:

I can edit to remove your VIN and any personal information if you don't have the tools.

PM the file if you wish me to do the surgery 🤝

But it does sound like it is not mentioning 1941 upgrade as you say.

Having reread it, it doesn't apply to those of us with random restarts during journeys. It applies to people with MIBS that continiously reboot or wont boot. I suspect in @Edela's case the firmware failed to fix their problem, so they replaced the MIB.

But here it is anyway - sorry last night I had to work late and between that and a kido it wasn't until now I got to it.

TPI2069590-2.pdf

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Melair said:

Having reread it, it doesn't apply to those of us with random restarts during journeys. It applies to people with MIBS that continiously reboot or wont boot. I suspect in @Edela's case the firmware failed to fix their problem, so they replaced the MIB.

But here it is anyway - sorry last night I had to work late and between that and a kido it wasn't until now I got to it.

TPI2069590-2.pdf 490.25 kB · 11 downloads

This actually helped solve the mystery of a file I see quite a few weeks back.

"5FMIBOIRECOVER"

Which has this Software String

MOI3_RECOV_R9900L

And has a version of 1920 which I always thought as odd as it is higher than 1896

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rainesh said:

OTA will be available in a couple of weeks. Offline version always comes first. 

What I have to do to have such OTA update? While having this car, I had a dozen of updates coming, but non were affecting software version or anything visibly at all, except maybe shop and manuals.

14 hours ago, Melair said:

Thank you!

I guess my reboots fall into the category of "random reboots".
So far haven't happened more then 3 times in a day, and if I recall, most if not all, at the beginning of the journey shortly after the map/navigation services loaded and/or the phone connected wirelessly.

BTW - this bug exposes a great potential feature for the VC depiction - higher dial transparency 

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-16 at 12.28.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-16 at 12.23.26 (1).jpeg

8 minutes ago, Edela said:

What I have to do to have such OTA update? While having this car, I had a dozen of updates coming, but non were affecting software version or anything visibly at all, except maybe shop and manuals.

Thank you!

Actually I did get an OTA update to the infotainment system the day after I picked up the car - the system got upgraded to version 1900 just I was playing with the car and configuration in general in the parking lot. This was happening on May 6th

• Like 1