What fuel consumption are you getting please.

16 hours ago, petrolcan said:

900 miles to the last tank, mostly motorway. I'm now determined to do a trip and attempt to get 1000 miles :laugh:

I've done the 1000 to a tank with 20 mile range showing. I put a little over 70.5 litres in when I filled up.

I think driven really carefully I might get between 1100 to 1200 miles on a tank, another reason why I chose a Superb.

1569896534_1000untillrefill.thumb.jpg.7c5ae6e3dc4cbebf90f03f2369cdd4e9.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gabbo said:

Remember the main contributor to fuel economy is the driver.

Whilst some may be able to achieve impressive figures you should have an idea what kind of driver you are & your typical usage.

I couldn't agree more. Personally I much prefer the gentle and smooth approach these days, I have no interest in racing away from lights, etc etc, and I stick to the 70mph limit on motorways which make up a lot of my mileage.

All of us can post impressive economy figures for the odd trip here and there, but what really counts (to me) are the long term 99:99 hours/minutes of driving time figures which indicated a far more realistic overall consumption figure.

I have seen around 75mpg on some drives, but being realistic I average around the 65mpg (ish) figure long term.

• Like 1

63mpg over 18k miles including a couple of thousand with a roofbox on highland roads. Best I have had is 81mpg , that's lots of coasting down motorway hills and 62mph on the gas. Loving the superb life!

my Superb 220 (TSi) MY17 has been averaging 8.4L / 100 km, over the past 6 yrs plus.

i regularly get between 750 to 820 km per full tank, using 98 RON.

most i've done is 984km on a single tank, with 0 left on the Range indicator.

with a Stg 1 ECU + DSG tune, i'm no light-footed driver!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/08/2023 at 02:29, petrolcan said:

900 miles to the last tank, mostly motorway. I'm now determined to do a trip and attempt to get 1000 miles :laugh:

This brought a smile to my face!

This is my only disappointment with the Octavia that the fuel tank was so small.

I've been chasing but never been brave enough to reach 1000km from my Octavia.

It was a small part of the decision to go for a superb this time. Looking forward to see what I can manage.

1.5 tsi estate. On board computer regularly shows 50+ mpg on a long motorway journey and 30+ around town. Brimming the fuel tank knocks off about 10% from these readings. Is this normal?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everybody as to what has been going on. Tried out the diesel versions, 150 and 190 bhp and have bought a L+K 150 DSG version. Not at all disappointed with its pulling power and the 150 seemed quieter. Thank you everybody for your help.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/08/2023 at 00:29, petrolcan said:

Your figures from a 190TDi are absolutely phenomenal!

I Managed to squeeze 880 out of my 190TDi DSG, also in August.. (Range showed 15 miles left).

I'd be interested to know what your winter figures look like? Mine tend to a be Night and day difference with the winter mix of fuel and colder weather.

The combination of these 2 factors scrubs 100 miles off that range, for me at least.

It means more if people say what their cars Tank Capacity is given as, it does not include up the pipe.

Then if they started with a bimmed tank how many litres did it take to brim again after the miles covered. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GordoGT said:

I Managed to squeeze 880 out of my 190TDi DSG, also in August.. (Range showed 15 miles left).

I'd be interested to know what your winter figures look like? Mine tend to a be Night and day difference with the winter mix of fuel and colder weather.

The combination of these 2 factors scrubs 100 miles off that range, for me at least.

5 hours ago, GordoGT said:

Over winter I've been getting about 750(ish) miles to a tank before topping up. That said, that's local running around and a bit of motorway. Worst tank I had was about 650 miles just after I installed a tuning & pedal boxes and was just having fun :D 

5 hours ago, Rooted said:

It means more if people say what their cars Tank Capacity is given as, it does not include up the pipe.

Then if they started with a bimmed tank how many litres did it take to brim again after the miles covered. 

Honestly no clue what my tank capacity is, I just fill it up when required. I do tend to brim it too.

Ideally, I'd like to warm up the car, fill up and hit the motorway on my next long trip to see if 1000 is possible.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Rooted said:

So for reference. I tend not to go below 75miles remaining, 40 minimum Unless I'm trying to prove a point with 'Brim to empty' Range.

My receipts generally show 64-66 Litres on a Fill-up. (I'm assuming that mine is a 70 Litre Fuel Tank).

• Thanks 1

spritmonitor.de gives good statistics on fuel consumption depending on car model and engine.

Thus you can compare easily.

Additionally, they propose a smartphone app, that enables you to monitor, fuel consumption, costs, etc. depending on how fine you want to monitor your car. ;) 

During some of the fuel shortages, 60mph was strongly recommended by the motoring organisations as a maximum speed.

my last Yeti diesel (if I remember correctly) did 30-37 towing our caravan going one way against the wind and the return 

with the wind. Solo 50-57 depending on traffic.

On 27/01/2024 at 16:26, Rooted said:

@petrolcanyou surely (Shirley) look at how many litres go in or try to stop on a whole number or to the £1 or 50 pence.

No idea how much fuel between 900 miles? 

Genuinely, no. If it needs filling it gets filled and I tend not to check the cost or get a receipt.

I'll try to remember next time :) 

• Thanks 1

Skoda Superb mk3 190 TDI 4x4 COMBI. 7,4 l/100km. 

I use both city and radial roads. On highway 6.8 at 120km/h. at 150-160 km/h 7.2 l/100km.

Mk3 TDI190 DSG6 4x4 Combi too. 80% motorways 10% country roads, 10% city. 7,17 l/100km over 110000 km (average being calculated by Spritmonitor App).

By I think, it has become lower over the last year. I've changed my way to drive. I lift up the foot a bit. 😁

I'm now quite often below 7l/100km, even in winter. 950km with a full tank.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MPG update since i bought the car. In the last 5 months I am averaging 47-50 mpg on a mixture of rural and dual carriageways. Motorway runs which I do every few months or so give much better mileage figures at or near to the speed limits. Not too bad a t all and for I do find it so much quieter than the Mk2 2.0 tdi 170 I previously had.

• Like 1