Maybe its me but these forums feel unfriendly and unhelpful

anton

As title, i have been here many years  as i have been on other forums, don't get me wrong as a source of information its top notch but i end up just using as a read only thing due to total lack of interaction  especially from the established members , i was about to post a solution to a problem (i am tech ford qualified but in the 1980s)) then though i am going to be blanked as always why bother. 

maybe i just need more coffee this morning  

ps don't answer it will prove my point ha ha 

Anyway on with solving  this 403 code i don't think its as bad as i thought

• Confused 1

Can’t say I think so on the whole, but not every topic ends up in a place where it will get people viewing.

In other areas people get too hot under the collar about things.

You win some, you lose some.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2

Good thing with this forum is the ignore user settings.

Been way better for me since I discovered that. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, anton said:

i was about to post a solution to a problem (i am tech ford qualified but in the 1980s)) then though i am going to be blanked as always why bother.

Why would I post an addendum to your solution, or even a thank you, unless I had something relevant to say?

• Like 2

Well I am definitely gaining experience in things going wrong with Roomsters the 1.6 TDI has been a nightmare think I am being over sensitive maybe.

Screenshot_2024-03-14-09-39-01-50_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.140882cc84d9bf35d988095de3698f59.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, anton said:

Well I am definitely gaining experience in things going wrong with Roomsters the 1.6 TDI has been a nightmare think I am being over sensitive maybe.

Screenshot_2024-03-14-09-39-01-50_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.140882cc84d9bf35d988095de3698f59.jpg

I'm a newb here but not to motoring forums.  Sometimes, on all forums, (and email,  text or other written forms) I think the way answers are written, as if talking,  can cause an issue.  No tone of voice or facial expression to help.  Also,  the text type talk doesn't help. I'm as guilty as anyone. 

I can only voice an opinion as I find and that is its a knowledgeable forum with friendly answers (so far!!!).

I will say the search engine isn't fantastic,  but that's the same as most.  Google brings up the Briskoda thread on a subject when the site search doesn't. 

I know, when I was South West AO, on Vec C forum the search was the same.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Not helpful, @@Lee.

Why? It's a piece about how unhappy Brits have become. Unhappy people are less likely to be helpful friendly people but suit yourself.

Edited by @Lee

22 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Why? It's a piece about how unhappy Brits have become. Unhappy people are less likely to be helpful friendly people but suit yourself.

You appear to be an unhappy Brit but living in Germany? So how would you register in the statistics?

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

1 minute ago, Gerrycan said:

You appear to be an unhappy Brit but living in Germany? So how would you register in the statistics?

I'm pretty happy as it goes tbh. 

Yeah tbh  just the search has helped me many times, the wire that breaks near the alternator on the charging circuit was massively helpful on my old SDI fabia 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I'm pretty happy as it goes tbh. 

Prove it! Where's your happy emoticon? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, anton said:

Yeah tbh  just the search has helped me many times, the wire that breaks near the alternator on the charging circuit was massively helpful on my old SDI fabia 

Load sensor wire? Very common failure on the MkI Fabia. The other common question for the MkI is people not knowing what the 'On' tab in the driver's side cubby is for :D 

13 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Load sensor wire? Very common failure on the MkI Fabia. The other common question for the MkI is people not knowing what the 'On' tab in the driver's side cubby is for :D 

as im not familiar with the mk1 Furby, please explain :D

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

as im not familiar with the mk1 Furby, please explain :D

No :D  ;) 

I believe it regulates the charge from the alternator to the battery to keep it charged. There's a battery light on the dash which appear if it senses an issue with the system and the load sensor wire is a common failure. 

Turns out if you Google 'alternator load sensor wire' this very site is the top result with a link to the Fabia MkI forum
Capture.PNG.bb97d0b077e88dfffc6b5b0b65635cf7.PNG

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 3