Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

I know horners are taking their time although i have been told it "should be any day now" but go figure.

So long as I have it before the 13th (my Bday) I'll be happy, or at least before my rear brakes on my micra ware out! Haha

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've had enough.

My dealer still hasn't had a single car yet. Order was placed in febuary and I was 4th on the list.

Can't see it coming any time soon so cancelled the order. Went to the suzuki garage, will have a car by before the end of next week.

Not sure weather Skoda UK or the local dealer are to blame but I'm not happy about the whole farse.

My parents are considering doing the very same today if they don't get the offer of a courtesy car meantime.

Surely if you want one then be prepared to travel - I know a dealer that had one in the showroom ready to go. Decent number too. I'm sure there are others if you do your homework.

As for the towbar I think you'll find none of them should have been putting tow bars on them so you were lucky to find one out of your three local ones.

Got a call off my dealer yesterday morning and he tells me mine is allocated for middle of the week, he also told me that all the remaining cars/numbers were put on the system early last week and when they went to place their orders/numbers, the system crashed. So basically you get what your given, with reguards car numbers. In other words i'm not getting the number i wanted.:mad:

But at least i'm getting nearer to getting my car.:)

Delivery is the oddest thing about Skoda IMO. How many other 'mainstream' manufacturers take so long from order to delivery. I know that it does make some people go elswhere for their car, VW for example

Delivery is the oddest thing about Skoda IMO. How many other 'mainstream' manufacturers take so long from order to delivery. I know that it does make some people go elswhere for their car, VW for example

Even odder is the fact we all know they are in the country. I feel lucky to have got my one.Also I saw my one just after it was dropped off,it was absolutley filthy,looked like it had been in a ralley.God knows where they are storing them

Hi Guys

Don't want to sound toooooo smug but got my SE on Thursday, well worth the wait though.

I'm thinking about getting it 'chipped'. I'm new to all this and would welcome any thoughts on, best company, expected cost etc. Don't want to go too mad though.

Only found REVo or JABBA Sport so far. Anyone recommend any others? I like personal recommendations you know that if someone says they are good they must be.

Also getting the new spings/dampers and possibly upgrading the brakes.

Cheers

John

Surely if you want one then be prepared to travel - I know a dealer that had one in the showroom ready to go. Decent number too. I'm sure there are others if you do your homework.

As for the towbar I think you'll find none of them should have been putting tow bars on them so you were lucky to find one out of your three local ones.

I got mine on Friday :) but the dealer told me that SUK will not let them sell the showroom car until they have got all the allocated cars (14) but all is not rosie as they took delivery of 3 more on Friday that's 5 in total with the showroom car but cannot give any delivery dates for the other's with 11 cars sold someone will be in for a wait.

Well I've had enough.

My dealer still hasn't had a single car yet. Order was placed in febuary and I was 4th on the list.

Can't see it coming any time soon so cancelled the order. Went to the suzuki garage, will have a car by before the end of next week.

Not sure weather Skoda UK or the local dealer are to blame but I'm not happy about the whole farse.

SUK have admitted they've bugg3red this up. It hasn't gone how they planned it at all. I even rang them during the wait for mine as my dealer just seemed to have no clue whatsoever what was going on. SUK claimed that every dealer should have had one by then. My dealer hadn't beacause it hadn't gone the way SUK had planned it. The first one is just allocated to them, its not the dealers fault if they don't have it yet. Mine was 2nd on the list and when it roller up the dealer wasn't even expecting it as it had been put on his stock the night before after he'd gone home!

I picked up mine on Friday - having been fortunate enough to have been given a courtesy car since beginning of March - and have been out in it ever since! I think the allocation of seat numbers became a logistic nightmare and therefore decided to take which ever came in first......For those waiting, stay patient - they do seem to just arrive out of the blue and the wait is well worth it!

I dropped into the dealer on Saturday, just to rub salt in, to tell them I would have bought it if it came with the options I have on my current vRS.

Number 200 sat there waiting for someone (else) :rofl:

14724.attach

Just picked mine up from Alex Lawrie Skoda (Liverpool) this afternoon. They took delivery of around 8 SE's on Monday and are PDI'ing the rest of them like mad - over the next few days.

Sad to see my Red '06 vRS go.. but the LE's metallic blue / window tints & leather seats are gorgeous!

I'm off to the Engine stutter sticky-thread..

:rofl:

or collect one free from you local Skoda dealer. :D

Saw one on the road on Saturday pm in Hitchin (Herts) - Smart! :cool:

I hope you picked it up and put it in a litter bin? :rofl:

I'm finally collecting mine next Tuesday (the car not a brochure) once my personalised number plate's been transferred. It had better be good after waiting all this time!!!! No choice of the issue number after all that hype about being able to request specific number but frankly I'm not bothered (although why Skoda told dealers they could do this and then didn't set up a proper system is beyond me.)

The only thing that'll take the shine off my new car is that I'm also getting a 2nd hand motorbike on Sunday for cummuting (wifey's using the vRS for work) & the bike will do 0 - 60 in about 4 seconds so the Furby will seem a bit sluggish after riding that.

:orb_duh: