"You're too young to be driving around in a Skoda estate.........."

I'm Graham, I'm on my first Skoda, can still remember the rep they had back in the 70's and 80's ... all the jokes such as:-

Why does a Skoda have a heated rear window... to keep your hands warm when you're pushing it.

WHat do you call a soft top Skoda.... A skip...

etc...

etc...

etc...

Glad to say that I am more than pleased with my Superb.

Oh and btw... my other half says my "true" age is somewhere between 12 and 16 .... she thinks she's funny lol.

Currently 30 but had an octy estate since the age of 24. Haven't had age comments but always get the 'you're so small for such a big car' comments. I'm a 5'2 midget..... Lol they tend to change their minds about me not needing a big car when they see the hell hounds tho lol

• 3 months later...

Too young? Pfsh.. I'm 20 and drive a 2010 Superb Estate. Definately not a common choice of a first-time car, but it sure is one of the better ones. Besides, I never had an eye for a '85 Golf, I take care of my toys, and this toy has a lot of handy space. Besides, it looks beautiful.

(Apologies for necro, but I felt like jumping in)

69 5 days ago, on 5th. superb, 1 MKI, 1 MkII,  Hatchback, 1 MKII Estate, 1 Hatchback L&K, 1 MKII Facelift Estate L&K. The original grumpy old man, the TV series must have been modelled on me. Why have an Audi, which is only the poor mans Skoda, the Skoda is just as good if not better,  Also the Skoda has indicators, a speedo, rearview mirrors, and a volume control, all seem to be optional extras, Audi's are also exempt from mobile phone laws,

Just yesterday I was doing a VCDS job on a Golf VII. It had the 1.6 Bluemotion engine, but R-line spec, and ofcourse it was slammed, 4 ridiculous fat stretched tyres on 4 ridiculous aftermarket blingy (kerbed) rims, (badly) tinted windows, a wide sun-band across the windshield, some silly stickers, cheap blue LED's everywhere.

I was talking to the owner (who confessed he'd rather had the 2.0 but his parents wouldn't let him), and while fiddling about with VCDS (enabling his US-indicators, ofcourse...) I mumbled something about while I like the golf, my 6ft6 frame and my dog really like the Superb estate.

"Oh yeah I like estates too, just not for my age"

I asked him how old he was, he said he was 20.

I'm 28.

I feel old now.

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1

70 next year - just about to take delivery of a 2.0 TDI CR 170 Elegance.  Sorry guys - it's for the elderly!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Guys as the saying go's age is only a number. I am 44 this year ( where the time go) I have been driving Skoda's in one flavour or another since 2000 see below!!! Ordering a Fully loaded Superb estate 170 in Elegance trim at the end of the month as I am missing the comfort,quietness on long journeys, the mk3 Octy VRS is garbage at long distance trips!!

• Like 1

You younger owners could have a bit of a giggle with this,

Next time say this,

How old do you think I am?

wait for the answer, i.e about 28?

28! 28! I wish, I'm 53 young man/lady but I do moisturise a lot with combo of Slick 50 and Olay

This is where the shocked look makes it's appearance with a NEVER! exclaimed,

Now really ram it home,

I chose an estate because so many younger ladies in their early 20's pester me thinking I am younger and I can't take em home as the missus will get annoyed and the rear suspension is really robust on the Superb so it was a no brainer, then walk away but glance back for the mouth wide open look on their face. :D

Edited by Supurbia
  • Like 1

33 and a 2014 Superb Estate TDI 170 4x4, that's my second Superb. Planning to replace the other car at home (2012 VW Jetta) to a Superb sedan 3.6 V6 :P

Edited by Amazonas

• 3 weeks later...

HI I AM 25 AND HAVE HAD MINE (SUPERB) FOR 11 MONTHS  PURCASED AT THE AGE OF 24. PRIOR TO THAT I DROVE A OCTY 2 ESTATE IN BEIGE FOR 3 YEARS AND I GOT THE SAME COMMENTS OF IT BEING AN OLDER PERSONS CAR

• 2 weeks later...

I am 33, and having the car since 2012. I was thinking about CC also but the price the same equipment - elgance vs. highline was 4.000€ So I picked up Superb. I am using it to travel around Europe. Also I am having bad talks about why so big car - me alone. For that money its very good car compared to Octy2, pleasent place to be, powerful, running costs excellent, soundsystem, very stable ride, you dont need to play tetris when moving 1000kms :)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my first Skoda at the age of 24 (an Octavia SDi no less) and now on my 3rd Skoda, a Superb estate at the age of 35 and I love it. To be honest I have never cared what people think about the car I drive. I needed a big car due to an expanding family and would rather a large estate to a people carrier. I refuse to buy a people carrier as I think you are just showing that you have given up in life. The Superb estate fits the bill as it has a large boot and loads of leg room in the back so my kids cant kick the back of my seat! It also looks great and is cheap to run. What more could you want?

I was 36 and SWMBO 31, two years ago when we bought the superb combi to cart around our new born son and all his stuff.

We never had any comments that were age relegated, but did get the usual badge-snob comments along the lines of:

Comment:"why did you change your audi A4 for a skoda?"

My reply:"...because it is newer, bigger, better equipped and I appreciate value not the badge."

Comment:"Yeah. But it's a skoda."

My final response: I smile and end conversation with less knowledgeable person.

Paul

:-)

Edited by pmk76
  • Like 3