Skip to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 19/09/26 in all areas

  1. Your battery is an 096 EFB 70 Ah. Any reputable brand meeting this spec will be OK. If you change battery spec (to AGM or a different Ah capacity) then it MUST be coded. I have used batteries from VARTA an YUASA, supplied by TAYNA in the UK. It WILL WORK if fitted without coding but as PetrolDave said it SHOULD be coded in order to ensure correct operation of charging by the cars Battery Management System. I cannot say whether this is the only problem, but if there are other problems they cannot be dealt with until the battery is performing properly. If all is well when new battery is fitted you will probably get all sorts of alarm warnings and fault codes but these should clear themselves in just a few minutes when the car is started and driven.
  2. I carried out several online searches about this, relating to Skoda Fabia Mk4s and to the equivalent-age VW Polos, but the results were inconclusive with it being suggested that a pad-wear warning system might not be fitted to lower-spec or lower-powered cars, but could be fitted to higher-spec or more powerful models. My own Fabia Mk4 was built in late-2023 and UK-registered in April 2024. It's an SE L model, has the 999cc 3-cylinder TSI motor with a maximum power-output of 81kW/110PS/108bhp and has a DSG transmission. Braking is the UK-specification front discs and rear drums system used on Mk4 models that have the 999cc motor. I put my car on full right lock and drove the right front wheel up on to a 3-inch wooden block. Lying on my back, I was then able to get my head fully behind the front wheel, shine a powerful torch on to the brake disc and caliper and also feel around the caliper and the area near to it. There was no sensor-cabling and, consequently, no means to warn (via a dashboard warning light) if the brake-pad thickness seriously reduced. Just in case, I then did the same for the left front wheel and there was no sensor-cabling there either. As my (fairly powerful, fairly high-spec) Fabia Mk4 with 999cc motor does not have front-brake sensor cabling and @Breezy_Pete has said that his wiring diagram for a Mk4 does not mention a pad-wear sender, it now seems that (despite the brake pads-related references in the Fabia Mk4 Owner's Manuals) at least Fabia Mk4s with the disc/drum braking system probably do not have a worn brake-pads warning system that would cause a dashboard light to illuminate. I don't think Lar has ever said which motor his Mk4 has, so if it has the 1.5litre 4-cylinder power-plant and disc/disc braking system, it's possible it might have a worn-brake-pads warning system. Not too difficult check as suggested earlier, or a Skoda dealership should be able to advise.
  3. Per Bloomberg which is a pretty main news channel... https://archive.ph/vMUqP French TV. If it's worked then the subs should be in English. If not you can do it yourself in the settings. https://archive.ph/QUqT4
  4. If it is the original battery then 9 years life on a car with start/stop is pretty amazing. You SHOULD code a new battery so the Battery Management System knows straight away the capacity and can assume it's fully charged.
  5. @JR RS I think that's a question for you! 😉
  6. One thing you might not know yet but since you talked about winter tires: In snow and cold you want pro-active awd,this is only in sports mode. In normal and eco mode it is reactive awd. Makes a difference especially in snow
  7. Well folks, this is the last post on my experience of our new Superb. Hopefully, it's been of some use for those considering acquiring a Superb and maybe helpful for a few owners who, like me, have been surprised by the sheer volume of personal configuration that's possible. Pitlochry, Scotland. It's been almost a week now and here is a summary of my remaining thoughts: not so keen on the brakes which feel a bit squidgy compared to our other cars. I'll get used to it but that's not been a hit from the get go; the steering in its normal setting is incredibly light, too light for me. But the sport setting weights it up quite nicely and so that's what I have been using; the engine is sweet, albeit that I haven't opened her up yet as I want to pop 1000 miles on her first. But it is a quiet engine, both inside and outside the cabin. Low key but responsive. Just what we had hoped for; The seat massage functions will take some time for me to determine whether I like them or not. I guess it will be on a long journey that they will prove themselves one way or the other; The cabin comfort for everyone, front and back, is wonderful. You look at an SUV and think that they must be spacious but they flatter to deceive. The Superb is incredible; The boot space is equally incredible and I love the hammock for coats with the two hooks for bags on it. This works particularly well because the load space cover fold back automatically, otherwise access to the hammock would be a faff; It's thoughtful that the rear tailgate pauses while you step away before clouting you on the head when closing. The easy access foot opening sensor works every time, unlike our Velar; I have deactivated the auto approach unlock & lock system, preferring instead either to use my key fob buttons or just the door handles. It's an option that reads well in the brochure but which I find annoying as I walk near the car on our driveway - constantly locking and unlocking; This is the first car with which we have been provided with three remote keys, matching the three seat and mirror settings. And I like the ability to set up unique accounts for the car so that Mrs A and her key can have her preferred settings etc; I am overjoyed that it has proper door handles and not those stupid, point of failure pop-out handles. I will never willingly buy a car with pop-out handles if I can avoid it. They are useless, troublesome and look awful when jammed in ice; I also appreciate the straightforward simple finish on the alloy rime. My local rim refurbisher, with whom we are on first name terms, explained to me some time ago that lacquered rims are his pension fund - folk keep coming back as they suffer whiteworm from the effect of road salt. These simple rims are usually pretty rubust but are cheaper and easier to fix when scuffed; The windscreen wiper seem a bit suspect, as has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. I wonder whether the glass has any contamination from the detailers. I will clean the windscreen properly with my G-technique fluid and, if the wipers remain a bit poor, I will just order some proper Bosch ones; The Nextbase 522GW front and rear dashcams are inconspicuous and the dealer has done a good job fitting them. This is one of those items which you never hope to need, a bit like car insurance; I think that's about it. When I began this thread, back in April 2025, I asked folk whether I would regret moving from a Range Rover Velar to a Skoda Superb 265PS L&K 4x4 Estate. Was this asking too much of the Superb and Skoda? Maybe I would need to spend more on the A6, the E-Class or the 5-Series. But you guys told me what you thought and......you have been proved right. The only question I am asking myself now is.....why has it taken me so long to work this out? And perhaps more painfully, how much money could I have saved if I had made the switch earlier - perhaps Gen 3 😭. Oh well, better late than never! Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. As and when I have something interesting to report I will be back. If I spot any request for help that I can answer then I will do so. Best wishes. PS. New Faraday Box on order for delivery next week!
  8. The advantage of this would be that, for instance, you could virtually mount the user partition in Linux and extract the `system.ifs` file from it. This means you could theoretically patch the system directly; no discrepancy would be detected, and the system would boot up and function perfectly. I hope the explanation is detailed enough now. Perhaps this is of interest: @travs @JR RS @Binx1310 @Bap33 abd Others
  9. All over French news outlets and some other European mainland ones. Apparently Macron asking for more releases of strategic reserves..... Please no panic buying as important community services rely on buying fuel, particularly diesel, from public fuel stations as not all having their own storage tanks like truck firms tend to have...... energynews.proFrench Government Rules Out Shortage Despite Fuel Price S...France's government rules out a fuel shortage despite record prices and rising outages at TotalEnergies stations.Minister Maud Bregeon says 90% of French filling stations remain supplied, as diesel prices near record highs and TotalEnergies faces higher shortage rates. France's junior minister for Energy, Maud Bregeon, said Tuesday, September 15, on France 2 that fuel supply remained broadly under control nationwide, despite a surge in pump prices. According to her, 90% of filling stations reported no supply difficulty, while 10% signaled the absence of at least one fuel. A strained network still largely supplied. The government's availability tracking website recorded 13% of filling stations experiencing shortages on Monday, September 14, up from 8% on September 12. This tracking covers diesel or gasoline outages declared by station operators, excluding stations temporarily closed for other reasons. TotalEnergies-branded stations appear particularly exposed: based on data available Tuesday, 86% of them were out of at least one fuel, a situation attributed to the price cap applied by the group. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/aramco-halts-october-crude-deliveries-some-european-refiners-after-pipeline-2026-09-18/ "Saudi Arabia earlier informed European customers that some crude cargoes would be cancelled after drone attacks forced the shutdown of its East-West pipeline, damaging three pumping stations and disrupting oil loadings at the Red Sea port of Yanbu. The disruption has prompted customers including Poland's ‌Orlen (PKN.WA), opens new tab ⁠to seek alternative crude supplies, with traders saying the refiner bought North Sea grades to replace disrupted Saudi imports."
  10. Skoda used to be good honest cars, thedealers were good honest dealers, they were helpful, very helpful. Now I am not so sure. We have a Karoq and a Kamiq, both 22 plates. It's been mentioned before - the Kamiq, you have to control far too much via the touch screen, that for the ventilation is a massive and a potentially dangerous situation and the lag getting it to work or return to where you were times is far too long. The annual charge of £80 for updates and connected features is pathetic, the maps and speed information are wrong all over the place, satnav giving direction in contravention of a S22 - direction road sign - immediate 3 points. I raised a report about it once, their promise was a 7 day reply - well that was actually a month, then no further reply to my reply. Voice control - absolute joke! Of late I have noticed that when listening to DAB radio various stations repeatedly drop out. Now I have noticed this as I've been travelling the same routes in both our Karoq and our Kamiq - a totally inferior listening experience. I just wish I had noticed it in it's warranty. But I do have a Skoda service plan and an extended warranty. Today I rang the dealership and explained the issue, yes it is something they could look at but then burst the bubble by blabbing on about a possible charge, a not insignificant £130, I asked if the extended warranty would not cover it? We won't know until we look, was their response. So I could end up with a bill then...... Pathetic! Now I like my Karoq but I had a minor paint issue around the pseudo brake cooling vents in the front bumper, still in warranty then, sadly and from a different dealership just repeated fob-offs, perhaps it should have gone further but with way bigger life and family issues to manage - it is just a bit of plastic. Overall I am really disappointed and not feeling much love towards Skoda. I think I might cross the gap to Kia, for starters you get 7 years of updates included and give them a voice instruction and it responds immediately.
  11. I've probably said this before but Skoda have effectively been screwed over in recent years by VW Group taking thier software tech in-house and making a complete hash of it and by forcing their dealers 'upmarket' into fancy glass showrooms. They were better when neither were in place. I'd consider another Skoda in a few years when they've proved they've sorted software issues out but at present I'm happy with our 2018 Kodiaq and 2017 Citigo. If they don't get things sorted I'll be back looking at bigger Dacias or Kia / Hyundai or similar. Even a Chinese brand like Jaecoo might be on the list...
  12. Check there is a cable from car to pads. If its there there should be a wear indicator built in to pads and be connected. On my Octavia it doesnt have one but some did so you can get pads with or without indicator. If the pads fitted dont have the indicator built in and theres a cable there for it but not connected the system wont work. From memory when pads wear it makes contact with disk and turns light on. Alasdair
  13. I filled up at CostCo a couple of days ago and super has gone up 2p since then. Happily I'm not planning on going far unlike earlier this year when the prices leapt up just as I was about to drive up to Scotland on holiday.
  14. Have a look on yours (anyone with a mk4, please!), I don't own one, or I would. 🙂 Quite likely possible to get a camera phone pic without lifting vehicle, by reaching under bumper in each corner.
  15. @Breezy_Pete Dunno - based on the Owner's Manuals I'd EXPECT all Fabia Mk4 models (or any 2020-onwards car for that matter) to have a brake-pad-wear warning system. Perhaps you could do as you suggested to Lar and "Look to see if there's a wire coming from any of the inner brake pads" with your Mk4. This 2019 topic discussed Fabia Mk3 brake pads https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/468756-brake-pad-wear-sensors-on-mkiii/ so some Mk4s may have pad-wear sensors and some may not, depending on the car's specification.
  16. Amazon already have a fleet of electric HGVs and they are ideal for their usage as they go from warehouse to warehouse. Known mileages and chargers at their warehouses mean that can be charged while loading and unloading is being done ready for their return trip.
  17. Definitely not the case - these DQ250 gearboxes can take up 600Nm with the stock clutch, but needs a TCU tune to cope with additional power. Any higher n u'll need to start changing clutch hardware.
  18. Thanks @JR RS so these can take a tune quite well then, maybe I will go for the 300hp as these seems run around 230-40 stock by the look of it. Just that I have read the gearbox is limited to 350nm but not sure if that is true
  19. I have a 2025 Kodiaq noise in suspension from day 1 dealer changed shocks and 2 steering racks still the same car is non DCC.Skoda sent an engineer he said it’s a characteristic of the car. I got an independent engineer he agrees with me noise should not be there now the 2 engineers are meeting up to discuss. I have spoken to a few owners all have the same issue and getting no where fast.
  20. Gandalf (MY17 Superb 220 FWD) is currently on Stg 3, producing 400 hp 550 Nm at the wheels. Previously I ran Stg 1 for approx 5 yrs before going to Stg 2 briefly then Stg 3 last year. I've had no issues with any of the stock hardware over the many years. The Stg 1 was an APR Hi-torque tune producing 300 hp 540 Nm at the wheels. Supporting mods then were R600 intake, turbo inlet pipe and elbow. I also had a TCU tune, which made a big difference. Now I've got an IE intercooler & downpipe, Garrett Powermaxx Turbo with stronger injectors. The Galano TCU tune has a Boost-by-Gear function that is specific for the FWD, that does an impressive job putting the power down through the front wheels without wheel spin.
  21. Hi, full refueled this evening and 17th fill-up in a row under 7.0l/100km. Not that bad for a big 1840kg bear with 200HP. 🙂
  22. Took another £20 to get to full!
  23. Discs do not fail because they're lipped. Overall thickness, visible corrosion on disc surface, runout, cracking (and a few more reasons) are valid reasons to change - but your disc will start corroding at the edge the moment they're installed. 25K quite a low mileage for discs and pads but you may be an "energetic" driver or parked too close to the sea. Air-con service pretty pointless waste of money. If it works, it works; maybe worth an independent air-con specialist checking and refilling your system. They will certainly be better at it than the dealer. Strange gurglings or weak performance normal clues it needs looking at. If you survived this summer it's fine. If this is Carlisle I have had issues in the past with them. They do not ring back and there have been trust issues in the past with them. I even had the service manager ring up and apologise and state the technician in question had been "let go". Find a local independent! Full dealer service history not important as long as you have an invoice trail of work carried out. PS you are mistaken if you think VAG are that bothered about rolling out software updates for a 5 year old car.
  24. Find a decent VAG Indie. I wouldn't trust a dealer as far as I can throw them. I've been sold a crash-damaged car, and lied to more times than I can count. You're paying more money for garbage!
  25. I've been getting this too, from posts elsewhere it would appear that a download is being rolled out in batches of VINs. Today I got the message and was driving the car long enough to actually get the download downloaded and then theres a message to install it which takes 20 mins,, after that theres a further message to install the Apps which can be done in the background.
  26. Well, we have had an opportunity to do our own personal PDI on Rosie 2. And I am pleased to say that everything looks to be excellent. We had a thoroughly pleasant time at the dealership and collection is scheduled for Monday, 14 September. We are really looking forward to it. I don't want to speak too soon but, so far, I cannot fault the dealership. They have kept in touch, been professional yet personal too, and seem to have done an excellent job preparing our new car. They have treated the paintwork with the Autoglym Cerafuse protection, plus the cabin as a no cost gesture of goodwill - which is more than I expected. Preparation is key to this finish working properly and, insofar as I could tell, the paintwork was smooth to the touch of my fingers. Honestly, fingers and the sense of touch are more telling than eyes. Anyway, so far so good. My insurance with Allianz is just £247 compared to £450 for the Velar. The dealer has ordered the reversible folding boot floor, some door bins and snow chains. They have popped a second umbrella in the passenger door at no cost and they have done an excellent job fitting the Nextbase 522GW camera and rear camera. The cables are out of sight and all the roof lining is perfect, as is the A-pillar. I will need to order my winter 17" rims from Skoda Parts online because the UK importer has stopped selling them. Same for the ski sack. I have a contact there and will speak to him next week because they are EU based. They are UK VAT registered and use FedEx for delivery but they need to take the VAT at the UK rate which means a telephone call because the online portal is set up for a different foreign VAT rate. This also means that they should clear customs properly with no further duty needing to be paid. Ah, Brexit. Here are some pics. I will provide an update next week after collection. Honestly, if only I had received this service with the Range Rover dealership. I spent considerably more, even back in 2017, and subsequently.....and yet a little Skoda dealership beats them hands down! Here's hoping.
  27. Everyone who is seeing this problem should report it to the DVSA https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect That way , there's at least a chance that VAG will be forced to admit there's a problem
  28. European fuel stations running out of fuel as over 10% of them in France run out. Also Saudi, worlds larfest exporter of crude, has told Europe it will get no crude deliveries in October ! Should boost EV new and old sales which are already at record levels and cars moving off car lots faster than ice cars.
  29. Tried to fill up today but hit the pre-authorisation limit before it was full!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.