Everything posted by Warrior193
-
1.0 TSI manual: difficult to pull away smoothly
Are you sure? - the spec sheets I've seen for the Mk 4 Fabia appears to suggest drive modes are standard.
-
Lane assist and stop/start,
Interesting regarding Ctek's advice - My Ring charger combines AGM / EFB on the same setting.
-
Lane assist and stop/start,
Depending on whether you are allowing sufficient time for canbus modules to enter sleep mode before you are taking battery voltage readings, your low readings could suggest that you have a parasitic load draining your battery overnight - or it could just be that your battery is failing - have you had the battery tested? 11.94 VDC is a pretty big drop from full charge. Does your Ctek charger have a AGM/EFB setting? I ask because these batteries require a slightly higher charging voltage than standard ones.
-
Engine bay foam ends
Agree re. gas struts for the hood, makes those engine bay checks easier. I really don't get the (seemingly common) modern trend of leaving it until a warning light flags - rather than doing regular checks.
-
1.0 TSI manual: difficult to pull away smoothly
Hello gogo, welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having the throttle module scanned. One thing you could try - switch the drive mode to sport and see it that improves things.
-
Greetings!
I would just love an SM. I was on the New Caledonia Safari Rally in the 70s and saw a prototype bent like a banana after the Co-Driver miss-read the route book and they hit a wash-out at over 100MPH. IIRC, it was an updated DS23, fitted with the SM running gear - entered by a French team.
-
Serious car crash
Hello, very sorry to hear of your accident, glad you got out it with some lives left. I guess your leg has a lot of metalwork in it now - how is your recovery going? Very surprised to hear that the airbags didn't fire - even if the initial collision was 'only' a glancing hit, I would have thought that an impact sufficient to cause displacement of the pedal box and a triple roll-over should have fired them. I hope you bought yourself a lottery ticket after that - someone's looking out for you!
-
Help: Key Not Found error on 13 plate 2.0 tdi Elegance
If battery failure is the cause, it's rather puzzling why the key failed to recognise when the vehicle was hooked up for jump start.
-
Mysterious connector....!!
Does the end opposite the two wires have plug-in contacts? A pure guess, some kind of end of line resistor to simulate a module that's not required to be connected.
-
Knocking noise from engine 1.0 tsi
@ApertureS are the cam sprocket bolts disturbed during a belt change?
-
Climatronic (AC) not working
Hello Daniel, welcome to the forum. What colour is your coolant - is it discoloured? PS. I think they're taking the p**s for the coolant flush.
-
Coolant loss but no visible marks
The reason I asked if there was any sign of overheating (and consequently losing coolant) while in traffic was me wondering if the cooling fans were cutting-in - they aren't normally required at higher vehicle speeds due to the 'ram-air' effect. I'd certainly recommend checking cooling fan operation.
-
Coolant loss but no visible marks
Hello Alin, is there any sign of the engine temperature rising above normal in city traffic?
-
“Engine must be running”
I have found that you can get a reasonable test result with the battery connected - provided you allow all the modules time to go to sleep - this seems to happen on my Octavia after 5-10 mins at most. I would prefer an educated pessimistic battery condition reading any day.
-
the truth about electric cars
I once had a boat mis-fuelled with petrol (Volvo turbo-diesel) - ended up with estimated 40/60 mix! - engine ran slightly hot at full throttle, but only discovered mis-fuel, after several hours running, when I checked the tank. Fortunately, resulted in no discernible damage to the engine.
-
2010 Yeti: Ignition Jammed, now the car won't start.
Unlikely to be the immobiliser - fault is more likely to be a faulty connection on the key switch. AFAIK, engine will crank (but not fire) if immobiliser chip incorrect or faulty.
-
2010 Yeti: Ignition Jammed, now the car won't start.
Hello, welcome to the forum. Can you confirm whether the engine cranks-over on the starter motor when you turn the key?
-
the truth about electric cars
Flash point of Diesel can be even lower if contaminated with other fuels - I recall seeing tests where flash point was found to be down to near room temperatures!
-
Bloody deer...
Does the aftermarket HUD on the dash work well?
-
Linear acceleration mod AKA free tuning ;) - VCDS/OBDeleven
Hello Nik, I can see no reason why it should - AFAIK, all it does is make the throttle response match the actual pedal position. Mashing the loud pedal to the floor from a standing start probably will.
-
Gutted
Were the Police notified? They could prove whether or not she was on the phone.
-
Superb 3 - RPM Problem
Hello, welcome to the forum. It sounds as if it is attempting to do a DPF regen.
-
CBZA engine oil change question / chain tensioner draining out?
No, from what I've read in other sections of this forum, an issue can arise if the tensioner is past its best, and the vehicle is allowed to roll backwards with engine stopped and in gear. Apparently this can result in the chain jumping teeth on the chain sprocket.
-
Right price? 2009 Skoda Octavia 2.0T FSI vRS
If they're not prepared to cover excessive oil use, you should still be protected under consumer law - nice-looking car but if the warranty they are offering is as bad as you say, I'd recommend walking (or running) away.
-
Right price? 2009 Skoda Octavia 2.0T FSI vRS
Hi welcome to the forum, if you do go ahead with purchase, strongly advise taking it on an extended road trip, while under warranty, to check for excessive oil use. Insist on rejection for this reason being part of any warranty offered. I'd be interested in hearing of their reaction. Does the service history give any information regarding cam chain and tensioner replacement?