What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

I removed the MDI kit. it's long been redundant and just rattling around in the glove box.

Should save me about £5 a year in diesel not having to carry it around too. Oh yeah, party time baby!

I removed the MDI kit. it's long been redundant and just rattling around in the glove box.

Should save me about £5 a year in diesel not having to carry it around too. Oh yeah, party time baby!

Got mine in the glovebox too.

Tempted to upgrade the stereo to one with bluetooth and memory card/usb. Can do away with it then

Got mine in the glovebox too.

Tempted to upgrade the stereo to one with bluetooth and memory card/usb. Can do away with it then

I first upgraded to RCD310DAB and used a USB stick then once up to RNS315, and then RNS510, it was only used by The Duvet Thief on her toiPhone. No more Duvet Thief means it's all SDCard or HDD now :) :)

My advice, my friend, yield to that temptation and upgrade ;) ;)

• Like 1

I'm just trying to get my head round why the Columbus, when getting the music off the SD card has a strange addiction to AC?DC when on mix. Not that I don't like AC?DC, but I would like a mix of songs, that's why I have it on mix. when I get this sorted it'll be happy days. Also need to find out how to get the album to show up and re-name all the songs on the card so they don't start with numbers. Then I can remove the MDI. But I won't because it'll be doing nothing else so it may as well stay. But I'll have to route the GPS antenna to the glovebox through the hole I made for the MDI as I'm sick of having the cable showing that little bit. And then hope to god VASSTech can get the top air vents to go back in place because I don't stand a cat in hells chance.

Had a play with my new demonshine snowfoam bottle, only the cheap attatchment that goes onto the hose, need a good pressurewasher + attatchments before i get serious but fun nevertheless :) .

mm cherry scented!  :D

OK. I think I can help............

If the SD card is removed then reinserted, it will start playing from the earliest album or folder in the root folder on the SD card. AC/DC is obviously going to be your first alphabetically (TNT is a great album, "Big Balls" still makes us laugh whenever we hear it!)

As far as the track listings, take the SD card out, and put into the computer. Open the SD card in MY PC, make sure all the folders, sub folders and tracks are NOT read only. Select all and remove read only if needed.

Then go onto each track individually, right click and look at properties. Rename the track from here, and also on the opening properties page to remove the number before the title. 

Hope this helps

Mike

Well I've found out why my SD card has a particular liking to AC/DC. Of the 550 songs on the card it only recognizes 33 of them, and 11 of those are AC/DC. Now I'm sat here with iTunes running in the background converting everything into MP3 because that's what them tracks are in. I only started this because I'm getting a USB stick ready for my dads car to stop him filling the car with CDs. There were some problems with the USB stick so I investigated further. Although from the USB stick it will play some m4a songs but not others. But on the SD card, none at all, only MP3 So everything is going into MP3 to see if that sorts it. And I only started with the USB stick because I wanted to re rout the GPS antenna to the bottom of the glove box and saw the spare USB to MDI cable and thought, yeah, I'll do that "while I'm at it" If all this fails I'll just buy another iPod to MDI cable and he can have my spare iPod in his car. Stuff it.

So yeah, basically what I've done is re-routed the GPS antenna and created some work.

Don't, if you're going to move, just move. We did -- 150 miles away -- and still the M-I-L comes to stay for weeks at a time............... :peek:

Mike

He he - got that as well - the parents-in-law arrive from Belfast for 10 days or so on Thursday!

Washed the Octy and the MX-5 again today (ignored the Civic as that was parked round the corner) after I covered them in dust doing some more crack stitching on the garage.  Then set about sorting all my garage clutter onto shelves and hooks now the stitching is pretty much done - the garage should be ready for the MX-5 come next weekend as I've only got the ladders, bikes and lawn mowers to find homes for now...    :clap:

• Like 1

Yesterday I put another 500lb or so of soil in Matilda,  went to the tip, bought it and the Fabia some AG Wheel cleaner, Meguairs Detailing spray, and screen wash in Halfords and got home, settling down to  cleaning the Octy's winter wheels.

Started to hoover out Matilda.

Then my wife drove up in her Fabia.

She and Samuel had been to a party. Samuel had bought a balloon back in 'Milly'. The balloon had burst. Some $&*!%& had put flour or icing sugar in the balloons....

Samuel was very apologetic.

20150425_175319_zpsvpazfyoa.jpg[/uR

Thank God the Lifeshine treatment meant it came out of the seat covers OK, but I've spent some considerable time hoovering the door fabric, mats and every single nook and cranny. Then wiped, rewiped and blacked the trim and used AG Interior Shampoo to remove the last traces of powder...   wonder what the Police would have thought if they'd stopped my wife on the way home?

Tongue in cheek video: http://vid1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii546/Foxhound311/20150425_175244_zpsacwi1qco.mp4

Tonight, rehoovered the Fabia, treated the Octavia's door seals, changed the 12V dc socket installation over for a USB one from Bangood....

Yesterday I put another 500lb or so of soil in Matilda,  went to the tip, bought it and the Fabia some AG Wheel cleaner, Meguairs Detailing spray, and screen wash in Halfords and got home, settling down to  cleaning the Octy's winter wheels.

Started to hoover out Matilda.

Then my wife drove up in her Fabia.

She and Samuel had been to a party. Samuel had bought a balloon back in 'Milly'. The balloon had burst. Some $&*!%& had put flour or icing sugar in the balloons....

Samuel was very apologetic.

20150425_175319_zpsvpazfyoa.jpg[/uR

Thank God the Lifeshine treatment meant it came out of the seat covers OK, but I've spent some considerable time hoovering the door fabric, mats and every single nook and cranny. Then wiped, rewiped and blacked the trim and used AG Interior Shampoo to remove the last traces of powder...   wonder what the Police would have thought if they'd stopped my wife on the way home?

Tongue in cheek video: [url=http://vid1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii546/Foxhound311/20150425_175244_zpsacwi1qco.mp4]http://vid1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii546/Foxhound311/20150425_175244_zpsacwi1qco.mp4

Tonight, rehoovered the Fabia, treated the Octavia's door seals, changed the 12V dc socket installation over for a USB one from Bangood....

All done yesterday.....

Fitted the replacement for the replacement drivers mat in the vRS that didn't fit correctly. The first replacement was part of a set of four, (the original OEM mats had worn out after 10 years!!!!), and the fixing point holes weren't in the correct place on the drivers mat so the company sent out another free of charge which fits perfectly like the others. :)

Also popped down to the dealers to have the service book stamped and filled in for the DSG oil & filter change the SuperB had done last week as they forgot to do the book when it was there.

Put 2 large bags of recycling and 2 larger bags of land fill rubbish in the boot.

drove to recycling centre thinking balls... that rear shock definitly has let go. Got there, did my drop off and walking back to the car realised the rear passenger side tyre was almost on the road... bloody screw stuck in it!! Bad enough on any day but having to do the change in the recycling centre in the rain add that the tyres are all only a month old ggnnnaaaagģggghhh! And no tyre centres open today so have to drive around with a low thread steel rim wheel until tuesday now then hope its patchable :(

Changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm; which has perked it right up! Understandably, too, considering the amount of schmoo built up on the old ones. Now just waiting for my new thermostat to arrive, then I can fit that and the new radiator fan switch. Hmph.

Took a trip over to Whitby yesterday. No fish n chips or ice cream but...

Half the boot trim removed by Mike Holroyd

IMG_20150502_124145_zpsaho2uxof.jpg

...& several cups of tea later, rear dash cam installed!

IMG_20150503_125214_zpsdthjyvhj.jpg

Thank you, Mike! :thumbup:

Awesome stuff - tis the only bit I didn't manage, I just couldn't get the trim off (actually put my back out trying!)

• Like 1