Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

A rare event happened last week, Tuesday 7:15pm IIRC, as I was overtaken by another Yeti; its usually the other way around. ;)

I was dawdling c. 65mph in lane one on the A1(M) northbound between J4 and J5 going up 'Brickwall Hill' past Welwyn Garden City, when a light coloured Yeti, silver or steel grey most likely, Reg No; J 666 BBM (?) went past in lane three at the sort of speed I usually travel at. Not much chance to wave. :giggle:

Coming back down the M6 from Scotland today, saw several.

Is it strange that the three musky ones, i saw, were all towing large caravans and all going north?

quite close, but not in sight of each other.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been splashing our way around the Lake District, after picking ours up on Saturday. There seems to be a yeti around every corner.

Met up with brijo for the first ever shot of 2 "special build" 16 inch yetis together.

Will post pics once I return home in the middle of the week.

With the size of some of the potholes around here, (that are full of water of course) I wonder how many pinched tyres I would have had on 17" rims....

180 miles done since 15:00 on Saturday, loving every inch, looking forward to giving it a bit more right foot once I a ve a few more miles on the clock.

Hardknott pass tomorrow!

• Like 1

Was up on Isle of Mull for the Mull Rally 12-14 Oct. There were at least 5 Yeti belonging to marshals/event officials (including mine and one each belonging to the two Ricks).

Then after the rally when everyone had gone home, there were at least another 3 on the island for the rest of the week.

And on the way home on 20th Oct, we saw 8 between Connell & Sterling, (three drivers of which actually waved - unusual these days) plus another 5 heading north on the M74/M6 as we were heading south. Oh, and one that overtook us going down Beattock going "rather fast". Must have been doing over 90 (him, not me!).

Seems they are becoming rather common!!! (EDIT Oops, sorry, as quite correctly pointed out by "Hairball", I should have said "popular"!!! :rofl: )

Edited by speedsport

Was up on Isle of Mull for the Mull Rally 12-14 Oct. There were at least 5 Yeti belonging to marshals/event officials (including mine and one each belonging to the two Ricks).

Then after the rally when everyone had gone home, there were at least another 3 on the island for the rest of the week.

And on the way home on 20th Oct, we saw 8 between Connell & Sterling, (three drivers of which actually waved - unusual these days) plus another 5 heading north on the M74/M6 as we were heading south. Oh, and one that overtook us going down Beattock going "rather fast". Must have been doing over 90 (him, not me!).

Seems they are becoming rather common!!!

We were also there at Mull Rally with our muscy 170 Yety. Saw one parked a lot at Salen. We were mostly at Dervaig with our family member rally driver, Alan Gardiner, car no 19 who came 13th.

• 2 weeks later...

Steel Grey 10 plate yesterday in Hoddesdon. Silver roof rails and possibly Annapurnas (?) heading down Rye Road

Probably me heading to Harlow for some nandos! Around 6pm or three hours earlier heading to John Warner? :-)

I have seen a few recently. and all of them have been driven by elderly men, at a guess 70+ I have not seen any driven by anybody younger than me! and but I'm not old, I am 50 years young. :rofl:

What is it about the Yeti that attracts the older generation?

It's the right height to get in and out easily with creaky knees.

..... or creaky hip in my case and I'm only 56 yrs young; I may be getting gold but I feel young.

Overtook a steel grey Yeti the other day being driven sedately on the M'way by an older get, certainly looked 70+

I did my knee in over the weekend and to say that the RS is a pig to get in to with a gammy leg is an understatement, Yeti no probs :thumbup:

I'll admit that I've not sold a Yeti to anyone under the 40 bracket (age check Richard :rofl: )??

Bahnstormer are you sure it wasn't FocusZetec in disguise

More or less what attracts the younger generation, young man, but perhaps not in the same order. Plus a bit more experience, of course ;)

But my point is, that it isn't attracting the under 50's as much. I haven't seen any driven by young people. I know there are a few on here, they appear to be in the minority.

It doesn't attract young families so much because of the perceived small boot.

Saying that one of my clients is selling her Shogun Pinnin as the boot isn't big enough to get a buggy in! And that is not a small vehicle :lol:

I was 40 when mine got delivered.... does that make me the baby of the forum?!

Nope, I'm 33!!

I think that most Yeti drivers have "got over themselves" and see the Yeti for what it truly is, a truly great car, without being overly concerned about what anyone else thinks ;)

This is probably why they tend to be a bit older/wiser....

....or is it just that the Yeti is one of the few cars that's relatively easy to convince a woman of the merits, thus making is all yes men to our over bearing wives!

Edited by BobbyG79

Nope, I'm 33!!

I think that most Yeti drivers have "got over themselves" and see the Yeti for what it truly is, a truly great car, without being overly concerned about what anyone else thinks ;)

This is probably why they tend to be a bit older/wiser....

....or is it just that the Yeti is one of the few cars that's relatively easy to convince a woman of the merits!

I was even younger! (not by much!) and I agree with your sentiments. Ive never bought the badge, always the car. The Yeti is just fantastic as a family car and for anyone that says its got a small boot should see how I manage to pack it for the family's 4-5 weeks away in the summer! Its massively versatile imo. :)

I like being the younger one.... I was 30 when I got my Yeti!

I have had a life time of creaky backs, knees, hamstrings and most other body parts.... Yet I still seem to spend most of my time spending new ways to hurt myself

But at least I know with the Yeti, when I have hurt myself, it makes it easier for me to get to the next place to receive pain (i concern myself sometimes...)

:@

i was only 20 when i had my yeti delivered and after nearly 3 years i wouldn't have chosen any other car and don't think i will change it for another few years

matthew

Edited by 7415963