Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Fabia vrs hatch

Silver/black/dk chrome

Satnav/ htd seats/ phone/ cruise

Ordered 26 April 2011 - I've been told 25 weeks

Today I received a call to say - the factory won't accept an order with SatNav

Have anyone else been told they can't have it?!!

Lots of you seem to have satnav

Perhaps there's some kind of supply problem - maybe to do with Japan?

I had to agree to proceed because the special offer may not be extended after the Bank Holiday...

Fabia vrs hatch

Silver/black/dk chrome

I had to agree to proceed because the special offer may not be extended after the Bank Holiday...

That's a worry.

....the factory won't accept an order with SatNav.....

From what I've seen posted, the Skoda fitted SatNav is proving to be an expensive item (upgrades, 7 digit postcode etc)

I have only ever had a portable Garmin (UK and Europe mapping) and only use it on trips away and move it from car to car. Got a chip for Aus/New Zealand trip (saved hiring GPS out there) and sold to on ebay on return. Will do same for USA next year etc.

Maybe Skoda not accepting orders with SatNav could have saved you lots of £ and a long wait!

Thats definately a problem, funny because i had a phone call this morning to say i had no build week and my order was done a month ago (24/3) and he didnt say anything to me about it just to say check back :sweat: Will keep you posted if i get a call tommorow about it :S

Fabia Greenline 2 Hatch

Ordered April 28th 2011

Extras:

Metallic Paint (black)

Maxidot (couldn't stare at that B***dy awful casio calculator display during my journeys)

Climate

Small leather + 4 spoke steering wheel

Floor mats (freebie)

Expected delivery date: Find out in about 10 days.

Not in too much of a rush but would like to know though.

Hi

I ordered a 1.6TDI Roomster Scout on 08/12/10. Told at time of order to expect delivery early March.

As yet still no build date. To my mind this borders on deliberately misleading customers, to get orders they know they cannot fulfil in any acceptable time frame.

I have been told about the compensation scheme £150 to £300, but to be honest I don't give a damn about compensation, I just want them to fulfil their side of the contract, and BUILD ME A CAR!

I see from other posts that you can be eligible for a hire-car? Can anyone confirm this, as I want the dealer to take my PX car now, and supply a courtesy car or hire car(with tow bar) until they can fulfil the order.

David J, Chelmsford, Essex

I emailed Skoda UK customer service and left me an answer message which pretty much said "talk to you dealer"....so will go for a drive down over the weekend :)

Hi

......I have been told about the compensation scheme £150 to £300......

There has been quite a bit about this BUT, did the order define the delivery date? Mine certainly had absolutely nothing about delivery and the salesman would not give any commitment.

.......I see from other posts that you can be eligible for a hire-car ..... and supply a courtesy car or hire car(with tow bar).....

Vindis Cambridge agreed to take mine in PX if delivery went out beyond July. It would be a Fabia but not with DSG. Don't know about the tow hitch?

retiredbri

What I think is total unexeptable from skoda is that they cannot say WHAT takes so long time???

Since other fabia 1.2 tsi dsg come out faster it must be something I have added on my car.. towbar, back sensor, mdi, bluetooth etc..

IF they could say for example that the bluetooth makes my car delayed 25 weeks from original build-week, I would NOT have the bluetooth..

SURE THEY KNOW WHAT TAKES SO ****IN LONG TIME!! BUT THEY GIVE A **** IN THE CUSTOMERS!

Btw.. Anyone who got an e-mail adress to skoda factory exept this one? [email protected]?

My skoda dealer is not offering me a hire car.. thats something they perhaps only do in UK..

Err cancelled my order today.

Bought a second hand vRS estate in red instead. Having it Tuesday.

You gave in then? Nice one mate

:rofl:

Edit

Just rang Rainworth motors for an update.....week19 :wonder: which would be 8 weeks from order, 12 weeks or so in total, which would be great :p

Got the sli number so I can track thru trackmyskoda website and that's the preliminary build subject to confirmation. I will try not to get too excited just yet :D

Edited by Jayw

Dude, I have the patience of a housebrick.

Saved a bundle, so I'm happy to take a used one next week :-D

My wife's uncle ordered his Octavian SE with 1.6CR TDI engine in mid november 2010 and apparently it's getting built next week... Now that's a wait.

28/4/2011 ordered superb estate 1.8tsi elegance steel grey, park assist, heated washers, mdi, auto dim mirror & some accesories.

Will hopefully get build date in 3 weeks with final delivery in 12 weeks.

Dealer keen to meet that delivery so that the mileage on part ex doesn't go over 80k

Err cancelled my order today.

Bought a second hand vRS estate in red instead. Having it Tuesday.

I hope a few more people cancel,then maybe I'll get mine sooner. (told it would take 12 weeks- it has now been 13 and no word yet)

Fabia vrs hatch

Silver/black/dk chrome

This might help

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/199840-monte-carlo-ordered-could-cancel/

I placed an order with my dealer on the 19th March. Ordered a Black Magic Fabia VRS. Was told to expect it at the end of May or possibly very early June. After reading these posts I contacted my dealer and was told is was to due be built in week 18 but has been put back now to week 25. I'm not too concerned about the wait but I hope the dealer doesn't try to hammer me with the part exchange price on my 57 plate Octavia VRS due to the wait.

I placed an order with my dealer on the 19th March. Ordered a Black Magic Fabia VRS. Was told to expect it at the end of May or possibly very early June. After reading these posts I contacted my dealer and was told is was to due be built in week 18 but has been put back now to week 25. I'm not too concerned about the wait but I hope the dealer doesn't try to hammer me with the part exchange price on my 57 plate Octavia VRS due to the wait.

My dealership agreed a price with me on the principle that it will be made in 12 weeks (and thats what my car will be worth in 12 weeks), if it takes any longer they said they'll still honour that price as thats a time scale they've given.

Now I have waited 6 months and 2 weeks for the damn car to be build.. (when I ordered they say it would be build after 2-3 months).. what a ****in lie!

Anyone who got an e-mail adress to some importent volkswagen/skoda manager? please give it to me! I want to tell him/her some nice words..

To anyone else reading this and considering buying a new skoda... DONT DO IT! THE WORST COMPANI EVER.. ****IN MAFIA! :(

I really don't understand why everyone is ranting and raving - you are trying to buy a car that is so in demand - because the prices are competitive - even against the own companies in the VW group.

Yet Skoda are the worst company in the world and shouldn't be dealt with! I appreciate that the lack of communication is unacceptable in some cases, it really can't be that bad when you think about what the end product is!

Now I have waited 6 months and 2 weeks for the damn car to be build.. (when I ordered they say it would be build after 2-3 months).. what a ****in lie!

Anyone who got an e-mail adress to some importent volkswagen/skoda manager? please give it to me! I want to tell him/her some nice words..

To anyone else reading this and considering buying a new skoda... DONT DO IT! THE WORST COMPANI EVER.. ****IN MAFIA! :(

I'm sure that would really help in getting things sorted. If your dealer isn't helping have you contacted Skoda customer services directly?

I'm sure that would really help in getting things sorted. If your dealer isn't helping have you contacted Skoda customer services directly?

I wrote an e-mail to [email protected], but they told me that my dealer had all information... :(

thats not true becouse my dealer says skoda dont say WHY my car is delayed.. all my dealer "says" is there is NO build week at the moment.. and that he dont know when the car is going to be build.

I got build week 8, then 14.. and after that NOTTING.

SURE skoda knows why the hell my car is delayed.. they JUST DONT WANT TO SAY IT TO ME!

if it was an part I have added that they have problems with I would not added that part.. (sunroof, hook, mdi etc...)..

God damn, I am so angry that I could actually KILL someone at that factory right now...

[email protected]

chief honcho vw group all makes just passes

the buck back to skoda

yep i tried and pointed back to this forum and thread

the more that email the sooner a fix i think

[email protected]

chief honcho vw group all makes just passes

the buck back to skoda

yep i tried and pointed back to this forum and thread

the more that email the sooner a fix i think

thanx.. I write him an e-mail tomorrow! now I go to bed...

Right well over here we can contact Skoda UK customer services on the phone and then after giving them the order number discuss anything directly with them. Have you tried that instead of emailing? It's much easier or people to not answer your question by email rather than by phone.