Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Mine is also "in transit".

The dealership has just told me there is no way to track it's progress; I find it hard to believe that it is not tracked somehow. I would have thought they would know when it arrived in Emden, which ship etc etc, but allegedly not! Apparently it will arrive at the dealership out of the blue!

I am unconvinced that this is not another episode in a very long line of b******t from the dealership. I strongly suspect they cannot be bothered to check.

Me again!

The more I thought about the cobblers I had been fed earlier the less it made sense so I rank SUK this afternoon. Sure enough utter b******s from the dealership (again).

The vehicle is tracked in to Emden, tracked on to the ship, tracked off the ship and the dealership notified. The dealer then requests transportation from the port to themselves for PDI and delivery.

Mine is currently sat at Emden awaiting a ship allocation.

:wall:

I have had some good news (I think :D ) Dealer emailed me to say our order had gone to stage 20 for a week 28 build. So fingers crossed it should be on the drive late July/early August. So that will be nearly 8 months if it does actually get built and does not disappear for a few weeks en route.

Still can't moan too much. The dealer (Kal from All Electric at Kings Heath in Birmingham) has been very good, always answers my emails and usually within a day or so. The delays are not his fault after all.

He has confirmed that the P/X price given in January still stands; that the PCP/3 years Free Servicing deal will stand;we get a cheque for £300 because we will have waited more than 25 weeks (not a voucher); we got the car "VAT Free" and a tow bar chucked in too.

So, provided the thing actually turns up, I reckon we've done OK :thumbup:

Update from the dealer this morning. Car should be ready on Thursday morning. Just in time to drive seven hours to the Sonisphere festival!

Car ordered 23/03/2011, built week 25 and arrived in the UK last week.

Just received another update call from my Dealer. Build week now moved from week 33 to week 32 on my Superb 1.8TSI DSG so should be delivered very early in September.

I ordered my Fabia Estate GLII on 31 March 2011 and have just been told that the build date is week 44, first week in November. That seems an inordinately long lead time to me. Is this unusual?

For the GL2, yes.

Is it worth contacting Skoda Customer Service to speed things up or should I let the dealer try to sort it? I'm 500 miles from the dealer so I'm a bit worried that it won't be a priority for him.

HV

Contact Skoda by e mail (less bullshine)

It dosnt seem to matter who you contact

No one seems able to speed things up

Been through the list including CEO vw group

I have only been waiting since jan 15 2011

For a fab se 1.2dsg estate apparentley they are

Harder to make especially cappuccino

Contact Skoda by e mail (less bullshine)

It dosnt seem to matter who you contact

No one seems able to speed things up

Been through the list including CEO vw group

I have only been waiting since jan 15 2011

For a fab se 1.2dsg estate apparentley they are

Harder to make especially cappuccino

And I am still waiting to get my fab 1.2dsg combi to be build.. ordered 20 Oct 2010 :)

Lucky for them that I dont have any license for a weapon...

Just had my 2 weekly update.....

Candy white VRS pushed back from build week 43 to week 45, that's first week in November.

I won't now see my car until late November early December after ordering April 27th.

I did request delivery after October 1st, but i don't really want to wait until December for it, otherwise i may aswell get them to delay registering it until January to make it a 2012 model in looks and date!

w0w xcyber, i really thought you'd got yours by now since youve been quiet of late

didnt you post about a build date some time ago? what happened there??

Thats correct, I did..

4-5 weeks ago my dealer mailed me that skoda had "put" my car into build-week 28 (guess thats next week)..

But its like x-files.. I dont belive it before I see it..

I spoke to my dealer today who say the order has been sent Skoda for processing. The dealer reckons they will be in contact in approximately 6 weeks as they won't hear anything before then and at that point should be able to give me an estimate build date.

Now based on what I have read here, I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen.

How long should I leave it before contacting Customer Services and what information do they need?

Hmmm, Sheerness is only a couple of hours from Reading, it would be nice if mine was on that ship!

Really looking forward to getting it now!

:D

I spoke to my dealer today who say the order has been sent Skoda for processing. The dealer reckons they will be in contact in approximately 6 weeks as they won't hear anything before then and at that point should be able to give me an estimate build date.

Now based on what I have read here, I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen.

How long should I leave it before contacting Customer Services and what information do they need?

My Fabia vRS order was ordered about 5 weeks ago, according to dealer it is still an order on the system.

Not happy at this I emailed Skoda UK, got a very nice call back from John. This is normal, the delay is an issue at board level, the factory is working at max levels. It maybe some time before you get a build date, however he has confirm my dealer expected order to delivery of 5 months, possibly a little earlier.

Really difficult, but I think it's a case of sit tight and wait

My Fabia vRS order was ordered about 5 weeks ago, according to dealer it is still an order on the system.

Not happy at this I emailed Skoda UK, got a very nice call back from John. This is normal, the delay is an issue at board level, the factory is working at max levels. It maybe some time before you get a build date, however he has confirm my dealer expected order to delivery of 5 months, possibly a little earlier.

Really difficult, but I think it's a case of sit tight and wait

5 weeks? What did your dealer advise you? The average on here is at least 14-20 weeks.

When I ordered, I was told 3-4 weeks to get a build date, I was last told they'd give me an update at week 6. However, I now don't expect a build week for some time, don't really care as long as i get a deilvery by November which will have been 5 months.

I ordered my car on April 11th and was given an approximate wait time of "at least 14 weeks", which would put my delivery at around mid July lol. For various reasons, particularly my sister-in-law having my current car later in the year, my ideal delivery time would be somewhere in September, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered my Race Blue VRS on 2nd May just as the VAT free offer closed from Drive the Deal. I was quoted 25-27 week delivery but have received a confirmed build date this week of week 28 which I believe is next week and delivery of the first week in August. Wasn't expecting it for a few months yet so I'm happy. Just need to sell my Rav 4 55 plate now ebay here I come.

Karry