The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Skoda not only don't care, but they don't have a clue.

The focus of the company is on mass sales and making cars looking sporty rather than having any form of high performance halo vehicles.

How much of this is their decision or the controllers at VAG we'll never know though.

It's all too expensive for them to mass produce and the buyers don't seem to want performance just looks as you've said.

The problem with Skoda sales at present, IMO, is that they're pricing themselves out of the market. When they were good value for VAG vehicles they sold more, now they seem to be pricing themselves towards VW which unfortunately they cannot do as there brand still has a stigma attached to it in this country. Like for like the average consumer will go for VW because of the RSV being better and desirability.

Either way, they have about zero interest in being associated with any tuned cars that people make which are a world away from production models.

The tuning industry and encouraging people to violate warranty conditions is just not part of their business model.

Warranties are overrated. They are just intended to provide peace of mind. Ultimately, the product is either designed to last or it isn't, and it seems that modern cars are no longer designed to last, they are designed to run well enough until 3-4 years old when they should be replaced.  

It's still sitting on the floor of the workshop.

It does use a little oil though.  Well, it did when I was throwing it around on track days anyway...

My 1.8 tsi uses around a litre every 4k miles on sedate family duties, I shouldn't worry.

Having come from a 1.4 two charger that used nothing, it's a bit hard to know what to make of it all.

:)

• Like 1

It's still sitting on the floor of the workshop.

It does use a little oil though.  Well, it did when I was throwing it around on track days anyway...

Probably just needs a quick refresh,.. rings and bearings.. was half tempted myself along with the turbo upgrade, cheap horsepower.

All the best with the loom swap, mahoosive job that one Richard.

• Like 1

Keeping the headlining then?

Yes.

The car works very well in the wet, I want to be able to go to and from track days without rain banging on the roof and driving me crackers.

• Like 3

What sort of beast are you planning to carry if you need a dog guard like that, a sabre-toothed tiger?

Will you still be able to fit in your monsoon-wet-weather wheels/tyres and your fuel cans?

• Like 2

What sort of beast are you planning to carry if you need a dog guard like that, a sabre-toothed tiger?

Will you still be able to fit in your monsoon-wet-weather wheels/tyres and your fuel cans?

Yes, the cross brace in front of the rear turrets should allow me to get four wheels/tyres end on across the car.

And they'll be much safer than being strapped down in the boot than before.

Rear doors open, so I have storage options there too. :)

• Like 4

Richard, you will need to invest in some well dark tints for the side and back windows to keep the stealthy look :)

I think you will be getting a fairly potent soundtrack driving to and from the tracks. Am I right in thinking you are not putting the sound proofing back?

Do you think they have a fighting chance to get it finished before the racing season starts?

• Like 1