The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

1 hour ago, greenstripe said:

Room for something under the front bumper? obviously the Yeti has a bit more clearance than most cars 

Something low risks bringing water into the intake, I ran a fog light intake and myself, had no issues, but this was a 80 hp car, a Dyson has more suction power :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, greenstripe said:

Room for something under the front bumper? obviously the Yeti has a bit more clearance than most cars 

I'd need to re-read the entire thread to now how much, but this specific car is noticeably lower than standard.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 14:03, KenONeill said:

@BossFox - I'm fairly sure you already have some idea about this, but a harness bar should be at shoulder height or thereabouts, so I really hope that's just a cross-brace.

Yes, that's correct.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

This takes real expertise to "do right", but if you can find an area where the under-bonnet pressure is higher than the over-bonnet, add a hot air extractor there.

That's why I have a well proven motorsport company doing it, not throwing it together in my garage. :)

• Like 2

Not that you would have space I would have thought with your Skyline obsession lol , Its great to still read the Yeti is still an on going project .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BossFox said:

That's why I have a well proven motorsport company doing it, not throwing it together in my garage. :)

That's what I mean; it takes model specific expertise to find places where "a hole in the bonnet" is a hot air outlet.

2 minutes ago, BossFox said:

In the nicest way, the Skyline / GT-R thing is fun but it's all been done before.

"oh you have an 800bhp R34?, that's nice my mate has one with 1,000bhp"  They are awesome cars, but with the R32 coming out in 1989 there is a huge industry supporting them, modifying them and producing all kinds of cool cars.

Personally the appeal of the Yeti has always been that it's a bit wacky.  Arguably exactly the wrong sort of vehicle to use as a base for a fast road and track day project, especially when planning to keep up with the 800bhp GT-Rs mentioned above.

But that's where the fun lies.  It's very "me".

Sure you can overtake someone in a Ferrari in a GT-R on track, not a biggie.  Overtake them in a Yeti though and it becomes somewhat more amusing when you see the look on their face.

There is certainly a lot more novelty value in the Yeti and because of how it makes me feel driving it I love it.

It's certainly one of my better ideas.

Could not agree more or described it in a better way :)

• Like 1

I am glad you stuck with the project with all the other stuff you have going on you could be forgiven if you decided to stop it. 

Its always great to create something that will always make people talk about the "mad" idea, well its not really mad just someone with a bit of vision and repeats to himself  "What if I...."  

As you say a GTR passing a Ferrari isn't unexpected, a Yeti however that steals headlines and gets people talking in good way.

Keep up the good work, we are all reading with interest. B)

• Like 1

Exactly; someplace upthread (and on YouTube) there's video from an Ariel Atom of Richard passing it at Rockingham, Northhants, and the footage opens with the driver and passenger giving each other "The H*11!?" looks, then shows the Atom trying to keep up.

3 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Exactly; someplace upthread (and on YouTube) there's video from an Ariel Atom of Richard passing it at Rockingham, Northhants, and the footage opens with the driver and passenger giving each other "The H*11!?" looks, then shows the Atom trying to keep up.

Looks like this one: -

30 minutes ago, dan4291 said:

Looks like this one: -

What the video doesn't quite capture is the gradient of some of the track at Rocko, the right hander at 35 secs goes on to quite a ramp.  Knowing that circuit, it's mind boggling to see how the Yeti still pulls away from the Atom, despite having to get up some inclines. 

Edited by penguin17

• 2 months later...

I’ve just read all 114 pages in about 3 weeks

At Page 106ish it was dated 2016 and it was off the road with the Piston Ring issue, the last 8 pages have been a real cliffhanger - trying to second guess the outcome and pleased its going to be on the road soon.

Respect @BossFox

Off to the Citigo projects forum...

Edited by KevC_Derby

9 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

I’ve just read all 114 pages in about 3 weeks

At Page 106ish it was dated 2016 and it was off the road with the Piston Ring issue, the last 8 pages have been a real cliffhanger - trying to second guess the outcome and pleased its going to be on the road soon.

Respect @BossFox

Off to the Citigo projects forum...

Thank you,  sadly it's taken longer than anticipated due to various issues.  Most of them being me giving JDR (who are doing it) far more work.

So by the time they try to fit other customers in too, non-race cars that don't have a deadline to race by have to wait a bit.

They've now finished servicing my 12 Skylines and almost finished rebuilding the Elan, refreshed the Fiesta and sorted the engine on the Evora we might soon get it finished!!!

I got a facebook "3 years ago" reminder yesterday of it out on track at Brands Hatch.  I never realised it had been off the road for so long.

It's been a completely bonkers 3 years!

Edited by BossFox
speeling
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Technically way O/T here but I'm pleased to hear that the Elan will live again! :)

It was 26R spec in a series 4 body, it's being rebuilt into a series 2 body so it's eligible for more classic events. :)

• Like 4