Waiting List

vegit8

Picked up my Yeti on Friday and very happy with it it -in love seeing it outside the house.

However, I think the handover from the dealer was in my experience the worst I've had buying any car - even privately.

After going through the paperwork we walked out to the car. He put the tax disk in and handed me the keys - that was it! I started to ask a few questions but he said that Drive the Deal should have explain all the details about the car - how ridiculous was that. Absolutely appalling behaviour . Kevin who I had dealt with (and seems a really nice guy) was on holiday so Richard was who dealt with me. Luckily I had read the manual but to leave me in the car park with now explanation whatsoever was unbelievable. Good job I knew that I had to press rt he clutch to start the car or I'd still be there.

0/10 for Hayleseden Doncaster's handover performance.

Gladyou're pleased with the new car.

I might be an idea to drop SUK customer services an email with your complaint.

If no one tells them about these things they'll never be able to do anything about them.

Picked up my Yeti on Friday and very happy with it it -in love seeing it outside the house.

However, I think the handover from the dealer was in my experience the worst I've had buying any car - even privately.

After going through the paperwork we walked out to the car. He put the tax disk in and handed me the keys - that was it! I started to ask a few questions but he said that Drive the Deal should have explain all the details about the car...

Poor attitude from that individual whose employer has decided to fulfil DtD's orders. He will be on a basic wage you wouldn't work for and not have made any commission as he would if you'd bought from him or (via a bonus pool) a colleague.

If you buy from a broker to avoid the dealer making what they regard as a realistic profit then only management discipline can make the staff pretend to be happy to help you.

• Like 1

Poor attitude from that individual whose employer has decided to fulfil DtD's orders. He will be on a basic wage you wouldn't work for and not have made any commission as he would if you'd bought from him or (via a bonus pool) a colleague.

If you buy from a broker to avoid the dealer making what they regard as a realistic profit then only management discipline can make the staff pretend to be happy to help you.

I think what you say is very true, if undoubtedly a little sad. It's why I (and I think many others on this forum) are prepared to use an internet price as a bargaining tool but then to pay a little more in order to establish (and maintain) a relationship with a local dealer, especially if you sense that they will be responsive to any problems that may arise. I have now purchased 4 new Skodas (an Octavia Scout, two Yetis and a Citigo) for my wife and myself from MSB in Darlington and, despite occasional blips with individual sales staff, have nothing but praise for the management and the commitment to customers. I like the cars, to be sure, but I also feel confident that I'm getting a good all-round deal, even if I might have saved a few pounds going down the internet route.

• Like 4

When is build week usually confirmed, is it two weeks before?

Its usually locked two weeks before so no changes can take place, and will not move anymore :rock:

• Like 2

I think I read somewhere that week 22 (this week) is start of MY14.

So if they get the finger out they might bring mine forward from unconfirmed week 25.

Its so annoying that I cant make plans yet for time off work, book accommodation etc

After going through the paperwork we walked out to the car. He put the tax disk in and handed me the keys - that was it! I started to ask a few questions but he said that Drive the Deal should have explain all the details about the car - how ridiculous was that. Absolutely appalling behaviour . Kevin who I had dealt with (and seems a really nice guy) was on holiday so Richard was who dealt with me. Luckily I had read the manual but to leave me in the car park with now explanation whatsoever was unbelievable. Good job I knew that I had to press rt he clutch to start the car or I'd still be there.

0/10 for Hayleseden Doncaster's handover performance.

Personally I have no problem with the DTD approach. I bought a Focus via DtD supplied by Bristol Street Motors in Birmingham. Signed the paperwork in the fleet area at the back of the showroom. Keys handed over and told where it was parked. 46% discount had to have some payback. You are buying fleet and at work the cars were delivered on transporters and the transporter driver handed over the paperwork and keys.

I bought the Yeti from the Skodastore and I was treated like a retail customer even though I got a good discount. I guess its all down to the dealer.

Just had phone call from dealer, they are expecting delivery on Fri, so could possibly have new car on Sat, or Monday at latest. What a palaver arranging Skoda 7 day insurance, they kept telling me there was no such thing as a 1.8 TSI Lauren and Klement yeti, only 2.0 liter 170 diesel showing on system. Also as salesman I'm dealing with is on holiday, personal plate transfer looks like it would hold things up now, so they are going to put plate on retention and register it as a 13 plate. Grrrr

Kenny, When i applied for the skoda 7 day insurance at the end of April they listed 3 L&K models, but back then I'm sure they had a 1.8 petrol and a 2.0 petrol manual and a 2.0 diesel DSG. I was getting the 170 diesel so I had to explain they'd got the 2.0 petrol mixed up with the diesel. Looks like they still have't got the line up quite right. In they end they insured mine as the 140 DSG diesel and made an note on the system that the car was actually a 170 manual diesel. I thought it was going to be a "computer says no" moment, but was OK in the end.

Is there any data available on how long on average after placing your order do you get a build week, It is 2 1/2 weeks since mine was ordered is it too early to start chasing the dealer?

Some dealers will give you a 'best guess' based on current experience but with what's going on at present you may have to wait till a few weeks before actual build date. You can always ring SUK and ask then if you get no joy from your dealer.

Is there any data available on how long on average after placing your order do you get a build week, It is 2 1/2 weeks since mine was ordered is it too early to start chasing the dealer?

Took 2 months to get my build week, so 2 1/2 weeks might be a tad early.

I got my build week 2 months after I ordered as well.

Just rang the dealer today for a build week (first time trying). Ordered on 25th April, 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance with some extras, build week currently 25 (w/c 17th June) and they said they expect it to be with them ready for collection about 3 weeks later. Much quicker than the 6 month wait I had for my current SM back in 2011!

• Like 1

My wait is almost over ( Almost exactly 3 months) , informed today my new L&K is available for collection from the dealer on Sunday.

• Like 2

Thanks guys It sounds like I have a few weeks to go before I get a build week. I don't see why it should take so long to come up with a build week, I assume the factory will know of my order on the day order placed , they will therefore know how many cars on in the build queue , how many cars a day they build , how many days before my car hits the build line? I appreciate the optional extras may complicate things a bit .

I have just been informed that my car will be ready for collection on Thursday. Ordered it 20th March build week 19. Approximately 10 weeks from order to collection.

Octavia SE 1.2 tsi steel grey and spare wheel.

Good luck and happy driving to all.

Collected my new L&K today, did sound a lot quieter on the way home, than the old one. Was strange driving home without the large digital speedo though, but that's sorted now, im now Australian. Will try and post pics, when I've fitted all the bits and pieces I've managed to buy whilst waiting.

• Like 2

I got a call from my dealer this afternoon.

He told me my L&k had just turned up!

Im going to see it tomorrow and sign some paperwork.

Hopefully I will be picking it up at the end of the week.

Im chuffed. :happy: :happy: :happy:

• Like 2

I called in Alex Lawrie Liverpool this afternoon and have been told I have a build week of 26 and they expect I will take delivery mid July which if correct will be about 8 weeks from order ,which I think is ok

Picked our L&K up today. Total 12 weeks from order. Very :rofl: right now.

I also picked up my 140 L&K today and im chuffed to bits with it. :dance:

The DSG box is ace and its been a great day to test out the sunroof. :happy: :happy: :happy:

• Like 2