LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

But is he getting a bulb warning??? He doesn't mention it so it could just be the bulbs are faulty? I had the bulb warning issue when trying LEDs in the number plate lights but the bulbs still lit up. In this case they aren't even lighting up and possibly without any bulb warning on the dash.

These are what I have and they are really bright and can still be seen ok in bright sunshine which the previous LEDs I had in the DRLs couldn't........... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

After reading post 31 about the centre pin negative  could it be that my superb 12 plate needs the cpp bulbs how would i know and could anyone point me in the direction of a cpp bulb thanks 

Edited by willbailey

These are the same as I linked to in my post earlier too..... Mine are in a 2010 MY11 Superb.

These are the same as I linked to in my post earlier too..... Mine are in a 2010 MY11 Superb.

Thanks i'll  give them ago been a dear do mind .saying that my rear lights are so bright with led's in and now i have ordered the brake led's next will be the number plate and indicators thanks all 

• 4 months later...

Evening all. Having read through this post with interest, I've become a little lost as to what is what. But I'm after some rear LED number plate lights for my MY2011 Elegance Combi. I couldn't see any mention of any on here as of yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by macmillions

• 1 month later...

Hi ppl,

Have fitted LED's into DRL's (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

Have fitted LED's into brake lights (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121310362282?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=420268784483&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

and both those works just fine without any errors on my Superb II MY12.

Unfortunately neither ones working fine in DRL or other ones I bought (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151942669062?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) are capable of running without errors on dashboard in reversing lights - they are working just fine and give plenty of light, but errors on dashboard annoys me greatly.

Is there any coding I can change to make it work as desired? 

regards

Unfortunately neither ones working fine in DRL or other ones I bought (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151942669062?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) are capable of running without errors on dashboard in reversing lights - they are working just fine and give plenty of light, but errors on dashboard annoys me greatly.

Is there any coding I can change to make it work as desired? 

On a MY12 your BCM probably supports LED's so you can fix the bulb warning with ODIS-e or VCP (not VCDS)

iv just fitted some on me skoda superb estate DRLs but did have a problem to start with when i put them in they didn't work but checked with a car battery they did, have got ratty throwing things about i remembered that some LED's only work one way, long story cut short i cut the wire to the DRLs and swapped them round, all working fine now and no errors. got the bulbs in Walmart in Florida when i was on holiday. so if they ever dont work try that as it my help

Non functioning Led DRLs I understand is a polarity issue. I had the same result last year and the supplier refunded explaining that centre pole is negative not positive as on many older cars. I have since read that the Cree Q5 382 1156 9.5w works a treat. It is a canabus so no errors show up. Plan to order today and hope this info is corfect.

• 4 months later...

So, I'm planning on going LED in the mirror puddle lights and the number plate lights on my facelifted superb 2. 

As I've understood theres T10/W5W bulbs in the mirror puddle lights and they don't need to be canbus ok, is that right?

And for the number plate I've ordered these from the Skoda Yeti, http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/led-license-plate-light-000052110x and they need some sort of coding, right? Which coding do they need or is it only plug and play? How do I remove the old ones to fit the new ones in? 

Edited by scootie

I might be a bit daft, but I'm looking for info on LED bulb types for the following lights:

Front and rear interior dome lights

Door safetly lights

Mirror downlights

Tailgate lights (interior) on Combi

The one's I've found in here have all been ebay links, which werent active anymore. 

I might be a bit daft, but I'm looking for info on LED bulb types for the following lights:

Front and rear interior dome lights

Door safetly lights

Mirror downlights

Tailgate lights (interior) on Combi

The one's I've found in here have all been ebay links, which werent active anymore. 

Superskoda has them for the lights on your list but they are not cheap.... you will find them on the listings in the link below

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Lights/ 

What bulb type is it for the backup light and turn signal on the mk2 facelift? Is it codeable or does it throw a bulb out error when using leds? And how do one remove the rear lights? :)

What bulb type is it for the backup light and turn signal on the mk2 facelift? Is it codeable or does it throw a bulb out error when using leds? And how do one remove the rear lights? :)

Removal of the rear lights on the Superb II Facelift (at least on the Combi - you didn't say what your cars body shape is) , is pretty well covered in the Owners Manual Extract below).

The clamp for removing the wheel trims is in the spare wheel area, its the toolkit part that looks a bit like someone twisted a piece of coat hanger into the letter "P"... once the light unit is off you can see the bulb holders.

I'll let one of the pro's here tell you about the light bulbs - getting them out on my car is a pain (one of the few things I thought was definitely better on my BMW - I could get at the bulb holders without taking the light unit off!)

gallery_142547_2007_54079.jpg

Edited by TheRobinK

Removal of the rear lights on the Superb II Facelift (at least on the Combi - you didn't say what your cars body shape is) , is pretty well covered in the Owners Manual Extract below).

The clamp for removing the wheel trims is in the spare wheel area, its the toolkit part that looks a bit like someone twisted a piece of coat hanger into the letter "P"... once the light unit is off you can see the bulb holders.

I'll let one of the pro's here tell you about the light bulbs - getting them out on my car is a pain (one of the few things I thought was definitely better on my BMW - I could get at the bulb holders without taking the light unit off!)

gallery_142547_2007_54079.jpg

Nice! Yeah my bad, I'm sorry it's a estate/combi :) Will have a look at it, just have to find out which bulbs are used :)

These are what I have and they are really bright and can still be seen ok in bright sunshine which the previous LEDs I had in the DRLs couldn't........... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I take it there's no issues with these being 50w replacing 21w bulbs?

I take it there's no issues with these being 50w replacing 21w bulbs?

If they are a true 50w then you are likely to have issues.

However, I doubt they consume anything near 50w. Looking at similar designs elsewhere, they actually consume closer to 8w... They are marketed as 50w because that would be an equivalent halogen bulb.

I did think that was high, but it quotes as having 10x5w LEDs, so all their info implies 50w usage rather than output. :peek: But if others haven't had any issues then i think i'll take the plunge! :D

I have a 62 plate superb estate Elegance with bi xenons. I need new rear numberplate lights and am also keen to see the back of the yellowy front lights (ones down below that come on when turning corner)

I'm absolutely handless with these things, so some easy recommendations and dummy type instructions would be much appreciated! Many thanks :)