Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

So, got the wheels back and now I have a very rare Greyline!

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Struggling with the image upload guys, try using the image URL button thing but says flickr extensions not supported so can only put link in at mo, pics don't actually come up?

Had a good run out today, first proper drive from North Lincs to Skipton, absolutely love the DSG box. Took my dad to pick his new car up :devil:

IMAG0201

Edited by Bootharoo

Does the Amundsen in the Blackline VRS have a HDD and are the maps stored on this or do you need the CD in all the time or use the SD slot for the maps

Please can anybody cofirm that theBlackline VRS has HDD and are the maps stored on it

Also should i expect the dealer to give me a disk copy as well

I've got an 8 gig card and that's got around 100 albums on it in mp3 format and there's still room left on it for more. One thing I've found- obvious really is the more albums you have on there the longer the list in the menu is so the longer it takes to scroll through and find the album you're after, whih can be a pain while driving as you have to wait until you've stopped or pull over to scroll through the whole lot, so you might want to think about how many you store on the SD card if that could be a problem.

It is worth noting as well that dealers cant buy their demos at the same level of discount as a customer purchased can on the VAT deal, they are therefore having to sell that car at 20k in order to retain a suitable level of profit in it.

I can't go into details why, but that statement is vastly incorrect

I've got an 8 gig card and that's got around 100 albums on it in mp3 format and there's still room left on it for more. One thing I've found- obvious really is the more albums you have on there the longer the list in the menu is so the longer it takes to scroll through and find the album you're after, whih can be a pain while driving as you have to wait until you've stopped or pull over to scroll through the whole lot, so you might want to think about how many you store on the SD card if that could be a problem.

I have a 32gb card which is full. I found it easier to create sub-folders to make it easier to search. My top 4 folders are ARTISTS and BANDS / COMPILATION ALBUMS / CLASSICAL / MUSICALS and FILM SOUND TRACKS. Then in ARTISTS and BANDS I have sub folders such as A to D / E to I etc. Then in Subfolder A to D, artists such as, DAVID BOWIE, then inside DAVID BOWIE, I have further subfolders for each of his albums such as HUNKY DORY etc etc.

I find it useful to make serching far easier. I used iTunes to make MP3's then keep copies for future use.

It is worth noting as well that dealers cant buy their demos at the same level of discount as a customer purchased can on the VAT deal, they are therefore having to sell that car at 20k in order to retain a suitable level of profit in it.

This is not correct at all, dealers get huge discounts for demos as they are used as company cars however they are locked into a deal where they must make them available for test drives in return. If they sell them and get caught they risk having a fine from the supplier, in this case Skoda. Trick of the trade is to sell it early and not transfer it until the 3 months are up.

• Like 1

This is not correct at all, dealers get huge discounts for demos as they are used as company cars however they are locked into a deal where they must make them available for test drives in return. If they sell them and get caught they risk having a fine from the supplier, in this case Skoda. Trick of the trade is to sell it early and not transfer it until the 3 months are up.

Ok i retract the above comment.

Im not suggesting they pay anywhere near retail on a demo but balance up the discount with the cars inherrent loss of value after 3 months ultimately they need to turn a profit on the car....only if its sat on their forecourt for months on end costing them more and more in interest on the money borrowed to buy the car in would they start to drop to the point of break even or maybe even a loss.

Case in point 62 plate CR DSG hatch loaded to the hilt, probably 25k RRP. Say they paid approx. 17.5/18k for it 3 months later they are still going to want about 20k for it and might consider losing 500 quid or so to move it on.....but the car would sell at 20k. Blackline is a bit different; is probably the most popular vRS at the moment and now supply has dried up dealers can more or less name their price. I think 20k for a 3 month old Blackline estate is expensive but i have no doubt some mug will still buy it at that sort of money.

Edited by pipsyp

Im not suggesting they pay anywhere near retail on a demo but balance up the discount with the cars inherrent loss of value after 3 months ultimately they need to turn a profit on the car....only if its sat on their forecourt for months on end costing them more and more in interest on the money borrowed to buy the car in would they start to drop to the point of break even or maybe even a loss.

Case in point 62 plate CR DSG hatch loaded to the hilt, probably 25k RRP. Say they paid approx. 17.5/18k for it 3 months later they are still going to want about 20k for it and might consider losing 500 quid or so to move it on.....but the car would sell at 20k. Blackline is a bit different; is probably the most popular vRS at the moment and now supply has dried up dealers can more or less name their price. I think 20k for a 3 month old Blackline estate is expensive but i have no doubt some mug will still buy it at that sort of money.

Firstly, that's a world apart from your previous post. Initially you suggested that a dealer can't get 'as much' discount as a customer im would have if they'd usedthe VAT deal, and that's what we had issue with.

You then go on to say that a dealer might need 20k to cover cost on a demo car with a list of £25k. However the blackline in estate form has a list of just £22k.

I'm not saying the dealer shouldn't make a profit - not in the slightest. I just don't have any sympathy for any dealer charging new price or more on these vehicles.

Firstly, that's a world apart from your previous post. Initially you suggested that a dealer can't get 'as much' discount as a customer im would have if they'd usedthe VAT deal, and that's what we had issue with.

You then go on to say that a dealer might need 20k to cover cost on a demo car with a list of £25k. However the blackline in estate form has a list of just £22k.

I'm not saying the dealer shouldn't make a profit - not in the slightest. I just don't have any sympathy for any dealer charging new price or more on these vehicles.

Agreed I was wrong there apologies but you cant delete posts on here so consider my first post retracted. Dealer did say to me they dont get that much discount on new cars and I was too quick to say as such; its clearly not the case.

However point I'm trying to make is that now Octy 2 production has more or less ceased, prices (particularly the diesels) will firm up as there are plenty of people out there who want a new/nearly new Octy 2 vRS as they dont want to pay more money for a boring, run of the mill Octy 3 or even more money for a new Octy vRS when it finally surfaces.

Dealers know the cars will more or less sell themselves over the next few months; most people want a Blackline too as they want the Nav, DAB, leather and sensors. 20k is too much for that Blackline, paid 19 for exactly the same car new but thats besides the point I can almost guarantee that current demand for a practically new White DSG Blackline estate will see it sell for 20k or just below.

guys

am i right in saying all Dealers have to sell the blackline for £17,834 OTR if bought brand new? (ignoring any finance)

where did you get that figure from? the "list" or "pre-negotiation" price for my manual estate with metallic paint was 19,221

where did you get that figure from? the "list" or "pre-negotiation" price for my manual estate with metallic paint was 19,221

probably from the skoda website :)

The Octavia vRS Blackline is also available as part of the fantastic no VAT campaign meaning that you can get your hands on one for just £17,834 OTR?^. That's not all. You can also get a £500 contributuion towards your deposit and three years of free servicing† too by taking advantage of another great value offer from ŠKODA