Octavia vRS

@900000, are you talking about the estate or the hatch? Only the estate has a true panoramic sunroof, the hatch one is a regular old-school sunroof.

I got into a hatch but it makes no difference...  the front lip of either starts at the same point.  So yes for passengers in the back the estate's is better for sure, but for the driver/ front passenger either roof has limited openness over his/her head to be honest.

Hmmm, I remember seeing a photo of a Combi VRS from Goodwood, taken from the back seat where you could clearly see the front of the opening being in front of the driver's head...

Having sat in a new Octy 3 (...) due to the angle of the windscreen the front edge of the sunroof starts BEHIND the driver's head!

Hmmm, I remember seeing a photo of a Combi VRS from Goodwood, taken from the back seat where you could clearly see the front of the opening being in front of the driver's head...

Maybe not "behind, behind" but definitely much further than FL sunroof.

O3_Panorama.jpg

Maybe not "behind, behind" but definitely much further than FL sunroof.

Exactly.  Not "behind, behind" but imagine a person's head in the picture above. The front line of the Octy's sunroof starts where your eyes are and thus you don't "see" any sky.  It is no worse than any other cars if this ilk mind, it is just noticeable vs my Yeti.  That is all.

Yeti:

Essai-Skoda-Yeti--4X4--2299000-DA-taxe-i

interior-1.jpg

Note the front line of the sunroof relative to the grab handle.  It is about in line.  On the Octy this line is lining up nearly with the mid point of the grab handle.

Johann sat in my car. The roof has much more glass on the outside but the opening from the inside is a very much that of a conventional sun roof with regards to size and position. I haven't seen an estate with the panoramic roof so can't comment.

• Like 1

Having a glass roof makes the interior seem more airy and spacious by letting more light in -regardless of whether you have it open or not.  I found it a bit odd at first in a Roomster where the glass starts just above the windscreen.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested there is a Numberplate Dealer near me advertising a VRS registration I thought was brilliant.

VR5 3 OCT .

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll pass you their phone number

Isn't all the mirrors folded on the VRS' in the pictures just posted? I thought that was not an option (in the UK at least)

Don't know about UK, been to local Skoda today (oil weighting test) and they absolutely nothing about new vRS in print, but leccy heated, folding mirrors come as standard on RS in most places around that large land mass across the water.

The mirrors on my Elegance fold -don't see why you couldn't spec. it on a VRS if not already included.

I know of only one person on these forums who managed to get folding mirrors on a UK vRS. Somehow his dealer managed to get it through (along with rear heated seats).

I've never heard of anyone else managing to get them on a UK spec car.

I went again this night to look at the cars, knowing that it will be a long time until i will see a new vRS again :)

Anyway, as i was checking the cars, a jurnalist came out of the hotel and we started talking. He was from Russia and was the only non-car jurnalist from the grup, he works for a men's health magazine. He drove a TDI manual estate in blue race and said that he likes it a lot as a daily car and would definitely buy one. Torque was his favorite thing, and the elasticity of third gear. Also said the seats are perfect, comfortable and very supportive, but the place where you rest your right knee on a LHD car, (or left knee on RHD car) on the transmission tunnel, is very hard and on a long journey, kind of uncomfortable. One other negative, the bottom of the steering wheel, the chrome bit with the vRS badge, sometimes blinds you if the sunlight hits it from a certain angle.

One thing that amazed me was the lane keeping assistant, that from ~35mph is also steering the car if the lines on the tarmac are painted bright enough... didn't know that was possible.

And he said that he didn't get used to the progressive steering and needed some time to get confident with it.

His favorite color was "primer" :)

And yes, all the cars had folding mirrors.

here's a couple more pics, still not the best light.

IMG_20130801_210124_zpsd77fc1a1.jpg

IMG_20130801_210247_zps9f87594f.jpg

IMG_20130801_210517_zps98375d5f.jpg

IMG_20130801_225519_zps65f719b9.jpg

IMG_20130801_225649_zps68b950e0.jpg

IMG_20130801_225719_zpsb5982147.jpg

and old vs new with my car. would love some proper pics but that was all i could manage...

IMG_20130801_230648_zps2e08f713.jpg

IMG_20130801_230544_zps5d7f23a9.jpg

• Like 4

I agree with him on the primer colour it's great :) the yellow looks nothing in the mklll i have to say,looked better in the mkll.

The silver actually looks quiet well.

Does anyone know will they be making proper mudflaps for the Vrs?

Edited by Davidsr20

PaulMIG, I'm your fan! ;) Nice pics and nice getting the info from the journalist. The yellow looks great but I still wouldn't buy one. White/Primer/Race Blue for me.

For people asking about the folding mirrors, they're definitely optional but as you can see they can be specced. I would...

Plus, you want to see this: Enjoy!

PaulMIG, I'm your fan! ;) Nice pics and nice getting the info from the journalist. The yellow looks great but I still wouldn't buy one. White/Primer/Race Blue for me.

For people asking about the folding mirrors, they're definitely optional but as you can see they can be specced. I would...

Plus, you want to see this:

Looks like it's hitting 100kmh in under 5 seconds to me

Haha, you can actually see the fuel gauge move :-)

looks properly fast and very flexible..even sounds fruity!