Delivery times

I ordered Octavia Elegance 2.0TD Estate, with Winter pack on the 12th August.  Originally it had a build week of 42.  I got a phone call from the dealer in week 41 to tell me it might be Christmas or next year.

Glasgow dealer has been great so far, but not impressed with Skoda UK...   Latest is it's provisionally week 47 but might move back.  I was asked if I wanted to take the Front assist off the order as it "might move the order forward".

If it is a parts shortage, surely Skoda can tell me when they will have all the parts to build the car?

Has anyone else taken off the front assist off their order?

Edited by glaskoda

I ordered an 1.4 Elegance DSG estate last week of August, dealer quoted 12 weeks and gave me a provisional week 43 build. The car was built Monday Week 43 due collection mid November. 

I added ACC, three spoke wheel and power boot.

8 weeks between order an build and should be with me within 10 to 12 weeks from ordering.

I do wonder if their is some sort of dealer allocation.

I ordered an 1.4 Elegance DSG estate last week of August, dealer quoted 12 weeks and gave me a provisional week 43 build. The car was built Monday Week 43 due collection mid November. 

I added ACC, three spoke wheel and power boot.

8 weeks between order an build and should be with me within 10 to 12 weeks from ordering.

I do wonder if their is some sort of dealer allocation.

Yes there is some sort of dealer allocation on a monthly basis I believe, once your dealer hits that allocation your order gets bumped to the following month, thats what happened to mine, I ordered 20th Sept, dealer had hit the allocation so mine couldnt officially hit the Skoda system until October 1st, I presume, then it took 3 weeks to get provisinal build date of week 49, so if thats the case with the delays over Xmas, I am looking at mid January to collect so that will be around 16 weeks or so, my current tax runs out end of December, dealer initially said they woudl retax my car for me to keep me in it, but now have said they will give me a loan car from December 31st until mine arrives, however, the build week could move forward or back til confirmed, you never know, it might move forward!  Who knows!

I've just been told I have a confirmed build for week 44. So should hopefully see it before Xmas. So far exactly as the dealer predicted. Ordered 24th September tsi estate dsg in race blue with canton, sunset glass, black pack, and bum warmers. Can't wait.

Same here, was week 2 and now not showing at all. Hope this means a *leap* forward, but Skoda UK are parroting the same line that all cars with lane assist are subject to delays (didn't mention ACC to me). Said won't know anything more till mid Nov, but not sure I take that. Interestingly trackmySkoda seems to work for me, even though Alex Lawrie are not part of that group (or are they?)

I just typed in my order number and it says 'your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date'.

Whether that'll change if I get a build date, I'm not sure as I ordered from Sparshatts in Fareham.

Just been allocated a Wk 42 build for my vRs estate diesel. Ordered on 5th August.

I ordered, VRS TDI Estate - Amundsen/SS Glass/Canton/CC - on 19th September and was given a build week of 44 if that gives some idea of orders built per week.

Spoke to dealer a few days ago and he said car has a production order meaning it will be built next week on schedule. Estimated delivery 16th December.

Edited by Skodasim

Spoke to dealer a few days ago and he said car has a production order meaning it will be built next week on schedule. Estimated delivery 16th December.

Holy crap, what are they doing, pushing it from the factory!?

I just typed in my order number and it says 'your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date'.

Whether that'll change if I get a build date, I'm not sure as I ordered from Sparshatts in Fareham.

You get that response no matter what number you put in (try 123456) , unless of course you actually ordered from the companies involved.

Glaskoda ours isn't here but is in uk

We ordered 6th April think ours was one of the first ordered and last to be built lol

That's how it feels

What!!!! Chunkstar - that is terrible - 7 months!  Sorry to hear of the huge delay - At least it is nearly with you.  When were you told the car would be in the UK?  What were the issues holding it up?  Winter pack?

I was told it was the 'Front Assist' that is holding up my car (a standard Elegance Estate with winter pack) and notice that some people are being told it's the 'Lane assist' - Is this the same thing?

Edited by glaskoda

Truthfully dealer is shocking never told me nothing ,and believe me I have asked

I have found out everything on here really 1st was Panoroof then dsg then well the list goes on oh and they sacked the salesman !!!

We px evoque as evoque was going to bankrupt us 28 mpg on a diesel plus big pcp cost so we drove bmw 3 tourer ,Mazda 6 ,golf to see if estate was needed as we are starting family and also getting dog ! Yes I'm mad ! I thought octavia at last minute and that's when we ordered on the launch weekend ,other reason was ,Best value really plus great mpg,good ownership as skoda seem to do well in surveys "just not our dealer" lol

All in a bit of a saga

I ordered a 2.0TDI Elegance estate on 19 Aug.

Build week had been week 43 (i.e. this week) since about early September.

Then today I get an email saying that order has moved to week 48 due to issues with the supply of Front Assist.

After shipping etc, looks like will be into the new year before I take delivery.

Not impressed with Skoda!

Any ideas what my chances are of being able to request a loan-car from the dealer until my car arrives?

Surely the dealer should have known before the actual build week that there was delays.

• Like 1

Any ideas what my chances are of being able to request a loan-car from the dealer until my car arrives?

Surely the dealer should have known before the actual build week that there was delays.

But of course they knew.

They're in the business of shifting lumps of metal for lots of money.

My dealer has already advised me that closer to delivery date I will have to attend their showroom for "an appointment" to sign the relevant paperwork.......I know full well, he's going to try and sell me GAP insurance, an extended warranty and the fabric/paint protector.

What other industry would you pay someone £24k and they still insist upon upselling some overpriced crap?

Starting to get incredibly tired of waiting for my car, think it's very bad of Skoda who can not do their job in a professional manner, always is there any product that has delivery problems.

Dealer called today to tell me mine has arrived in the UK. They hope to have it on Monday at the latest and that I should expect to pick it up either Wednesday or Thursday.

VRS TSI DSG hatch

Race blue

Sunset glass, park assist, std cruise control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

But of course they knew.

They're in the business of shifting lumps of metal for lots of money.

My dealer has already advised me that closer to delivery date I will have to attend their showroom for "an appointment" to sign the relevant paperwork.......I know full well, he's going to try and sell me GAP insurance, an extended warranty and the fabric/paint protector.

What other industry would you pay someone £24k and they still insist upon upselling some overpriced crap?

The software industry.

• Like 1

SBN, when did you order?

i confirmed my order on 6th Septemeber but it was a car the dealer had ordered for stock on 1st August.

so:

1st Aug -  car ordered

6th Sept - confirmed as mine

21st Oct - built

25th Oct - sat at Emden