Richard's GT-R thread, old and new!

BossFox

• 3 weeks later...

Looks brilliant. When do you pick it up?

I'm hoping it'll be delivered in about a week, it's too far away for me to go and collect it.  MPG makes it easier to transport. ;)

And I thought I had too many cars!  :rofl:

Whats the plans for it? Mental drag strip screamer?

I want to keep it fairly stock and just use it.

• Like 2

I do completely understand though.

Given the performance car in your stable (GTR) is gone and the work in progress replacement (CitiGo-Go) not ready for a few months you need to plug the gap and get your fix.

You know, for the moments when harrassing everything and anything in a Yeti isn't enough :D

• Like 2

I do completely understand though.

Given the performance car in your stable (GTR) is gone and the work in progress replacement (CitiGo-Go) not ready for a few months you need to plug the gap and get your fix.

You know, for the moments when harrassing everything and anything in a Yeti isn't enough :D

I'm glad you've come round to my way of thinking... :rofl:

• Like 1

I want to keep it fairly stock and just use it.

As SWMBO used to say on a different subject 'We'll see!' there is no hope Richard so you'll just have to give in.....

These were 280bhp stock weren't they? Good looking car and nice to see one in red rather than black or dark purple.  

Yes, due to the Japs having an agreement with their government all the top cars ran around 276-280bhp.

Clearly they were capable of more and 350-400bhp requires little more than a few tweaks and a remap.

This is running a Mine's ECU so will be lightly tuned.  I'll find out the exact power when I get it checked.

But I specifically didn't want a heavilly tuned one.  Internal engine work is suggested around 450bhp, but I don't want to go that high.

That was a silly agreement and neutered lots of stuff. Watching Hot Version and seeing them go up against European cars was sometimes painful to watch. Mine's are the tuner I think of when someone says GTR

Yes, it was apparently because they had a few issues with people doing mad street races etc...

Problem was, the car was clearly capable of a lot more and easy to just turn the power up with minimal cost. :giggle:

Alot of the cars limited by the gentlemans agreement usually came out with more power than officially stated lol. Seen plenty of imprezas/evos/skylines running way over in completely stock form.

Day