I didn't know it could do that!

Yeah but have you noticed every once in a while it doesn't go all the way back up (or maybe it drops 100% then lifts 99% and over time seems to have dropped down)? Or is that just mine? As it was a VCDS change I can't really give the local dealer any grief about it.

Its not the memory mirror motor so doesnt track the X & Y adjustment changes that the more advanced motor would do.

Trust2k retrofitted the memory mirror motor to his car to get around this....though hes added alsorts of retrofits to his car clever wotsit!

Yeah but have you noticed every once in a while it doesn't go all the way back up (or maybe it drops 100% then lifts 99% and over time seems to have dropped down)?  Or is that just mine?  As it was a VCDS change I can't really give the local dealer any grief about it.

Mine is factory and haven't seen it do anything strange, it goes back to "zero" every time.

Its not the memory mirror motor so doesnt track the X & Y adjustment changes that the more advanced motor would do.

Trust2k retrofitted the memory mirror motor to his car to get around this....though hes added alsorts of retrofits to his car clever wotsit!

Mine is factory and haven't seen it do anything strange, it goes back to "zero" every time.

Thanks both.  That explains it!  It's not a big deal but every week or so I have to manually raise the passenger mirror back to where it should be.

The fluorescent thing in the fuel cap cover is an ice scraper... Spring now

It can also be used as a glow stick in black-light rave parties.... If that's your thing [emoji6]

It can also be used as a glow stick in black-light rave parties.... If that's your thing [emoji6]

and cutting up your kilo....  if that's your thing  :peek:

• Like 3

The trip computer rolls over the digits, like an old car even though it's a screen.....

I've not explained that well.... But if it doesn't make sense, go and drive a mile and watch it :-)

Only on colour maxi-dot, I *think*.

• Like 2

The first day with our new Octy is now behind me and I've already had a few "oh, that's neat!" -moments.

• I noticed that in the Driver assistance setup menu there's an option for "Driver alert System". Didn't know it was standard!

• As I was departing a multi strory car park i realized that the engine breaking in D is quite clever. When I went down a ramp with my foot off the accelerator, it used quite a lot of engine breaking, but as soon as my foot ever so gently touched the pedal it started to coast.

• Since I didn't pick Canton there's a handy little closable storage bin in the place of the subwoofer. (And the sound quality isn't half bad after some adjustments and with high quality AAC files.

• The Auto label on the light switch changes color when the lights turn on.

• There are floor lights even for the rear seats!

I do have some minor gripes as well:

• The car seems to be a bit overly protective...there's a tone for just about everything.

• I can use the ACC stalk to raise the speed by 1 or 10 km/h, but only lower it by 10 km/h...or am I missing something?

• When setting radio station logos, it doesn't display the station name at the top of the display...I have a short memory damn it!

• When saving seat/mirror positions, there's no confirmation that you've pressed M until you press a number, and the button feeling is a bit vague.

• It uses an unnecessarily low gear when driving around in a parking garage. I get it, there was a ramp 20 m ago, get over it!

• Factory fitted tires are a budget brand...

All in all, I'm really happy on how good it is...can't wait to get some km's under my belt.

Edited by kallekilponen
  • Like 2

The first day with our new Octy is now behind me and I've already had a few "oh, that's neat!" -moments.

• I noticed that in the Driver assistance setup menu there's an option for "Driver alert System". Didn't know it was standard!

• As I was departing a multi strory car park i realized that the engine breaking in D is quite clever. When I went down a ramp with my foot off the accelerator, it used quite a lot of engine breaking, but as soon as my foot ever so gently touched the pedal it started to coast.

• Since I didn't pick Canton there's a handy little closable storage bin in the place of the subwoofer. (And the sound quality isn't half bad after some adjustments and with high quality AAC files.

• The Auto label on the light switch changes color when the lights turn on.

• There are floor lights even for the rear seats!

I do have some minor gripes as well:

• The car seems to be a bit overly protective...there's a tone for just about everything.

• I can use the ACC stalk to raise the speed by 1 or 10 km/h, but only lower it by 10 km/h...or am I missing something?

• When setting radio station logos, it doesn't display the station name at the top of the display...I have a short memory damn it!

• When saving seat/mirror positions, there's no confirmation that you've pressed M until you press a number, and the button feeling is a bit vague.

• It uses an unnecessarily low gear when driving around in a parking garage. I get it, there was a ramp 20 m ago, get over it!

All in all, I'm really happy on how good it is...can't wait to get some km's under my belt.

Congrats. Good luck with it [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Press the set button to decrease by 1 when at cruising speed.

Haven't really noticed the memory buttons being vague, but then I've not needed to change the memory for months! Is a little annoying that it doesn't actually return to the lowest position it can be no matter how many times I set it.

Mine came with Pirelli P7s which seem ok at the moment.

Glad you're enjoying it though, loving mine too :)

Mine came with Pirelli summer tires so I could choose the winter tires myself. Although I'm pretty sure the Pirellis are not suitable for nordic weather. So just sell them and buy whatever TM suggests next month.

Press the set button to decrease by 1 when at cruising speed.

Haven't really noticed the memory buttons being vague, but then I've not needed to change the memory for months! Is a little annoying that it doesn't actually return to the lowest position it can be no matter how many times I set it.

Mine came with Pirelli P7s which seem ok at the moment.

Glad you're enjoying it though, loving mine too :)

Thanks, didn't realize the set button decreases it!

I'd just like some tactile feedback from the button. A nice "click" when pressed so I don't have to guess if I pressed the memory button or not. But you're right. It's not like I have to use them that often, since the settings are saved for the key.

We didn't notice the tire brand until we got home. It's on winters now so there's no hurry, but I plan to take the summer tires with me to the dealers (when I go pick up the boot mat they have on backorder) some time next week and have them swapped for a better brand.

That's a very good dealer if they will change perfectly good tyres just because you don't like the brand, there's no promise in the literature of a certain brand being supplied, out of goodwill as a valued customer maybe.......

I don't expect a particular brand but I do expect a brand...

(And naturally I'm prepared to pay for the difference if need be; I'm sure they'll be able to sell them to someone else since they're brand new and never used on a road.)

I don't expect a particular brand but I do expect a brand...

(And naturally I'm prepared to pay for the difference if need be; I'm sure they'll be able to sell them to someone else since they're brand new and never used on a road.)

Nexen tyres are a pretty well known brand these days? Normally seem to do well in tyre tests.

• Like 1

Found something I did not see listed in the brochure.

My car is a 2015 build 1.4TSI DSG with the Marmite 'love it or hate it' Stop & Go.

Stop with footbrake applied firmly at point of stop - engine cuts.

Stop with footbrake applied lightly at point of stop - engine does not cut but car held stationary, any increase in pressure does cut engine.

Even light pressure seems to hold the car but not tested on steep inclines yet, try it for yourselves, you can control when stop and go cuts in.

Nexen tyres are a pretty well known brand these days? Normally seem to do well in tyre tests.

I have to say I've never heard of them before...nor have I seen them participating in any tire tests in Finnish car magazines. And from what I read online it would seem they're pretty good in wet conditions, but not so good in the dry...and can get loud over time.

Found something I did not see listed in the brochure.

My car is a 2015 build 1.4TSI DSG with the Marmite 'love it or hate it' Stop & Go.

Stop with footbrake applied firmly at point of stop - engine cuts.

Stop with footbrake applied lightly at point of stop - engine does not cut but car held stationary, any increase in pressure does cut engine.

Even light pressure seems to hold the car but not tested on steep inclines yet, try it for yourselves, you can control when stop and go cuts in.

It's in the manual. ;) And I've found it to be pretty intuitive, in just 2 days I've learnt to control when it cuts and when it doesn't.

Edited by kallekilponen

It's in the manual. ;) And I've found it to be pretty intuitive, in just 2 days I've learnt to control when it cuts and when it doesn't.

Manual,..... the book in the dash? Only read that if I wish to punish myself**. I'll give it to swmbo as I hear they are good at those things....... :notme:

**Thought I'd see how to replace the bulbs so started with the rear quarters, 'manual?' stated to pull trim with a bit of the tool kit see page whatever, undo two screws and pull unit in direction of arrow. Then give it a shakey movement! I'm only that shakey after a night on the tiles :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

Do you think it would budge? Course not!, shook it, waggled it, pulled it, cursed it and it would not let go. I feared I might catch the paintwork if I tried any harder.

Manual,..... the book in the dash? Only read that if I wish to punish myself**. I'll give it to swmbo as I hear they are good at those things....... :notme:

I guess I'm weird then, because I download and read manuals for fun:D  (And never buy anything electric/mechanical without reading the manual first.)

• Like 1