Anybody ordered a L&K yet?

D-day tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think you had better go to bed early tonight as you will have a busy day tomorrow.

We don't want any messing about waffling that photos will come later. Make sure you have camera in hand so we can see the most intimate photos possible. I'm talking about the new L&K, of course !!

I suppose you will be waiting outside the showroom at about 08:00 so you can see the unveiling ceremony as the car is wheeled out of the garage and the sales director performs the "handing over of keys ceremony".

Have a great day, I am envious !!

• Like 1

I wish, I am on a 6 am train to London and get back about 2:30pm, then off to pick the car up!

I'll grab some photos at the showroom, but will do a load on Sunday.

First task when I get home about 5pm will be to enable traffic sign recognition!

• Like 2

Andy

So tomorrow is the day!! Enjoy the day- once you get to the dealers.

I picked my vRS up 6 months ago, I even got a birthday cake from the dealer - it was my birthday and the vRS was my birthday present to my self.

As I said ENJOY and can't wait to see the pics.

Steve

• Like 2

Not sure on the interior, would be nice to be able to have the option of black or cream. The wheels and pano roof look great, enjoy.

Not sure on the interior, would be nice to be able to have the option of black or cream. The wheels and pano roof look great, enjoy.

The pics I loaded showing the interior makes it look worse - it is so much nicer in the flesh, several of my work colleagues this week have been surprised at how brown/black it all is and works well together for 'Browns'.

• Like 1

I wish, I am on a 6 am train to London and get back about 2:30pm, then off to pick the car up!

I'll grab some photos at the showroom, but will do a load on Sunday.

First task when I get home about 5pm will be to enable traffic sign recognition!

Hope the drive home is fab this afternoon!

• Like 1

Hope the drive home is fab this afternoon!

It was, I took it nice and slow as befits a L&K driver :)

Photos tomorrow, it is dark, I am knackered, and fancy a glass of wine!

It seems so much quieter and smoother than the Elegance with the same engine and box that I traded in.

• Like 3

The pics I loaded showing the interior makes it look worse - it is so much nicer in the flesh, several of my work colleagues this week have been surprised at how brown/black it all is and works well together for 'Browns'.

Agreed, with the darker cream trim and headlining and the piano black it is a classy place to be.

Glad I didn't spec the fake wood, the piano black sets it all off nicely.

• Like 1

Nice one Andy

Looking forward to seeing the photos - especially the interior; seems to be a common consensus the brown hue(s) are much more subtle in the flesh?

Quieter and smoother - better sound proofing you think? I do find my Elegance 2.0 DSG a little noisy at some speeds and on certain road surfaces.

• Like 1

Nice one Andy

Looking forward to seeing the photos - especially the interior; seems to be a common consensus the brown hue(s) are much more subtle in the flesh?

Quieter and smoother - better sound proofing you think? I do find my Elegance 2.0 DSG a little noisy at some speeds and on certain road surfaces.

Not sure why it seems quieter, even the wife said so and I specced the sports suspension which does not feel any crashier on the road than the standard.

The reversing camera is brilliant and I am getting the hang of KESSY.

ACC is absolutely brilliant, LA takes a bit of getting used to, but like others have said it seems to be better if the Adaptive setting is disabled.

Power trunk is one of things that makes you want to just stand outside opening and closing the boot!

I'll get PLENTY of photos tomorrow, keep in mind that it has not been valeted by the dealer, all they have done is removed the film and made sure any sticky residue was removed.

I need to get it detailed now - can anyone lend me a car for two days LOL

• Like 2

Not sure why it seems quieter, even the wife said so and I specced the sports suspension which does not feel any crashier on the road than the standard.

The reversing camera is brilliant and I am getting the hang of KESSY.

ACC is absolutely brilliant, LA takes a bit of getting used to, but like others have said it seems to be better if the Adaptive setting is disabled.

Power trunk is one of things that makes you want to just stand outside opening and closing the boot!

I'll get PLENTY of photos tomorrow, keep in mind that it has not been valeted by the dealer, all they have done is removed the film and made sure any sticky residue was removed.

I need to get it detailed now - can anyone lend me a car for two days LOL

I dunno. First you wanted a wonga loan, now another car for 2 days?

• Like 1

ACC is absolutely brilliant, - totally agree with this.

LA takes a bit of getting used to - still to play with this, more potato mud on verge edges means not running well for me....

Power trunk is one of things that makes you want to just stand outside opening and closing the boot! - yes! And I now don't get muddy fingers when getting laptop / pushchair in and out, love it even more after a weeks driving, will never not have it from now on. How can I get the keyfob to shut as well as open......?

I'll get PLENTY of photos tomorrow - great.

• Like 1

Long time before I get my Octy but I am wondering what that cover is for on the nearside between wheel arch and rear? Seen it on some cars but not others, and some seem to be higher than others. Just me being nosey interested! My Elegance will come with VBF but I would like to fit the SE rear 'side boards' Seen any mods with VBF and boards?

I'll get more when it is detailed - it is a bit grubby on the outside and the light isn't brilliant today

Andy, it looks great, hope you enjoy your new toys, defo makes me want to upgrade, I do fancy a 1.8 TSI hatch with all the trimmings, but also interested to see what a top spec Superb III has to offer next year, or a Jag XE in poverty spec! :rofl:

• Like 1

Looks good Andy. Didn't realise it has the same clocks as the VRS - very nice. Love the wheels as well - before I ordered my Octy, was very tempted with the Superb L&K, that has great wheels too. Didn't like the stated delivery time vs the Octy though....

Love the new avatar as well - classy!

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Long time before I get my Octy but I am wondering what that cover is for on the nearside between wheel arch and rear? Seen it on some cars but not others, and some seem to be higher than others. Just me being nosey interested! My Elegance will come with VBF but I would like to fit the SE rear 'side boards' Seen any mods with VBF and board

I think you mean the side parking sensor... comes on cars with the Park Assist.

Very, very nice Andy. Looks like you need some front mud flaps to prevent spoiling that white! How's the pano roof?

Mud flaps are in the garage waiting to be fitted, along with the Rearguards bumper protector.

Pano roof is excellent, not really had a chance to use it though!

• Like 1

...Didn't realise it has the same clocks as the VRS - very nice...

Just looking at the brochure, they are similar to vRS, but actually seem to be unique to the L&K?