MY16

Sorry if it's already been covered but couldn't see it on checking.

I've ordered a 140 PS 1.4 TSI which I've been told is going to be the MY16 150 PS,does it have act like a similar powered VW?

Nope . not yet. (maybe MY 2017 or later this year, who knows) MY2016 still doesnt have ACT.

Edit : New SuperB has it , reading mixed messages about ACT on MY2016 on Octavia's.  Maybe someone else can clarify

Edited by doncalitri

I wonder is it same boat that goes from Emden to UK....then onto Ireland?

Is there only x1 UK landing port?....I believe it can land in x2 places in Ireland (Cork OR Wexford).

There's sheerness, Grimsby, and Tyne AFAIK

• Like 1

Nope . not yet. (maybe MY 2017 or later this year, who knows) MY2016 still doesnt have ACT.

Edit : New SuperB has it , reading mixed messages about ACT on MY2016 on Octavia's.  Maybe someone else can clarify

Just been into my local dealer today to check Vrs lead times and he suggested new engines may come after summer shut down? Apparently Vrs may get the new 190bhp SCR tdi engine from the Passat - more power and lower CO2!?

Popped into the dealerahip today and got to see our MY16 car (1.4Tsi DSG SE-L) very briefly!!

As per Warkman, MIB2 6.5in screen and no CD in the glovebox. Park assist was there as expected. Interestingly the side mirrors had courtesy lights which I'm not sure if that's always been standard or its an MY16 thing. Also steering wheel is a 3 spoke and smarter looking with some Chrome accents.

Looked awesome!!

• Like 3

Ordered my vrs tsi 8/6 got a build date week of 29/7 delivery for about mid August.

Is there a tracker or do you have to ask dealer/ SUK

Ordered my vrs tsi 8/6 got a build date week of 29/7 delivery for about mid August.

If you get your order number off dealer you can ring skoda uk to track it, but i would wait 8 weeks before doing that.

lucky you! What spec did you go for as my build week is not until the end of September!!! DSG or non DSG?

Popped into the dealerahip today and got to see our MY16 car (1.4Tsi DSG SE-L) very briefly!!

As per Warkman, MIB2 6.5in screen and no CD in the glovebox. Park assist was there as expected. Interestingly the side mirrors had courtesy lights which I'm not sure if that's always been standard or its an MY16 thing. Also steering wheel is a 3 spoke and smarter looking with some Chrome accents.

Looked awesome!!

My Brother picked his up on Saturday although they couldn't get the Sat Nav working, tried 2 Octavia SD Cards in it but it didn't want to play, hopefully this will be sorted out this week, he would have been more annoyed if he had paid for it lol. Luckily we saw a post somewhere else on here about the lack of CD Player so I ripped some CD's onto an SD Card for him so we had something other than the radio to listen to!

Even the dealer at the handover was caught out by no cd player!

• Like 1

My MY16 scout is at the dealership.

It was the MY16 scout stuff like offroad mode and reduced VED, but looks like the smaller amundsen and still has CD Player and 2SD cards.

Go figure...

It was the MY16 scout stuff like offroad mode and reduced VED, but looks like the smaller amundsen and still has CD Player and 2SD cards.

Go figure...

Had you ordered Smart Link?

Go figure...

Have you actually looked, as the blanking plate in the glove box looks remarkably like a CD Player but it isn't it just has the 2 SD Card slots underneath an "outline" of a CD Player.

As far as I can tell the screen is larger than that on my Amundsen + fitted in my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech!

Hmm, didnt look *that* closely, but the screen didn't look 6.5" inches across (And, trust me, I know exactly how long 3.25" is...)

Having said that, maybe it was 6.5" on the diagonal - looked smaller than the demonstrator's columbus, from memory.

No I didn't order smartlink :(  wasn't an option when I ordered - so any advice on retrofit would be well received :)

Hmm, didnt look *that* closely, but the screen didn't look 6.5" inches across (And, trust me, I know exactly how long 3.25" is...)

Having said that, maybe it was 6.5" on the diagonal - looked smaller than the demonstrator's columbus, from memory.

No I didn't order smartlink :(  wasn't an option when I ordered - so any advice on retrofit would be well received :)

I think that you'll find that the Columbus has a bigger screen then all the others and it would be measured across the diagonal as all TV's/Monitors are.:)

• Like 1

lucky you! What spec did you go for as my build week is not until the end of September!!! DSG or non DSG?

black pack, heated screen+seats+washers, rallye green. manual

when I ordered they expected it mid to late august. im surprised the build dates so soon and the mid aug delivery was an estimate of a month after build week.

• Like 1

black pack, heated screen+seats+washers, rallye green. manual

when I ordered they expected it mid to late august. im surprised the build dates so soon and the mid aug delivery was an estimate of a month after build week.

Seems like the 6 speed DSG might be the delay then? Oh well I guess I will just have to wait for 5 months for mine then :(

Doesn't explain mine which is manual :(

Very true bud, I think it's just hit and miss. Probably right with your first thinking, all to do with allocations given to dealers.

At the moment it looks like I will not have the car for my holiday which means I  will have to rent one for the week, poor little Buck is just too small :(

Seems like the 6 speed DSG might be the delay then? Oh well I guess I will just have to wait for 5 months for mine then :(

I thought you werent sticking with Skoda and were going the C-Class / BMW / Undecided route?

• Like 1

I thought you werent sticking with Skoda and were going the C-Class / BMW / Undecided route?

I wasn't.......but have you ever dealt with a MB dealer? Worst experience in my life!! :P

I actually wanted to go down the Hybrid route, but available issues on the C350e but a stop to that. Also considered the Outlander PHEV but it's the dullest car in the world to drive, and worked out a month double the Octavia!! (Seriously low end value on these).

In the end the Skoda (now on 0% and discount) made the most sense without having to use my savings.

Ok yes it will drop in price but then so do both MB and BMW.

That will run me for 3 years and hopefully Skoda will have it's only Hybrid then!

Golf or Passat GTE?

Golf is a bit too small and to be honest I didn't know about the Passat GTE and I'm even surprised the VW dealer didn't suggest this when I commented on the golf was too small.

Shame as the Passat looks rather nice!

The Passat has only just been launched (I think) - probably only just started making them at a guess with the new model year and all that jazz.

From the VW website: 

The Passat GTE will become available to order in the UK in June, with first deliveries in October 2015.

I'm in two minds on the Golf - boot isn't huge on the standard one and you lose even more with the fuel tank moving to the boot floor; apparently the difference is the effect of leaving the variable boot floor in the "up" position all the time, but without the bit underneath being available.

Edited by philhoward

Having just driven a new passat for the past 3 months I wouldn't bother with it, it's not a good experience, it's also a much bigger car, it's the superb of the vw range.

Edited by Crogers