What about the things that annoy you?

You're saying the Octavias rear seat isn't comfortable for adults? I personally think it's one of the roomiest and most comfortable rear seats I've ever sat in...not counting the S-class Mercedes etc.

I was referring to the situation of two car seats and an adult in between.

It would me too, why not retune it to something else?

Or is it that you can press a button to access voice control!!

It's the volume control so unless you keep it pointing up and only control volume through the steering wheel it's always going to be in some weird orientation!

It's the volume control so unless you keep it pointing up and only control volume through the steering wheel it's always going to be in some weird orientation!

If they can't arrange for the centre to be fixed and only the ring to rotate, they shouldn't put a symbol on it at all.

• Like 1

Not annoyed, but a bit worried that none of it annoys me.....

I suppose the fact we had a puncture, wife didn't notice it, drove on it and had to keep going until she could safely stop, which ruined the tyre, which cost me £80 is as close as I've got

But stopping immediately would have cost more than a new tyre if the car had been hit.

And though the TPMS didn't flag it up, I'm not sure I'm that bothered..... The other (better) system has the downside of expensive valves and if she'd run that flat then maybe damage to the transmitter.

So I'm still in a state of happiness/ambivalence after 6000 miles and 6 months.

If they can't arrange for the centre to be fixed and only the ring to rotate, they shouldn't put a symbol on it at all.

Is this one of those obsessive/compulsive things??

• Like 1

I've only has. my car, 2 litre TDI L&K model manual 07, since July 21st and on the whole I'm loving it ....

A few niggles I've noticed are having no pause button on the CD player and it doesn't okay WMA files only MP3 files and I was shocked at how small the fuel tank is compared to my old C5 .... suspension/noise are quite intrusive but again I was expecting tuns with 17" wheels and 45 profile tyres but again I've owened Xantia's and C5's for the last 10 years so I guess nothing will compare to that.

That certainly doesn't help. On our child seat the isofix is optional, so we might be able to gain an extra inch by not using it. The child seat has side impact protection bits that unscrew and stick out towards the door, but on the Octavia there's still an enormous gap to the door even with them unscrewed as far as possible.

When we start using a second child seat the generous legroom in the back of the car will be completely wasted, because we'll never be able to fit an adult in the back.

Unfortunately the Octavia isnt that wide being based on the Mk7 Golf. Have the same complaint...two child seats in; you have to be about a foot wide or a good contortionist as an adult to sit in the middle. A real shame given that otherwise its v roomy.

That said same extends to the boot....deep and square but actually not that wide (again the car being the same width as a Golf).....some larger objects just dont fit so well in there width ways despite the cavernous depth of the boot being able to swallow it.

Main gripe I have is the mirror doesn't dip when I've used vcds sometimes. Mine is a pic spec 2013 rs... No sports mode, round bottom steering Wheel, no camera... Nothing. It works sometimes, but often have to reset it by turning it to the right them back again.

Wonder if you can make the drivers dip as well...

Can't you just pause a cd by pressing the volume roller (mute) on steering wheel? Doesn't that actually pause a track rather than mute it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does on mine.

Main gripe I have is the mirror doesn't dip when I've used vcds sometimes. Mine is a pic spec 2013 rs... No sports mode, round bottom steering Wheel, no camera... Nothing. It works sometimes, but often have to reset it by turning it to the right them back again.

Wonder if you can make the drivers dip as well...

Octavias without memory seats dont come with the memory door mirror motor. Wierdly all Golf mk7's with folding mirrors have the function.

You'll probably find therefore its a bit hit or miss as the car cannot store the X & Y values set...I think when coded it just moves the mirror on the Y plane by a set amount and no more.

You can retrofit a memor mirror motor though, a guy on here who has done loads of retrofits on his Mk3 vRS has done it.

Also yes with the right coding both mirrors can be made to do it.

Mk2 was the same, used to annoy me when a passenger adjusted the volume and it wasn't "centre" anymore.......though thinking about it maybe I need to get out more!

• Like 3

My MIB2 Bolero doesn't seem to include a setting for traffic report volume. The manual says that it should be the first entry in the volume menu, but all I have is an "Announcements" option. I can't work out what it's supposed to do but it doesn't seem to affect traffic reports.

I have sat in Audi A7 yesterday with top spec interior and than I realized what cheap piece of crap Octavia is inside :D

Sit inside a Rolls Royce and then you realise what a cheap piece of crap an Audi A7 is.

Basically you get what you pay for but the Octavia compares quite favourably with other cars in its price range.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 4

The drivers seat doesn't seem to adjust quite low enough for me to feel completely comfortable. Also with the steering wheel in its highest position I catch my knees on the underside of the steering column.

Could you tell how tall/wide you are? It could give a useful reference point for others :)

Suspect the outside space is a safety requirement, to allow deployment of the curtain airbags, and deflection of the doors/pillars in side impacts.

Correct. To satisfy legislation, all vehicles have a "space envelope" for the people inside. Doors, panels, trim, etc., cannot be inside this area.

Sit inside a Rolls Royce and then you realise what a cheap piece of crap an Audi A7 is.

Basically you get what you pay for but the Octavia compares quite favourably with other cars in its price range.

I know the price difference, but I am an audi snob :D, and once you see, feel and touch those materials, its hard to come back..

I think I cant drive my car any more, I will have to walk :D

The fuel capacity is pathetic, I had over 55l in my mini cooper s, the radio knob is causing me to have major ocd it should be a plain knob not painted so if it's not at 12 o'clock it won't infuriate me, also the steering wheel volume doesn't work unless ignition is on. Just noticed wear on my drivers seat material after 2 months so going back to dealership

• Like 1

8cb1122c1bb1706c118710af5e59e241.jpg

This annoys me...

Me too, I just don't use it and only adjust the volume on the steering wheel.   I had an 2008 Civic with the same setup but the centre was a seperate peice so didn't turn with the knob, can't be that hard to do...

• Like 2