Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

Puma almost ready to go. Many shades of white under the wrap.

Ncsu4N.jpg

First time I'll ever sit in it will be for the qualifying session on Sunday morning at 9am.

Looked at last years results and best 1700cc Puma time was 2.26 at Snetterton. 23rd in qualifying.

So I'd like to do a fair bit better than that as it's about 10 seconds off Danny's test time in the Focus! :D

Although to be fair that is well set up and has about 70bhp more.

Good luck to you all :)

• Like 4

For all your label needs contact John Dudley at Limpet Labels, they have a digital machine so can print just about anything you need.

You can mention me, Jamie Hyde, you may get a discount (or he may charge double!)    

Limpet Labels

• Like 1

Puma almost ready to go. Many shades of white under the wrap.

Ncsu4N.jpg

First time I'll ever sit in it will be for the qualifying session on Sunday morning at 9am.

Looked at last years results and best 1700cc Puma time was 2.26 at Snetterton. 23rd in qualifying.

So I'd like to do a fair bit better than that as it's about 10 seconds off Danny's test time in the Focus! :D

Although to be fair that is well set up and has about 70bhp more.

On first look I'm thinking, "Christ he needs to sort that arch gap!", then I spotted the obvious. Sometimes my own stupidity knows no bounds.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well done fella. I'll be honest I completely forgot about the elan, looked at the races and thought no one was racing till Sunday and I am working so never thought to have a gander. The track pushes the events quite well through Facebook and the like too. Shame they don't have webcam feeds from around the track on these days.

• Like 1

Fantastic chaps, well done. Unlucky for Danny though, but these things are to be expected I suppose. Everyone will breakdown with something during the season. Hope he enjoyed it otherwise though. Go Puma!

• Like 2

Bit gutted for the guys on the team, Gee and Rob. They was looking forward to the pit stop. Fastest time for that in a practice run was 31 seconds. Anything under 45 is a good stop.

• Like 4

It was a great day. Danny was unfortunate to develop a problem during the race that caused a DNF but as said above that is racing. When you want to be top every last bit of power and reliability has to be wrestled from the car sometimes things will go wrong. The misfire was cured and a cramped refuelling acheived, LOL Gee and Rob. Let alone the comical nature of Danny trying to get out and Rob and Gee copping a feel as they were trying to get him back in and away again. ;)

Richard and the Puma did really well and getting a second in class against a awesome BMW that was going very well is amazing.

So kudos all round gentleman and onto Silverstone next. :D

• Like 4

Those were the best 6 laps of my life!

Started the day with no power steering. Made the car a bit harder to drive but still no less fun. You had to work harder for it.

Rolling start, 5k RPM 2nd gear and waiting for the lights to go out. Pin the pedal to the floor, up into 3rd and the first corner is approaching. Turn hard (with no power steering and a properly aggressive diff) and give it the beans!

Now this is racing!!!!

I gave one of the Peugeots Hondas and a BMW a good run, although I kept swapping places with the BMW as he could just out brake me in every corner, but I had more speed on the exit and a bit more grunt.

Then comes the fuel pressure issue. Screen said 38psi then dropped to 20psi and at that point it wouldn't run, so I pulled off the track and stopped at a marshalls post. Yes it's a bit gutting but that's racing. Unpredictable, expensive, thrilling and addictive sport that we all love.

I can't wait to get out there again.

I did say to Richard the Puma needs a 'Brisky Racing eBay special' sticker on it. The eBay special was going very well for a unknown car, sounds good too from the marshalls post...

Bring on Silverstone!

This might work;

_12_zpsftgpbok2.jpg :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUILT-WITH-GENUINE-EBAY-PARTS-Funny-Car-Window-JDM-DUB-EURO-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker-/271995118261?hash=item3f542c22b5:g:pQEAAOSw~bFWFYae

• Like 2