VCDS options on Superb III

8 hours ago, numskull said:

Thanks for the info mate. No idea what the part number is one our 280. I’ll see if I can find it in a VCDS log which I collected a few weeks ago. 

VCDS or OBDEleven won't tell u ur headlight part number.

Pop the bonnet, and look for the white sticker on top of the headlight.

Looks like this....

IMAG1258.thumb.jpg.6adf41cf64635c7b33c3ba5841cbd082.jpg

This one is my original, non-SLA "A" version, before I retrofitted SLA "B" versions.

Edited by JR RS
  • Love it! 1

Hi,

I'm struggling with enabling Easy Entry function.

On controle module "36- Seat-..." I need to modify the "Long Coding".

In "07-Coding" menu, whatever the Byte is, there's no single description on all bits. There's no box to tick.
Is there any reason I don't have any description? (I'm using VCDS w. SW 21.9 version)
Thanks for your help.

Apparently, I need to tick:
- Byte 3 - Bit 1 (supposed to be 'Easy entry') ; and
- Byte 9 / Bit 6 (supposed to be 'Easy entry front over MMI').

Does anyone have enabed this function? Could you confirm the boxes to tick? 

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

VCDS or OBDEleven won't tell u ur headlight part number.

Pop the bonnet, and look for the white sticker on top of the headlight.

Cheers… I’ll report back later this morning (it’s 05.28 and dark!).

4 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi,

In "07-Coding" menu, whatever the Byte is, there's no single description on all bits. There's no box to tick.
Is there any reason I don't have any description? (I'm using VCDS w. SW 21.9 version)
Thanks for your help.

Thanks! 

Go to Block 36

And in Byte 3, set Bit 1.
Save and Exit VCDS, turn off the ignition then turn it back on.
Reset your seat position by pressing “Set” and 1 til it “Dongs”.
Turn off ignition and (take out the key if non KESSY) the seat should retract about 10 cm. 

On 12/09/2021 at 00:03, JR RS said:

Do u have the correct type of headlights? i.e. the part number ends in "B".

3Vx94101xB

If so, then the coding below is wat I did on mine.

1708481087_Screenshot_20210912-0900392.png.5c2f1cbdb34aba173b49cbf3ee392c14.png

140417148_SLAeyelashes01.thumb.jpg.318c7cad78aebd67b2e210a9b5fff352.jpg

Unfortunately, neither suggestion worked for me.

When I changed the value to 100 on your version and tried to save it, it said the value was out of range.

The other version supplied by Gizmo also didn't work because I couldn't find the field "Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 (Front left eyelashes)" so couldn't go any further. 

11 minutes ago, numskull said:

Unfortunately, neither suggestion worked for me.

When I changed the value to 100 on your version and tried to save it, it said the value was out of range.

The other version supplied by Gizmo also didn't work because I couldn't find the field "Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 (Front left eyelashes)" so couldn't go any further. 

Strange....because the coding I have is the same as @Gizmo.  In fact, i got the code from the Tried & Tested page that Gizmo created.

Not sure why u can't see the same channels.

19 hours ago, JR RS said:

Strange....because the coding I have is the same as @Gizmo.  In fact, i got the code from the Tried & Tested page that Gizmo created.

Not sure why u can't see the same channels.

Yeah, probably me being dimwit or not concentraiting properly. I'll give it another go later.

Hey guys, I don’t know if this has already been discussed before.

but I own a 2021 superb sportline, dq381 with 2.0tsi, 190hp fwd.

I live in india and on the Indian spec sportline we don’t get the drive mode selector button nor is there an option to change the drive modes from the infotainment, it is an option only in the L&K here.

I was hoping there is a way to code this in as an option using VCDS so that I can get the drive mode selector option in the infotainment.

any help would be appreciated!:)

26 minutes ago, mtl said:

Without retrofitting the butron it is not possible to activate driving mode selection.

Thank you so much for clarifying this!

I know this may sound dumb, but is it possible to change the BCM coding of the start stop button to act as the drive mode selector?

On 13/09/2021 at 02:23, Bap33 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Thanks! 

I enabled mine, but only did Byte 3 - Bit 1, works fine, BUT, it often throws an error with no adaptation after enabling this, the thing is, when it moves the seat it always raises it, more than my saved position, so every single time i get in and out i need to manually lower the seat, which often leads to error of not having calibrated height, so it stops working completley, only way is to move with the buttons, so i need to raise it to max height, then lower, then lock the car, unlock and it then resumes working.. So my advice would be to forget it as its more pain then use!

21 minutes ago, numskull said:

When you lower the seat, reset the seat memory and it should hold the new position. Does on mine, as sometimes I just want to adjust it slightly to make it more comfortable for my left leg. 

Tried that multiple times, still it leaves my seat higher than it was set, tried it even with comfort entry off, does the same, say you lower it all the way down, as low as it goes, set it memory 1, without comfort entry, lock the car, unlock it will move 2-5CM up in height.. If you have the option to save seat memory per key.. With comfort entry its even worse, as its never the same height.. Dont know how, or why.. But for me, its like that.. Im actually thinking of removing the per key option as well.. Its tiring to have to fiddle with my seat every single time..

9 hours ago, bubib5 said:

I enabled mine, but only did Byte 3 - Bit 1, works fine, BUT, it often throws an error with no adaptation after enabling this, the thing is, when it moves the seat it always raises it, more than my saved position, so every single time i get in and out i need to manually lower the seat, which often leads to error of not having calibrated height, so it stops working completley, only way is to move with the buttons, so i need to raise it to max height, then lower, then lock the car, unlock and it then resumes working.. So my advice would be to forget it as its more pain then use!

Why didn't you tick the 2nd Byte?

May be a reason of this 'malfuncton'?🤔

Additionally, there's another adaptation to do:

5F - Information-electric > 10 Adaptation.

Select channel: 'ENG 122227_ENG 117556 Car Function adaptation - Gen2 Menu_display_seat_configuration' and chose 'Active'.

This should allow to enable/disable this 'Easy Entry' function directly from the Columbus.

On 27/09/2021 at 00:08, Bap33 said:

Why didn't you tick the 2nd Byte?

May be a reason of this 'malfuncton'?🤔

Additionally, there's another adaptation to do:

5F - Information-electric > 10 Adaptation.

Select channel: 'ENG 122227_ENG 117556 Car Function adaptation - Gen2 Menu_display_seat_configuration' and chose 'Active'.

This should allow to enable/disable this 'Easy Entry' function directly from the Columbus.

Just tried to add byte9-bit6, coding accepted, did the adaptation, under the gen2 menu, there are a few display seat configuration, the one you listed has already been activated, i tried to activate all of them, did not produce any new options under seats in the mib, i only have store seat to key option in the mib.. 

@Bap33

Yep i done the sam he has done, with the exception that i activated all of the seat config adaptations because i cant get the seat menu to show the easy entry, only thing i have under there is the option to store seat positions to keys.. I have removed the easy entry today, as its really getting on my nerves beceause it does not return to my saved position most of the time.. So i gave up on it!

I will try to remove all my adaptations once again, and just activate the one from the video.. As i did not reset my MIB, but did lock the car and let it go to sleep, then restarted, but no new menu under seats..

On 29/09/2021 at 13:52, bubib5 said:

Just tried to add byte9-bit6, coding accepted, did the adaptation, under the gen2 menu, there are a few display seat configuration, the one you listed has already been activated, i tried to activate all of them, did not produce any new options under seats in the mib, i only have store seat to key option in the mib.. 

Your seat controller is too old - i have the same issue. The seat controller on mine is 5Q0 959 760 B, and for the option to appear on the radio you need rev C or newer ( @SashaGracewill correct me if i'm wrong as she checked this for me when fitting my RVC 😉).

Edited by MarkTB

9 hours ago, MarkTB said:

Your seat controller is too old - i have the same issue. The seat controller on mine is 5Q0 959 760 B, and for the option to appear on the radio you need rev C or newer ( @SashaGracewill correct me if i'm wrong as she checked this for me when fitting my RVC 😉).

Ahh, that makes sense, mine is A, both SW and HW, wondering if i could flash it via VCP/ODIS to rev C or later.. Or is it hardware that needs to be changed? Thank you for the input!