The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

you want scary?  following a 44t when a tyre goes!!

shrapnel everywhere and a noise like a bomb going off.

luckily i was in a small, no,  tiny car and it all flew over me....

4v4xPg6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep, they've used them for a quite a while. Around here anyway, different forces do tend to choose different stuff. That's probably a GMP unit, based on where you were.

They have S3s as well, usually grey. Have seen an unmarked M135i as well. Which looked quite odd as it was on 17s. That's something they sometimes do and can be a bit of a giveaway - cheaper tyre replacement I guess :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

They have S3s as well, usually grey. Have seen an unmarked M135i as well. Which looked quite odd as it was on 17s. That's something they sometimes do and can be a bit of a giveaway - cheaper tyre replacement I guess 

Gives more cushion for bumping over kerbs too....

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could've been messy!

Looks like you were speeding slightly... if a bored copper or Briskoda/YouTube user with too much time on their hands sees your video you could end up with a letter in the post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little hard to see but up ahead the white Ibiza veers off onto the grass verge and hits one of the white posts.

Think they were on their phone or something.

• 5 months later...

I'd be interested to hear what people think of this.  It's what happened when I took my car in to the garage last week to have some work done under the warranty.  They spot the Dashcam and put tape over the lens so that you can't see anything, but you can still hear what's going on (unfortunately the audio quality is poor so you may need to turn up the sound!)

They take the car for a drive and seem to be driving it very hard.

Should I be cross?

http://youtu.be/mo_05_Z_D-A

21 minutes ago, Kephigo said:

I'd be interested to hear what people think of this.  It's what happened when I took my car in to the garage last week to have some work done under the warranty.  They spot the Dashcam and put tape over the lens so that you can't see anything, but you can still hear what's going on (unfortunately the audio quality is poor so you may need to turn up the sound!)

Should I be cross?

That's not a test drive it's a joy ride. Did you check the since start average speed and fuel economy and compare it to the local roads near the dealership?:speechless:I always insist they don't wash my car and never test drive it.:nerd:

8 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That's not a test drive it's a joy ride. Did you check the since start average speed and fuel economy and compare it to the local roads near the dealership?:speechless:I always insist they don't wash my car and never test drive it.:nerd:

Didn't think about checking the average speed/mpg - that's good advice for the future. When I first turned on the ignition the radio was blasting out and the drive mode had been changed to Sport.

I always tell them not to wash the car but I guess they may need to drive it occasionally to make sure there are no issues? There's a couple of short sections of dual carriageway about a quarter of a mile from the dealership, my guess it was driven along there. That leads to an industrial estate with a number of other dealers (they may also have other premises there). I suspect that's where it was taken.

• 4 months later...

Doesn't surprise me, everyone seems to think its 40 there. Going out of the village towards burwell is my favorite, they do 35-40 all the way to the NSL sign then never speed up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Uber thread revival, but this is making me wish I had video of that woman who nearly wiped out my Fabia. I'm getting a new dashcam for my Christmas (how exciting!) so I'll probably end up with footage of someone else trying to wipe out my Furby as it's pretty common. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 08/03/2020 at 23:45, Kephigo said:

Should I be cross?

Some dash cams have date, time, location coordinates and speed imprinted on the footage, so if these test pilots take your car for a joy ride, and it seems this person did, you have some solid evidence to show where they were and what they were up to, even if they did think they were being clever by covering the lens. You can even add your REG number if you like. I haven't done this on mine, in case I want to upload the footage online.

Example: You can't see anything, but you know where I was, how fast I was going, and when it happened.

In this instance, the GPS was a little off as I was actually on the M42 not Jacobean Lane, so I suppose it's not perfect when there's two roads running alongside each other.

Can be useful or incriminating, depending on your driving.

Dash cam footer with speed and location info V

image.thumb.png.bf079b38cb590a47436ca2df07626284.png

How to use the location information V

image.thumb.png.445fcbec85c9af94149686e9db903a30.png

Edited by EnterName