I don't need winter tyres because I am so awesome thread

FUBAR

If the Gritting is 'Salt' or treatment to stop roads icing, then the 'Salt' should be going down at 6*oc Ground Temp, 

before the Drop.  Which last year Aberdeen got very wrong. More than once.

(Draw heat and moisture and turn the Salt to Brine, and change the freezing point of H20. Simples really.

then there needs to be traffic flowing over the surface if the 'Salt' is put down too late.)

The the Trunk Roads are done by BEAR in the North East. Maybe even the same workers are doing the work as when the were Employees of the Council, they often still are,

and the roads Local Councils are responsible for are more often now contracted out, with Farmers and Others taking on the work.

http://kentcare.co.uk/whysaltroads

Feckin hate gritters though.

So do I, driving passed a truck spreading at 40mph + speed & counting the chips in the paintwork is no fun..............

Why are you wanting gritters out at that temp? Drives me mental seeing them out when the weather doesn't justify it, then in february when it's needed they're nowhere cos they've blown their budget. Sounds like your council have the right idea.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

personally with my winter tyres on, they can all stay at the depot as then my car won't get salt/grit into the crevices to corrode it................

If the Gritting is 'Salt' or treatment to stop roads icing, then the 'Salt' should be going down at 6*oc Ground Temp, 

before the Drop.  Which last year Aberdeen got very wrong. More than once.

Then the Trunk Roads are done by BEAR in the North East.

and the roads Local Councils are responsible for are more often now contracted out, with Farmers and Others taking on the work.

The Farmers up here are not doing it this year, there was a balls up by the Muppet Factory (council) & they expect them to do it for free, there are some who will still do , but the "list" has basically disappeared............

More accidents this winter for those on summers then ...................

• Like 2

It's the pea-soupers I hate on the Snake. I once came across from Sheffield and luckily had a colleague to co-drive as we couldn't see more than about 6 foot in front of the car (he lives in Glossop thankfully)

It's the pea-soupers I hate on the Snake. I once came across from Sheffield and luckily had a colleague to co-drive as we couldn't see more than about 6 foot in front of the car (he lives in Glossop thankfully)

With winter tyres there is no fog[emoji123]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Has anyone else viewing this thread Googled Gromle's hometown Tromsø and thought "bloody hell, I'd like to visit there!" 

I dunno exactly what it is, the Northernness, the extremeness, the prospect of snow-white blondes with cute accents or what but it really looks like somewhere I want to go. 

:clap:

• Like 2

Has anyone else viewing this thread Googled Gromle's hometown Tromsø and thought "bloody hell, I'd like to visit there!" 

I dunno exactly what it is, the Northernness, the extremeness, the prospect of snow-white blondes with cute accents or what but it really looks like somewhere I want to go. 

bagsy the combine harvester :D

This is more like it.

UTUBE video

He drives a bit too fast past all those cars scattered everywhere for my liking & almost rear ends the green transit...................typical BMW owner, & he was on Vredestein snowtrack 3 winter tyres.............which made him more Awesome......but he still drives like a idiot................

Roads in that condition no problem up here, every winter & worse.........................

this is my old Fabia a few years back on the B9007 Ferness to Duthil/Carrbridge road at this point the snow thickness was less because of the trees sheltering the road.......

post-70632-0-03691100-1444945117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am Miss Whiplash when it comes to indicating or at those that don't bother! In fact I am awesome at indicating as well!

Trundles off singing "Everything is awesome....."

Aha. Good good (: im only joking Amanda.. Its the rest of em ;) ahaha. :D

• Like 1

I've been over the Snake pass in snow and on summers. Its' much easier on winters though :D Actually having said that, if there is any proper snow they shut it down these days :(

True that. Its either the Snake or the Cat n Fiddle (right on my doorstep) thats closed first.

Take the trip, Ill show you around.

But be warned, the beer is mighty expencive.

Fair play.

Too fast for the conditions though, if we're knit picking ;) haha.

To be fair to him the overtake sequence is speeded up on the video.

I've done similar, those on summers crawling along at 5mph and I've overtaken them doing 25mph and get horns blaring and plenty of fingers waved. The rest of northern Europe with winter tyre legislation doesn't crawl along at 5mph. :)

Lee

Edited by logiclee

As inhabitant of a rather cold country, I can assure you that winter tyres are wonderful. Not only in snow. You never know when to expect some ice on the road.

Sure, putting on winter tyres doesn't mean you are a superman. That BMW driver was irresponsible...