Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

Just wait till we are told to put bottles of Wee in our Combi boilers to reduce emissions................oh no, what happens if Worcester Broche have cheated the emissions test, I'll have no hot water for my bath!!!!

• Like 3

Does that mean Skoda and SEAT are likely to be next?

Why would you think otherwise?.

Skoda are a client owned by the Beagle Boys of the automotive world.

Well it is possible that VW and Audi would want to gain a slight advantage with emissions test, as the numbers look good in Top Trumps car buying. They could make their cars heavier with extra kit and yet still have similar emission numbers and therefore faux green credentials that would compare favourable with the (perceived of course) lower spec and standard Skoda and SEAT.

I remember the press articles, 

'Why do so many of the Royal Family drive an Audi?'    (That was the British Royal Family.)

Right off i thought, because they are great cars,

and Mum / Granny Great Granny has lots of the money she gets from the British Public invested in the Company,

so 60% Discount and Loyalties to the Family Heritage makes sense.

^^^^^ 

When (& where) was the Conformation on the Skoda cars that is mentioned above in that article?

Autocar the Spin Journal of the Volkswagen group can be relied on to break news, 

as they are fed it.

When will Auto Express have a Photshopped Image of what Future Volkswagens will look like after the 'Fix' is applied.

?

And where were all their 'Insiders' over the past 6 years with the stories of the cheats?

Well it is possible that VW and Audi would want to gain a slight advantage with emissions test, as the numbers look good in Top Trumps car buying. They could make their cars heavier with extra kit and yet still have similar emission numbers and therefore faux green credentials that would compare favourable with the (perceived of course) lower spec and standard Skoda and SEAT.

I would imagine the engine complete comes in a box as a simple plugin.....as Bosch warned - don't fiddle with OUR software.....it seems VW did.

The total numbers just keep getting bigger.

Perhaps I'm missing something and if so could someone more knowledgeable correct me.

We are being told that Euro 6 engines are not affected. But surely where the cheat software was discovered in California, which has probably the worlds strictest emission standards, diesel engines are Euro 6.

You would think our Euro 6 engines would have the same software.

The news followed VW’s admission last week that up to 11 million vehicles around the world - and five million from VW alone - could be involved in the emissions rigging scandal, which is currently focused on cars fitted with the EA189 diesel engine.

To date, it has been confirmed that VW, Skoda and Audi cars were sold with the engine and cheat software fitted. BentleyLamborghini and Porsche have all confirmed they are not affected.

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm missing something and if so could someone more knowledgeable correct me.

We are being told that Euro 6 engines are not affected. But surely where the cheat software was discovered in California, which has probably the worlds strictest emission standards, diesel engines are Euro 6.

You would think our Euro 6 engines would have the same software.

Euro 5 and Euro 6 standards are not applicable in California. Cars there have to comply with Californias own standards. The VW cars sold in California which are affected were all Euro 5 models. Euro 6 models apparently pass the California test without resortng to the cheat software.

• Like 1

Euro 5 and Euro 6 standards are not applicable in California. Cars there have to comply with Californias own standards. The VW cars sold in California which are affected were all Euro 5 models. Euro 6 models apparently pass the California test without resortng to the cheat software.

Or more likely the cheat method is more advanced and not as easy to detect

• Like 1

Just waiting on the first non-VAG marque to be caught that'll be a bigger surprise.

BMW, Toyota, Honda and Renault are the first large car manufacturers to go on record and categorically deny that they have been tampering with the results of emissions tests

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c8e6490-6389-11e5-a28b-50226830d644.html

"Honda is confident that we fully comply with all testing requirements in every territory that we sell vehicles. We do not use defeat devices in our cars"

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Thanks for reply.

I am aware that VAG sold in California have to comply with their own standards, but they appear to have been using NOx lowering such as Adblue for a while. Here it's a relative newcomer, mainly in Euro 6 engines.

I hope I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if Euro 6 engines aren't also affected.

Hopefully a definitive list of engines will be issued soon.

I only have the modest 1.6 Euro 5 diesel, which looks likely to carry the cheat software!

Thanks for reply.

I am aware that VAG sold in California have to comply with their own standards, but they appear to have been using NOx lowering such as Adblue for a while. Here it's a relative newcomer, mainly in Euro 6 engines.

I hope I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if Euro 6 engines aren't also affected.

Hopefully a definitive list of engines will be issued soon.

I only have the modest 1.6 Euro 5 diesel, which looks likely to carry the cheat software!

The use of Adblue isn't an indicator. The cheat software is written into many Euro 5 cars ecu systems, but is only active in a certain number, and even though some cars do run Adblue it's no indicator that they'll either pass or fail, or even that the ecu is affected in that particular car.

However, VW have stated that Euro 6 engines are not affected, and as far as I'm aware all the Euro 6 engines run Adblue.

I'm sure there will be more articles in english soon but I've just read on czech news website that Skoda admitted today that 1.2 million cars have the "software" installed on engines based on EA189, which are 1.6 and 2.0.

http://www.novinky.cz/auto/381830-skoda-auto-priznala-1-2-milionu-nasich-naftovych-motoru-falsovalo-emise.html

As expected...

All engines...

According to Volkswagen, vehicles sold in other countries with the 1.5L 4-cylinder TDI engine known as Type EA189 are also affected. The EA189 TDI is a 2.0L four-cylinder engine which includes the incriminated Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology. This software is also said to affect EA188 and the 2015 EA288 generation of the four-cylinder.

So... All Skoda and Seat diesel cars:

CAYB (EA189) including GreenLine

CUSB (EA288)

CAYC (EA189)

CRKB (EA288)