OBDeleven

15 hours ago, TTodorov said:

does the changes leave traces in the TD1 bit and therefore could be tracked by the dealer?Can they reject a warranty somehow?

This has been asked numerous times (although I've never seen anyone ask specifically about the TD1 bit.... you're the only one I've seen who actually identifies where the modification flags are kept)

Nobody has been able to categorically answer it though.... so it's still an unknown if there are flags left indicating programming has occurred.

Secondary to that, I fail to see how a manufacturer can void a warranty, based on the customer doing some basic programming, unless they can categorically PROVE that the programming change has adversely affected whatever the part is that has failed, that you're claiming warranty for.

That's the same argument as saying a manufacturer would void a warranty claim on a broken window winder motor, based on the customer having fitted a 3" straight-through exhaust system.

A modification that has been made must DIRECTLY affect the part in-question, for a warranty claim to be voided.

People modify their cars all the time..... if you mess with the injection & timing and blow your engine, then fair enough - the warranty will not stand.

But programming the keyfob to close the bootlid, will have NO effect on your headlight washers suddenly deciding not to operate.

My unprofessional, unqualified keyboard-warrior advice, would be that if a dealer/manufacturer attempts to void a warranty claim, based on the customer performing simple programming mods through VCDS or OBD or similar, the customer should immediately ask for a written statutory declaration (or whatever document is legally similar/effective in your location) that categorically PROVES the programming change had an effect on the failed-part.  NO further discussions should be undertaken until the manufacturer's engineers (NOT just the local dealership head-mechanic) can prove the programming had an adverse effect.  If they are unable to provide that, then they should have no legal right to void the warranty.

• Like 2

Can anyone help me out here to do some codding or adaptation for my Octavia Elegance(2013) by OBDeleven. I got mine delivered yesterday..

I want to do the following

1. Enable automatic Daytime saving light for amudsen

2.Enable DRLs only on Auto

3. Change throttle respond from SKODA to Audi

4. VIM

I have done some other already using App and also by VCDS.

5 hours ago, automass said:

........... Change throttle respond from SKODA to Audi........

I've never heard of this before.

Where did you first hear of this possible adaptation/coding?  I know you're asking for the actual coding process details, but you've obviously read about it somewhere.....

Any links?  Just from the name itself, it seems like this could be an easy/cheap alternative to a DTUK pedal box?

1 minute ago, spinifex said:

Where did you first hear of this possible adaptation/coding?  I know you're asking for the actual coding process details, but you've obviously read about it somewhere.....

Any links?  Just from the name itself, it seems like this could be an easy/cheap alternative to a DTUK pedal box?

I've seen it mentioned on this site several times. It's simply alters the linearity of the throttle as I understand it - rather than 30% throttle requesting 30% torque demand, it requests (say) 50%. It makes the throttle feel "snappier" - it does not alter anything in the ECU to alter the torque curve of the engine itself.

29 minutes ago, spinifex said:

I presume it's the one here 

I haven't tried it myself yet, I was a bit put off by reports of errors, but that was on Golfs. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spinifex said:

I hope you had your answer already..there was another thread in this forum where someone did it successfully though.

but now can anyone give me any guideline how to do codding and adaptation please?

For an example: To enable Fan speed on auto mode what i did is i went to control unit 08 (air conditioning A/C) from there Coding: on top right corner selected long coding..and then Byte 11 and from there selected Bit 6 (that what was the instruction i found).. but it did not enable Fan speed on auto mode. so i must be missing something.   

Edited by automass

1 hour ago, pjam73 said:

I presume it's the one here 

I haven't tried it myself yet, I was a bit put off by reports of errors, but that was on Golfs. 

I just had a quick look at this. Either the Octavia has different settings to the Superb, or there are undocumented values for bits 0-2.

My MY16.5 Octavia vRS has 4 in decimal for bits 0-2 (bit 2 is set, 1 & 0 are clear). It also has bit 3 set. Given the VCDS screenshots say Skoda is 1 and Audi is 2 I left it alone for now. Maybe 4 is fast Skoda ;-)

Ahhhh that's a point..... Superb must have some different coding & tweaks available that presumably don't work on Octy?

That's why I've never noticed it before.

Hello!

Another happy OBDeleven user here.

I have two things I want to achieve:

1. Set the panoramic roof to open fully (not just tilt) when you press and hold the open button on the keyfob. Has anyone done it?

2. Enable rain closing.

I have managed to get the option into the infotainment system, but I have tried it while standing still with the ignition on. The wipers move but windows stay open. Also, is this supposed to work with the ignition off?

I've made some instruction videos for the simpler stuff, but the videos are harder to make than the adaptations! 

Video: Enable fan speed indicators

Video: Disable tailgate beeping

Ive made some simple changes so far. All is good!

The big one is the high beam assist. Someone from this site tried to enable it for me last year on VCDS and couldnt get it to work. I have a 2016 VRS TSI. There are two options ahead of me, scary-dary coding and changes OR the one touch app route.

Has anyone tried the app for ths HBA? If theres an issue Im guessing that just going back to the app and turning it off wont put me back to normal?

Otherwise I guess its taking it slow, screen shotting everything before I change it and taking notes!

2 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Ive made some simple changes so far. All is good!

The big one is the high beam assist. Someone from this site tried to enable it for me last year on VCDS and couldnt get it to work. I have a 2016 VRS TSI. There are two options ahead of me, scary-dary coding and changes OR the one touch app route.

Has anyone tried the app for ths HBA? If theres an issue Im guessing that just going back to the app and turning it off wont put me back to normal?

Otherwise I guess its taking it slow, screen shotting everything before I change it and taking notes!

I tried coding this for someone on here and couldn't get it to work without an error. AshGSmith also had the same issue on the previous page.

The coding itself is fine, but yes if you have the "light assist fault" that we saw and can't resolve, you'll need to revert the changes back.

You can backup settings, as well as screenshots as you've mentioned. I'm sure it creates a log of all changes too, so shouldn't be too difficult to revert back if it doesn't work. Fingers crossed it works though :)

• Like 1

Ok so Ive just been and had a look. Most of it seems straight forward but the end of it doesnt make sense, also seems like there are more than 1 way of doing this through adaptations or coding. OBDeleven has 2 adaptations, VCDS has 1.

control units 09 - adaptations - assistance light functions - change the femlichtassistent 'not present' parts to present (x2)

control unit A5 - coding - light assist - change to high_beam_assist

The other way is the OBD eleven board way for the A5 bit...

Select Control unit A5
Security access > Access Code : 20103
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 02
Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light_assist_high_beam_assist"

the bit in bold makes no sense to me as going into the coding removes all text. Is it telling me to go to byte 2 and then turn on (or check) bit 7?

If I look at the VCDS method then theres an extra step to change byte 2 to a value of 3 in controller 9. This isnt in the obd11 version! Similarly the last part of the VCDS asks to change byte 2 bit 1 to a '1'.

So all in all I have conflicting advice. In OBDeleven it looks like I change everything I need to without doing coding, but no-one has mentioned this, so this cant be the way. 

Do I do a hybrid version of the above? Is the VCDS coding for the first step (controller 9) the same as changing the second adaptation in OBDeleven? 

Mega confused!

On 04/04/2017 at 00:45, pjam73 said:

I just had a quick look at this. Either the Octavia has different settings to the Superb, or there are undocumented values for bits 0-2.

My MY16.5 Octavia vRS has 4 in decimal for bits 0-2 (bit 2 is set, 1 & 0 are clear). It also has bit 3 set. Given the VCDS screenshots say Skoda is 1 and Audi is 2 I left it alone for now. Maybe 4 is fast Skoda ;-)

tried it on my 2015 VRS - didnt make any difference

49 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Ok so Ive just been and had a look. Most of it seems straight forward but the end of it doesnt make sense, also seems like there are more than 1 way of doing this through adaptations or coding. OBDeleven has 2 adaptations, VCDS has 1.

control units 09 - adaptations - assistance light functions - change the femlichtassistent 'not present' parts to present (x2)

control unit A5 - coding - light assist - change to high_beam_assist

The other way is the OBD eleven board way for the A5 bit...

Select Control unit A5
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 02

the bit in bold makes no sense to me as going into the coding removes all text. Is it telling me to go to byte 2 and then turn on (or check) bit 7?

If I look at the VCDS method then theres an extra step to change byte 2 to a value of 3 in controller 9. This isnt in the obd11 version! Similarly the last part of the VCDS asks to change byte 2 bit 1 to a '1'.

So all in all I have conflicting advice. In OBDeleven it looks like I change everything I need to without doing coding, but no-one has mentioned this, so this cant be the way. 

Do I do a hybrid version of the above? Is the VCDS coding for the first step (controller 9) the same as changing the second adaptation in OBDeleven? 

Mega confused!

You need to do coding and adaptations from what I remember. Found this on another thread which might help clarify a couple of the coding changes:

09- Central Electronics coding: Byte 2/Bit 0 change to 1. (Byte should change from 0A to 0B (Manual), or 1A to 1B (Automatic))

A5- Frnt Assist/Driver Assist coding: Change Byte 2 to 01 (High Beam Assist Present)

My car had HBA as a factory option so I haven't successfully coded from scratch. If I get the chance over the next few days, I'll fire up OBDEleven and check the adaptation settings and code values on the A5 and 09 modules, which might help.

10 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Thankyou, sadly Im even more confused now! 

I've done HBA with obdeleven and also made it remember last used position when  restarting the car, I'll look back over it later and post what I done 

2 hours ago, Boundy123 said:

Long coding for HBA on my vRS 

Screenshot_20170406-080445.png

That looks to be the correct changes for the Central Electrics 09 controller, byte 2 was changed from 0A to 0B, so you must have manual transmission. If it's an auto byte 2 needs to be changed from 1A to 1B in the coding :)

@ExSEAT does that help clarify the change I mentioned in the first part of my previous post?

Edited by ahenners

Hi gents, thanks so much for the information. Ive been out to have a look now and see what my codes look like.

@Boundy123 I see from your first picture you have turned on the high bean assist adaptation, then done the long coding. The OBD elevn page below asks for a second adaptation, which roughly translates as 'menu control light beam assistance factory setting' is this what is being turned on using the coding do you think?

High Beam Assist Activation
Seelct Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 09
Bit 0-2 : "03 Lighting BiXenon With Light Assist Seçin"
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access > Access Code : 31347
Adaptation
(2) Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Femlichtassistent
New Value:Present
(6) Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Femlichtassistent Werkseinstellung
New Value:Present
Select Control unit A5
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 02

bit 0-7? do I find byte 2 bit 7 and check the box?

@ahennersIm not getting on well with this! The descriptions of the coding dont make a lot of sense yet, the two versions arent helping. Looks like Boundy done it the VCDS way (one adaptation plus the code), the obd version above is different. Im still struggling with the concept of changing the bits, I just need to know if Im checking the box or doing something in hex. The OBD11 programme also has the bold bit in the adaptations in text and can be selected.  With all those options I dont know which one to go for!

@ahennersIm not getting on well with this! The descriptions of the coding dont make a lot of sense yet, the two versions arent helping. Looks like Boundy done it the VCDS way (one adaptation plus the code), the obd version above is different. Im still struggling with the concept of changing the bits, I just need to know if Im checking the box or doing something in hex. The OBD11 programme also has the bold bit in the adaptations in text and can be selected.  With all those options I dont know which one to go for!

I'd follow instructions for VCDS and have done myself in the past for other tweaks I've done with OBDEleven. Sometimes VCDS instructions don't always translate to OBDEleven perfectly due to it not having descriptions for some things like VCDS does and the long coding help etc. but you can generally work it out for most things. Generally if you are changing bits then tick the relevant boxes (this will effectively update the byte hex value), but I think you can directly change a byte value directly also if you know what it needs to be set as.

Edited by ahenners