OBDeleven

is it worth doing? i have normal halogen h15 bulb for DRL which I am going to change for 5k xenon gas filled halogen bulbs.  

46 minutes ago, automass said:

is it worth doing? i have normal halogen h15 bulb for DRL which I am going to change for 5k xenon gas filled halogen bulbs.  

Umm, not sure. I think the app is for cars with bi-xenon fitted as standard. I’d doubt the coding is the same to dim the DRL on the halogen units. 

I never use the apps. Much rather code/adapt myself and see what’s actually being changed. 

• Like 1

I ordered it on ebay.

2x H15 Headlight DRL Upgrade Halogen Bulbs Super White Xenon Effect 5000K 15/55W

And low beam headlight (H7) I also got 5k xenon gas filled halogen bulbs which I bought from eurocarparts. I am very happy with it...they are very very white and still road legal..

Edited by automass

1 hour ago, automass said:

Thanks

You will hate me;)

Can you post the photos with daytime running lights, during the day and with low beam at night? 

Edited by sebastiandar

Hi sebastiandar

Sorry to let you know that I didn't like the output of the bulbs that I bought (H15). Brightness seems to be even less than the stock light though they are more whiter. I am gonna simply return them tomorrow. I don't know which light bulb should i go for? Low beam is more whiter too but doesn't serve my purpose (not enough visibility). I should have gone after market xenon if they were not off road use only. 

Just to add more to my previous comment..As a day time running light these are awesome.. I will give them 120 out of 100..I took pictures but unfortunately they didn't come good..you can not distinguish them.

• 3 months later...
On 01/10/2017 at 18:10, wingzee said:

Any screen shot of these? I got through everything prior to the step #17 and got HBA enabled on my MY18 Octavia but I am unable to see any screen/commands under Controller A5 that allow the activation/deactivation speed changes. :(

Hi wingzee Did you find the answer for this?

I can’t seem to access the A5 controller anymore. Put a swift end to my High Beam Assist activation. I also wanted to check my traffic sign recognition settings as I’m not 100% they’re correct. It works right enough but an error is flagged. But, as I can’t even get in that’s also on hold. Oh well. 

Going to do a bit of German translating tonight to see what else can be changed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my ODBeleven at the weekend so been trying a few bits out via the apps. Very surprised and disappointed that by now there isn't an app for the HBA speed activation and deactivation or one for double rear fogs,cant believe that these aren't among the most popular things that people want to do. 

Request one. Or learn how to do it. It’s not hard. 

I coded my front fogs to come on with my full beam last weekend. Gives a fair bit extra light on non lit roads, being LED as well. Also coded cornering fogs as well. Just because. Free optional extras and all that. 

31 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I coded my front fogs to come on with my full beam last weekend. Gives a fair bit extra light on non lit roads, being LED as well. Also coded cornering fogs as well. Just because. Free optional extras and all that. 

It just seems to make no sense they have apps for the high beam assist and high beam assist memory but not the activation speed. I just tried to follow a set of instructions I found on the ODBeleven boards, got to stage 12  where it says control unit A5 and that was me lost as I couldn't find it.

2 minutes ago, hatchy said:

It just seems to make no sense they have apps for the high beam assist and high beam assist memory but not the activation speed. I just tried to follow a set of instructions I found on the ODBeleven boards, got to stage 12  where it says control unit A5 and that was me lost as I couldn't find it.

If you have a FL O3, there isn't the ability to code activation speed as yet.

12 minutes ago, wg100 said:

If you have a FL O3, there isn't the ability to code activation speed as yet.

I should be so lucky, just a lowly farmworker here. Probably explains why I'm very competent at this sort of thing. Think I'll wait till the apps appear before I royally **** something up.

Just now, hatchy said:

I should be so lucky, just a lowly farmworker here. Probably explains why I'm very competent at this sort of thing. Think I'll wait till the apps appear before I royally **** something up.

Do you have the big camera behind your rear-view mirror? There are two types of camera fitted, of which one is controlled by the A5 module.

Yes as I have lane assistant. I used the one touch apps already today to activate HBA and the HBA memory, was just hoping there would be one for the activation speed.

Was trying following this from the ODB forum. Got as far as 11 ok then got lost as I couldn't find 'control unit'. If I knew where to look for it I would have thought I could start straight from stage 17 as I've already got HBA installed now.

This is what I did to get HBA working on my 2016 vRS:

High Beam Assist (for cars with Lane Assist Camera):
Ensure light switch is in the OFF position, wipers not on auto, doors closed and ignition on, before starting

1. Control Unit 09 - Central Electrics

2. Control unit Long Coding 

3. Byte 02

4. Bit 0-2: "03 Lighting Bi-Xenon with Light Assist"

5. Control Unit 09 - Central Electrics

6. Security code - 31347

7. Adaptation

8. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent

9. New Value: Present

10. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung

11. New Value: Present

12. Control Unit A5

13. Security code - 20103

14. Control unit Long Coding 

15. Byte 02

16. Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light/High_beam_assist"
Optional settings
17. Controller A5
18. Security code - 20103
19. Adaptation
20. High beam assist urban detection area – Switch to No
21. Speed that HBA active set to 20kph
22. Speed that HBA deactivate set to 10kph
23. Change lux code to 10
Finally, go into the vehicle menu on the head unit, go to light settings and select ‘light assist’
Push the left stalk towards the front of the car, it should show the HBA logo at the bottom of the Maxidot.

Remember to select the green tick at each stage of the adaption, otherwise the changes you've made won't stick.

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2106/high-beam-assist-traffic-recognition#ixzz571fsXpIr

1 hour ago, puhleese said:

Is easy entry/exit with memory seats an option with the fl vrs? tks

Not as standard as far as I know. I’m sure I’ve seen instructions to enable it though. Can’t remeber where however. Sorry. 

15 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

SC03OTT, interested in how you coded your fogs to come on with main beam? Is it an OBD11 app? I bought my OBD11 a couple of years ago.

I sold my Scout last year & now run a Leon FR, I could really fancy having the fogs to come on with main beam, it would help at night on country roads.  Currently I switch the fogs on manually, which does mean they stay on with dipped beam.

13 hours ago, daveface said:

I also have a 2016 vRS and have found I found the A5 control module listed as Front Sensor Driver Assistants System - you can also see the little A5 in green in the top right.

Screenshot_20180214-061803_zps8ngoifus_e

Yeh bit of a palm face moment,I was looking for it within 'central electrics' when I realised it was a module of it's own I got there in the end.