What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

14 hours ago, Bap33 said:

when clicking on "find similar", there's no matching result... 😐

so sad, but thanks for useful info to me -
i'm waiting for new Mk3.5 in near months, will have to extract them from current car

list becomes longer and longer:
1. Full diameter Spare Wheel
2. GPS Signal Repeater under dashboard
3. Bilstein B6 DampTronic shocks
4. Start-Stop Memory module

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2022 at 22:03, JR RS said:

No no, ur English is good and understandable.

We r talking the same thing.

It's more likely I've misunderstood wats fitted from factory on the L&K models in ur market.

It's great u guys have that done already.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have to do it the hard way.

This a link to a discussion we had here many years ago....

Looks like country spec variance striking again - my UK 2018 Sportline has them as well as standard in all doors.

Edited by GiantKiwi
putting it in the right box

• 1 month later...

Hi there I've recently bought this 2017 Skoda Superb L&K however my previous car was an Audi A6 with LED headlights l, this Skoda is great however when you get used to LED lights you must get spoilt because these on this car are so dull in comparison that I didn't think they were on, it had the adaptive system on but I was wondering can you upgrade the headlights with no Canbus issues ? 

Also the left headlights seems to flicker too, I've just looked at the start of this thread but it seems to be for the fogs and it was created in 2016 so can anyone give me a heads up re headlights plz - much appreciated and great forum thank you.

Sounds like u need to replace ur xenon bulbs because a Superb with well aligned beams and good bulbs is great.

If u do upgrade ur xenons - get Osram Xenarcs or Phillips XtremeVisions.

I upgraded mine to XtremeVision Gen2 many many years ago and they're brilliant.

U can see footage of it here.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Sounds like u need to replace ur xenon bulbs because a Superb with well aligned beams and good bulbs is great.

Thanks for the reply mate, is there no option for LED in the headlights or is this too difficult but yeah anything would be better then these I've got in at the moment .

9 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Thanks for the reply mate, is there no option for LED in the headlights or is this too difficult but yeah anything would be better then these I've got in at the moment .

BTW those you have in look fantastic! 

Where can I get those from please ?

Hi folks, newbie alert. Took delivery of a 2017 2.0 TDI Superb Combi. Very pleased overall. Reversed the other night and assumed a fuse had gone and reversing lights weren't working...to my alarm they were working but just very inadequate. That brought a google search on and read with interest most of the 28 pages on this topic. Obviously old news to lots of you who have had the car since 2016-17 so apologies for that. What i am looking for is a strong recommendation for replacement reversing lights as a lot of the links aren't working. Obviously no canbus errors. Whilst i am in the rear lights i might as well do the indicators too. The boot lights seem very simple with items in aliexpress?

image.thumb.png.da79127466f4c6ce2c1e6e3481f9463d.png

just wondering about any issues with these? Appreciate they don't fit the glovebox without mods.

What about simple replacement W5W bulbs?

Thanks again for any advice, much appreciated.

On 08/03/2023 at 20:04, foofoo7777 said:

What about simple replacement W5W bulbs?

less performance with huge chances of can bus err

one week ago were installed trunk bulbs from this seller on MY23

-> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001942971529.html

20230104_Ali_store_5649014_2Pcs-PC-LED-Luggage-Trunk-Lamp.thumb.jpeg.03c5e4036b464fac7f2a3455bf8eff4c.jpeg

one additional pair under the trunk cover

(haven't info, from what source dealer powered them, on previous MY16, source were closing button illumination wires)

20230303_155410_25p.jpg.d4438b5511982d88f2314125daf29af2.jpg

and second pair in standard places

Superb Mk3.FL MY23

20230312_18x_LED_Ali_vs_1x_LED_OEM_2_ED2.jpg.9c4b25235f4d0f7953becb06ab6194ca.jpg

Superb Mk3 MY16

170327_Trunk_Light_3w_18xLED_vs_stock_Incandescent_1_ED.thumb.png.711857da7636bc332fcd13e61e718c06.png

on first evening, one time i have got "open trunk" warning when open glove box, but i'm lucky, it not repeated
-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/506039-storage-compartment-open-warning/

Ali_store_5649014 18x LED vs OEM 1x LED 8J0 947 409 B

20230307_141035_25p.jpg.1ada29e14937eb5c4bbe58e6f6461deb.jpg

20230307_141027_25p.thumb.jpg.50e17ab1b83ec4a6d79bb6cde0f04c0b.jpg

20230321_142241_25p.jpg.0b35a84bee973fa09f0ef050fc627a61.jpg

20230201_OEM_8J0_947_409_B_1x_LED_25p.thumb.jpg.ee832957f88c64448da22fabace3297a.jpg

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2022 at 00:12, Bap33 said:

I've clicked on the link for 12+6 LED, but unfortunately it's not available anymore and when clicking on "find similar", there's no matching result... 😐

i found one
-> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32838811778.html

not ordered yet, seems ~30% overpriced, even with their "31%" discount

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

i found one
-> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32838811778.html

not ordered yet, seems ~30% overpriced, even with their "31%" discount

Thanks for remembering.

I´ve bought a 4 bulb set with 6+6 red & white LEDs since this post. But not installed yet. I ´ll let you know how the result is. ;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MP74 said:

BTW those you have in look fantastic! 

Where can I get those from please ?

For the pre-facelift Superb, sadly there is no LED option.

Only the facelift version comes with proper LED headlights.

U could replace ur xenon bulbs with LED bulbs, but I would not recommend it as they require massive heat sinks or fans and get very hot.  U won't b able to put the headlight cover at the back on, meaning it's no longer sealed, allowing dirt & water to get inside the unit.

I got my Phillips XtremeVisions from Powerbulbs.  Awesome company to deal with.  Lots of sales/deals.  Fast shipping.

Highly recommended.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

I just replace the bulbs with LED's in the boot  and lights inside with auxito w5w led lights of eBay, they are great sorry I did not take any pics but they are bright 

7 hours ago, 35North said:

I just replace the bulbs with LED's in the boot  and lights inside with auxito w5w led lights of eBay, they are great sorry I did not take any pics but they are bright 

I was just going to ask what people are using for inside lights as mine are absolutely atrocious, you turn them on and the car actually gets darker inside especially the rear ones. How do you replace them? I couldn't find any obvious place to remove the cover. 

7 hours ago, j caff said:

I was just going to ask what people are using for inside lights as mine are absolutely atrocious, you turn them on and the car actually gets darker inside especially the rear ones. How do you replace them? I couldn't find any obvious place to remove the cover. 

You will need to use trim removal tools, for the front lights start at the front nearer to the windscreen and work around only the clear bit of plastic, as for the rear lights I had to remove the whole unit then pry the cover off to get the the bulbs at this point it was a bit of a struggle to get them out by hand but use a flat head screwdriver to help it out.

I got this of ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374038217284

If they don't work the 1st time turn the LED around. They are bright much better  

1 hour ago, 35North said:

You will need to use trim removal tools, for the front lights start at the front nearer to the windscreen and work around only the clear bit of plastic, as for the rear lights I had to remove the whole unit then pry the cover off to get the the bulbs at this point it was a bit of a struggle to get them out by hand but use a flat head screwdriver to help it out.

I got this of ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374038217284

If they don't work the 1st time turn the LED around. They are bright much better  

You're a star thank you. The Auxito are expensive especially with the added Brexit tax but definitely worth it. 

Dynamic LED Turn Signals

haven't seen any alternative model 😞

it perfect for it's price, but i would prefer fixed, second edition model, where signal would be visible from rear

r6AAAgJaleA-1920.jpg

for previous MY16 it cost 34€

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/454623-what-have-you-done-to-your-superb-iii-today/?do=findComment&comment=5357529

for current MY23 18€, exactly same model

-> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004299032245.html

3VD 949 102

ywAAAgFaleA-1920.jpg

• Like 1

Have changed footwell light bulbs to led ones and now i have code 0531. Read somewhere that i need to change bulbs type in VCDS. My interface doesn't cooperate with SIII 2019 so I'd like to ask if you could recommend any free app I'll be able to change that type to LED with? Thanks a lot in advance.