Octavia III Facelift

So with the facelift Golf being unveiled yesterday, the GTI is apparently getting a 10bhp increase on both variants. So regular GTI gets c.230 with the GTI PP getting c.240. I don't think it's a great leap to suggest that the facelift vRS will get the 230 as standard too. I can't see it getting more. The vRS is in the same class as the GTI so giving it the same power makes sense to me. Skoda would have to make a vRS+ model (or whatever you want to call it) for it to have more power and thus propel it closer to the Golf R and Leon Cupra R. That's my opinion anyway.

So with the facelift Golf being unveiled yesterday, the GTI is apparently getting a 10bhp increase on both variants. So regular GTI gets c.230 with the GTI PP getting c.240. I don't think it's a great leap to suggest that the facelift vRS will get the 230 as standard too. I can't see it getting more. The vRS is in the same class as the GTI so giving it the same power makes sense to me. Skoda would have to make a vRS+ model (or whatever you want to call it) for it to have more power and thus propel it closer to the Golf R and Leon Cupra R. That's my opinion anyway.

Makes sense but I hoped for more and a petrol 4x4!

this is really bad, both front and rear lights look horrible...

Well. I still hope that this is a cheap chinese replica for Octavia. (no disrespect for chinese people)
With the tail lights I can get along let's say.
But the headlights, oooh.... I'm blind... :D

this is really bad, both front and rear lights look horrible...

The rear lights have hardly changed. I can only assume you think the current ones look bad if the new ones look 'horrible'?

I don't think it looks to bad. Waiting to see what power trains go in the new model. Hoping for a decent hp output from a petrol vrs. If they do something along the lines of the golf r - 4x4 290 vrs then the current vrs petrol I have will be put in for one. Can't see it as skoda appears to be the poor relation in the vw group. But, as with everything there's always hope. Anyway, Englands just scored!!

• Like 1

I don't think it looks to bad. Waiting to see what power trains go in the new model. Hoping for a decent hp output from a petrol vrs. If they do something along the lines of the golf r - 4x4 290 vrs then the current vrs petrol I have will be put in for one. Can't see it as skoda appears to be the poor relation in the vw group. But, as with everything there's always hope. Anyway, Englands just scored!!

expect 230hp for vRS and 245hp for the 'performance' model 

• Like 1