vRS245 ordered club

6 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

On advice from my dealer I've just logged a complaint with Skoda UK

My 245 DSG was ordered along with £4500's worth of extras on the 11th September, as of today it;s showing an unconfirmed build date of the 9th of April 2018 with a further 4 weeks after that for delivery bringing it to a total of over 8 months from order to delivery, I was initially advised 12-16 weeks.

My order was a simple cash purchase and the extras paid my me cash too, I could basically have chosen any car up to the value of £30k but opted for the 245 due to loving my current 2011 VRS TDI, based on a 12-16 week delivery time I used all the cash I had available to me at that time in savings and I settled the £7k finance that was outstanding on my current car, now potentially faced with a 5 month extra wait I'm unable to sell the current car on and free up that money for some time now.

I'll see what they come back with, at the very least I'd expect some further discount on my options (over the dealer agreed discount), if they are unwilling to do something then I'll be cancelling my order and buying a nearly new  MK7.5 Golf R Estate from VW.

Simply put, they shouldn't be selling cars they cant deliver within a reasonable timeframe, 8 months is simply not reasonable when you've been told 3-4 months.

Will be interested in hearing what they say. Not sure if it will be too late to follow suit but if there's a possibility of them knocking something off the price or throwing something in for free I suppose it's worth a shot. 

40 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

My broker (21st Century) emailed me today to say though they had no build date, it should be here for end of march as agreed.

Im not as hopeful as them....

How can they say you should have it at the end of march as agreed if no build week has been allocated.   They'll be pulling white rabbits out of hats next

They shoud be called  magicmotors.co.uk

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

How can they say you should have it at the end of march as agreed if no build week has been allocated.   They'll be pulling white rabbits out of hats next

They shoud be called  magicmotors.co.uk

Yeah I agree - they clearly dont have a clue...

Email 1:

I have just checked again with the dealer, and it is still showing the same regarding your order.
I will keep checking and monitoring your order and i will let you know once i hear anything. :)

(Same re order = no build week showing)

Email 2 (10 mins later:

We are still on track for March delivery which was what estimated.

The dealers are busy at this time of year due to it being the end of the year and Christmas and they said we should get build weeks end of December

Maybe it will be here end of March - who knows.

On 07/12/2017 at 16:01, martysparty99 said:

Just had this from my dealer :  

Production slots for the current OCTAVIA vRS 245 are now full. This model will remain in production until week 26 2018 – however, we need to close factory ordering to guarantee build slots for all existing customer-tagged orders, including those on the wait list.

The OCTAVIA vRS 245 will remain on the configurator, and in SLi, to support sales of remaining network stock.

Any new factory orders placed from today (Monday 4 December 2017) will be cancelled, as will any demonstrator, stock or showroom orders either on the waitlist or without a build week.

OCTAVIA vRS 245 will be removed from the ŠKODA.co.uk website configurator from Monday 4 December.

We will bring back a 2.0 TSI 245PS vRS at model year 2019, which will go into production mid-2018.  Details will be communicated closer to the time.

The red writing explains quite a lot.  I wonder if the bit " With out a Build Week " only applies to Demonstrators or Stock Cars or everyone without a build week.

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Email 1:

I have just checked again with the dealer, and it is still showing the same regarding your order.
I will keep checking and monitoring your order and i will let you know once i hear anything. :)

(Same re order = no build week showing)

Email 2 (10 mins later:

We are still on track for March delivery which was what estimated.

The dealers are busy at this time of year due to it being the end of the year and Christmas and they said we should get build weeks end of December

Maybe it will be here end of March - who knows.

Why haven’t you heard anything from the previous end of month BW declarations? 230s ordered now are April deliveries.

18 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The red writing explains quite a lot.  I wonder if the bit " With out a Build Week " only applies to Demonstrators or Stock Cars or everyone without a build week.

however, we need to close factory ordering to guarantee build slots for all existing customer-tagged orders, including those on the wait list.

After this bit my dealer stated "So at least this does confirm your vehicle will be built.  We are still hopeful that this build will come forward, bringing it back in line, or at least closer to, the original forecast of March, however we cannot guarantee it at this stage."

I was told I should get a BW at the end of jan or beginning of feb

54 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Think im going to order a DTUK box tomorrow. Anyone know how difficult they are to fit? Ive heard the boost sensor is low down in the engine bay?

Its really easy to fit

1 hour ago, matt9407 said:

Thanks, can you ellaborate?

DTUK said the undertray needs to come off which is off putting

Its a bit of a PITA really, get it on axle stands, take the undertray off & then you'll be able to see the angle the turbo boost sensor is at. 

Some will tell you that you can get to it from above, including 1 DTUK employee but, his arms look like piranhas have been at him. Don't try it, the locking catches can get broken if you force them the wrong way, its not a bad job, its just diesel tunningbox is so much eaiser from above. Cable tie up neatly with a bit of play for engine movement, you'll be fine

So further to my previous post regarding me having a moan at Skoda UK, I got a call from a customer relations manager yesterday afternoon.

Essentially just re-iterating what we already know, the 245 has completely over-sold any expectations and as a result they're way behind and have cancelled any existing dealer stock orders and stopped any further customer orders from being placed.

She's apparently raised it with the "retail support team" and is going to come back to me next Tuesday with any update, I did tell her that if the build date didn't come forward from the unconfirmed BW15 (April the 9th!) or alternatively they couldn't compensate for the hugely extended wait then I'd have to consider cancelling the order and going elsewhere.

So just about to leave the office for lunch and thought I'd try live chat again, low and behold in one day it's come forward a full 3 months .......!

Thank you for waiting. I have checked my system and your OCTAVIA vRS 245 currently has an unconfirmed build week of week 02 next year which commences on the 8th of Jan.

May just be co-incidence but I suspect not! 

Based on this becoming a confirmed build date that would take me to early Feb for delivery which is just too close to an 18-plate for me not to just get the dealer to hang on to it until March the 1st.

Anyway, progress at last :)

4 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Based on this becoming a confirmed build date that would take me to early Feb for delivery which is just too close to an 18-plate for me not to just get the dealer to hang on to it until March

Ha ha, your gonna wait for a new plate after waiting that long !

My 17 plate vRS245 was registered on the 25th Aug !!!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Ha ha, your gonna wait for a new plate after waiting that long !

My 17 plate vRS245 was registered on the 25th Aug !!!

If it comes after the first week of Feb then I'll hang on the extra couple of weeks I think, mines not a lease so obviously resale value is somewhat of a consideration. 

I'll have waited that long, a couple of weeks won't make much difference.    If it does come in Jan then I'll take it then :)

I spoke to Skoda uk and now being told it was accepted by the factory on december 1st even though they previously said the factory accepted the order on 17th November.

If I don't have a confirmed build week by January I'll have no choice but to cancel my order as my current lease goes back first week in March. 

On 14/12/2017 at 21:55, themanwithnoaim said:

Its a bit of a PITA really, get it on axle stands, take the undertray off & then you'll be able to see the angle the turbo boost sensor is at. 

Some will tell you that you can get to it from above, including 1 DTUK employee but, his arms look like piranhas have been at him. Don't try it, the locking catches can get broken if you force them the wrong way, its not a bad job, its just diesel tunningbox is so much eaiser from above. Cable tie up neatly with a bit of play for engine movement, you'll be fine

Cool thanks. I spoke to them today and have also found a place by me that supplies and fits the boxes. So going to talk to them too and decide on monday who i buy from.

Ive seen your 245 is pushing approx 300 bhp now? How are you finding the power? Quick enough?!

14 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Ive seen your 245 is pushing approx 300 bhp now? How are you finding the power? Quick enough?!

Oh yeah, its quick enough, I've got the Pedalbox plus too which really extenuates the madness.

Ask for the bigger modified jumpers otherwise you'll always be south of the 300 mark. Rolling road figures aren't what its all about though & each rolling road has its own form of BS numbers for bragging rights.

Currently, playing the game of trying to KEEP traction which, is fun, beware of the torque steer though although, through the twists the E-diff deals with everything for you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

If it comes after the first week of Feb then I'll hang on the extra couple of weeks I think, mines not a lease so obviously resale value is somewhat of a consideration. 

I'll have waited that long, a couple of weeks won't make much difference.    If it does come in Jan then I'll take it then :)

I wouldn't think a 67 /18 plate would affect the value significantly. Options and mileage will make it more valuable/desirable. 

My Skoda dealership rang today to update my 245 delivery date which had been pushed out to May. When  you think it was ordered on 4th October  it would have been a 7-8 month

wait ( ridiculous) I was thinking of cancelling it.

Now I have a build week of 2 so hopefully fingers crossed  it should be early Feb.